PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEIRD Madden Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
ok so i am playing madden. Go to kick a field goal with a couple seconds left in the third quarter.

My right thumb slips off the analog (ps2) and the ball is just snapped back into the ground and my holder doesn't catch it. It says "fumble". Then my kicker runs over to pick it up and it says "turnover on downs".

So the other team has the ball.

BUT

They have the ball with 0:00 left on the clock in the third quarter. They run 3 plays, then punt. Now i have run 3 plays myself and the clock is stuck at 0:00.

I guess it is just stuck, i also cannot call any timeouts.

Does anyone have any suggestions that will help me get out of this?

has anyone seen this before on madden 07?

Keegs said:
ok so i am playing madden. Go to kick a field goal with a couple seconds left in the third quarter.

My right thumb slips off the analog (ps2) and the ball is just snapped back into the ground and my holder doesn't catch it. It says "fumble". Then my kicker runs over to pick it up and it says "turnover on downs".

So the other team has the ball.

BUT

They have the ball with 0:00 left on the clock in the third quarter. They run 3 plays, then punt. Now i have run 3 plays myself and the clock is stuck at 0:00.

I guess it is just stuck, i also cannot call any timeouts.

has anyone seen this before on madden 07?

I would suggest buying the game again in a few months once the idiots at EA decide to flood the market with bug-less version.

Did you play EA's NFL Head Coach? Holy Moses talk about a bad, buggy, SLOW game.

Slagathor said:
I would suggest buying the game again in a few months once the idiots at EA decide to flood the market with bug-less version.

Did you play EA's NFL Head Coach? Holy Moses talk about a bad, buggy, SLOW game.
that's for the hot tip quincy.

My guy (superstar mode- strong safety) has 7 tackles and 3 ints goin into the 4th quarter.

theres no way im quitting.

Looks like i might just play forever.

somebody help me godammnit

Slagathor said:

yeah i have nfl head coach for pc and i used to play it until i realized it was more of a chore and i wasnt even enjoying myself

See if you can play the game forever.

Johnny Z said:
See if you can play the game forever.

yeah

see if you can play the game so much that you never have time to post here again

bet you can't do that

Careful, the anti-Madden-post police will eat your babies.

Brownfan80 said:
Careful, the anti-Madden-post police will eat your babies.

LOL..No Doubt,It warms me to know that Im not the only one that starts Madden Threads!.I have not had this particular Problem,Though I do miss more field goals in this years Madden then in years past.That darn kicking meter BLOWS.As for NFL Coach,that game blows EVEN more.There is too much of the feeling of work..and not enough play.Im not too fond of that game,a waste of 50 bux IMHO...Oh well..Maybe next year.

Keegs said:

I didn't see any other posts with an actual solution -- my thought would be to hit the reset, or turn the game off. Either way, it should end the problem for that particular game.

Anyone know how to make the hit stick work in 2007? I want to be able to register some "big hits" but they don't explain how and the 2007 manual is crappola compared to previous versions that actually told you how to play the game.

I don't have trouble getting sacks though. With the Pats I had 63 sacks for the season... with ONE GUY. The team had like 200 sacks total. LOL, it was great.

As for your bug. I'd try to quit out of that mode (triangle) than it will ask you if you want to save the game. Then say yes. Then after you save reset your game system and load the saved game. Voila.

Well that works for me with Franchise mode. I haven't played superstar mode yet.

PS 3 picks and 7 tackles is not worth getting stuck over. I had 11 sacks in a game once with the same guy. :)

To make the hit stick work you push push teh right analog in pretty much any direction. I usually do it just before my guy is going to tackle. Do the chase and tackle mini-drill and practice with the hit stick.

Flying Fungi said:
yeah

see if you can play the game so much that you never have time to post here again

bet you can't do that
this was really funny. clever little jerkoff aren't you?

And yes i could have played forever but i quit. After i posted my last message i ended up playing for another hour and tried everything to get out of it.

The saving did not work either. I saved it, loaded it and it loaded with 0:00 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter.

So weird.

So i gave up.

I am not proud but i had to quit.

Keegs said:

And yes i could have played forever but i quit. After i posted my last message i ended up playing for another hour and tried everything to get out of it.

The saving did not work either. I saved it, loaded it and it loaded with 0:00 left on the clock in the 3rd quarter.

So weird.

So i gave up.

Did you quit because your mother called you up from the basement for dinner?

desi-patsfan said:
To make the hit stick work you push push teh right analog in pretty much any direction. I usually do it just before my guy is going to tackle. Do the chase and tackle mini-drill and practice with the hit stick.

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna try it out. I just learned how to float passes up for jump balls just a while back. It helps that I drafted a receiver that is 6'4" tall with 98 speed. :) Dunno if everyone's draft is different but his name is Donny Whitfield. Appears in the first draft after you finish the 2006 season. I got him with pick 15 and felt lucky to do so. I think he's gonna end up being better than Chad Jackson. (Which is pretty sick since i ended up winning offensive rookie of the year with CJ).

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
Did you quit because your mother called you up from the basement for dinner?
Yeah it was "Hamburger Helper Friday". Mommy knows what i like.

thanks for your excellent contribution to this thread.

I know that you are really smart and always offer a lot to every thread you post in.

This is not a glitch. This is a new feature, so when you see a rusher coming and think it's going to be blocked, you can fake it and try and get the first down. Don't let your finger slip, your fault.

drew4008 said:
This is not a glitch. This is a new feature, so when you see a rusher coming and think it's going to be blocked, you can fake it and try and get the first down. Don't let your finger slip, your fault.

That's no the glitch he was talking about, he meant how the clock froze.

One thing I can't figure out is why I cannot get any INTs. I'm playing on All-Pro with the human defense INT sliders bumped up a bit and NONE. Everyone on my D has hands of stone...Even Tedy!!! That's so not realistic.

Re: another idiotic keegs thread

Keegs said:

So weird.

So i gave up.

Dear Mrs Digger,

I am not shocked at your lack of pride. It is evidenced in every post you make and every thread that you initiate. If I wasn't so busy regretting the low-brow addition that your presence on this forum is, I would surely regret your apparently insufficient upbringing and socialization.

This forum doesn't need a class clown, problem child or troubled adolescent, but thanks for continuously offering to burden us.

Good luck with that.

Re: another idiotic keegs thread

Flying Fungi said:
Dear Mrs Digger,

I am not shocked at your lack of pride. It is evidenced in every post you make and every thread that you initiate. If I wasn't so busy regretting the low-brow addition that your presence on this forum is, I would surely regret your apparently insufficient upbringing and socialization.

This forum doesn't need a class clown, problem child or troubled adolescent, but thanks for continuously offering to burden us.

Good luck with that.
And why are you posting in these pride-lacking threads that show my insufficient upbringing and "socialization"??

why would you post in them?

clearly you are better than that.

well

or at least you think you are.

hehe
:eek:
If you don't like them, don't post in them and just mind your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe