PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We won't get by with only 2 relievers for long

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We have Timlin as a great set-up guy, and Papelbon is obviously a helluva surprise as he's been lights out. But besides those two, we're awful in the bullpen and it showed last night with crappy Tavarez losing the game. Let's get some decent relievers in there!

you are right

drew4008 said:
We have Timlin as a great set-up guy, and Papelbon is obviously a helluva surprise as he's been lights out. But besides those two, we're awful in the bullpen and it showed last night with crappy Tavarez losing the game. Let's get some decent relievers in there!

When I saw Julian warming up, I knew the game was over. He is awful......hits the first batter walks another one, gives up a single then a grand freaking slam.....unreal. If they don't do something about their relief pitching......and their "back end" of the starting pitching rotation (Pauley, Lester, etc)......it is going to be a long, difficult season........

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not so much that, but also bullpen management, as well.

Timlin in the 9th, Delcarmen in the 10th and 11th (he's been stable, but not stellar), and Papelbon only comes in with a lead. . .And the game is won.

Now that Paps pitched two innings, he's unavailable for tonight. I understand being timid with Timlin just off the DL, but Tavarez??? Might as well pull some random schmuck with a B on his hat out of the stands. Best thing he could do for us would be to punch the wall again.

its time to take off the training wheels and let the kids pitch .delcarman hanson lester .let them pitch

Tavarez couldn't find the plate if his life depended on it. This guy is frickin' awful.

well

stcjones said:
When I saw Julian warming up, I knew the game was over. He is awful......hits the first batter walks another one, gives up a single then a grand freaking slam.....unreal. If they don't do something about their relief pitching......and their "back end" of the starting pitching rotation (Pauley, Lester, etc)......it is going to be a long, difficult season........

Not to nitpick, but tavarez got the first guy out (strikeout) then hit the guy, double, intentional walk, grandslam! We need to dump tavarez (even though we are paying him $7mil) If Foulke comes back healthy we are in a lot better shape with Foulke, timlin, paps for the 7-8-9! Leave seanez for mopup duty, and lopez for lefty duty

As demonstrated last night, even Timlin is not 100% solid.

The entire 'pen, minus Papelbon (and usually Timlin), is very hot and cold.

Delcarmen's got some good stuff, and I think he'll develop. He's getting some good experience right now.

Seanez is either very good or very bad.

Tavarez? They need to leave him on a street corner somewhere.

I'm worried about this guy starting tonight- never heard of him before, but if they're claiming people that freakin' KANSAS CITY doesn't want anymore, it can't be good!

Tavarez and Seanez are right up there with the worst we have ever had. I know they are good pitchers...just not getting it done here. We may have to part with a prospect after the all-star break.

GONZALEZ JUST YANKED ONE RIGHT AFTER LOWELL YANKED ONE...WE ARE YANKING OUR WAY BEYOND THE YANKMEEES...WHO NEEDS RELIEVERS???...JUST KIDDING...I AM A 47 YEAR OLD SOX FAN...I'VE BEEN A FAN TOO LONG TO KNOW YOU NEED AT LEAST 3 GOOD PEN GUYS MINIMUM.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back