PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats select with the #7 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Champs 3X

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I say we draft Matt Ryan grome him for a year then trade Brady for a 1 and 2 in 2009 and a 1 in 2010

You forgot to mention that we should trade Vince Wilfolk, Richard Seymour and Randy Moss. :bricks:

No he will be 32 when trade him he can not play forever and you have to look to the future before it's to late

sounds like you are selling crazy, sorry, but we are all stocked up here.

No he will be 32 when trade him he can not play forever and you have to look to the future before it's to late

6 years younger than 2007 Pro Bowler's Brett Favre and Jeff Garcia.

Wait - this is just another trolling thread.

Brett Farve I will give but Jeff Garcia that is not a good argument

Brett Farve I will give but Jeff Garcia that is not a good argument

Dude.. Seriously.. I hope this is a joke.. YOu want to trade Tom Brady.. ONe of the top 10 QB's of all time for a few draft picks.. PLease.. He's got another 6-7 years of TOP END PLAY!

World Champs 3X...There's an NFL rule that says you cannot trade a Super Bowl winning and/or MVP QB without first getting labotomy trade approval from the competition committee. I don't think Belichick has applied for the direct lobotomy trade approval yet...unless you know something i have not yet heard? Because Peyton Manning was the last MVP to win a Super Bowl I think Bill Polian gets first crack at the new rule.

First of all, for all of you who think that Brady has another six or seven good years left you are absolutely crazy. Brady's human. Yes he will go down as one of the greatest QB's of all time, but he is not a robot. Now this whole idea about trading Brady for Matt Ryan is a little far fetched. However, i do like the thinking ahead by this poster. Definately not this year. Or the year after for that matter. But i can agree with doing something like this three years from now. This league is a business, and i think a lot of you need to be reminded of this.

Its not completely crazy; after all, Montana was traded. But Ryan is no Young so for your scenario to happen, you need someone better than Matt Ryan...

"Thinking ahead" is drafting a QB and bringing him along to maybe take the reins when one of the greatest QBs of all time steps down.

"******ed" is drafting a QB, grooming him for a year, and then trading one of the greatest QBs of all time, the reigning MVP, who just happens to be AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME.

I say we draft Matt Ryan grome him for a year then trade Brady for a 1 and 2 in 2009 and a 1 in 2010

Wrong! When the Pats draft Ryan, Belichick trades Brady to the Jets for the return of Mangini's undying love and admiration to return. Draft picks are fleeting. The love of Mangini lasts forever... or at least until he stabs you in the back.

Wrong! When the Pats draft Ryan, Belichick trades Brady to the Jets for the return of Mangini's undying love and admiration to return. Draft picks are fleeting. The love of Mangini lasts forever... or at least until he stabs you in the back.

Lets be like the dolphins and keep Brady to he can't move anymore like Marino. Looks like that worked out real well

Lets be like the dolphins and keep Brady to he can't move anymore like Marino. Looks like that worked out real well

He makes a good point. Marino has only 61,000+ passing yards. Not as if he could hit the broad side of a barn in those later years or anything.

Brady will never get traded unless Belioli lose their sanity. This thread has gotten me curious though to know what kind of offer another team would pony up for Brady.

Brady is 30. Marino was an All Pro at age 34 and passed for over 4400 yards and had 30 TDs at age 33. Even by Marino standards, Brady has four or five more good years left.

Don't forget that Elway won his Super Bowls in his late 30s and had one of his best statistical years of his career at age 37 (3635 yards, 27 TDs which was the most of his career in a single season, and 11 INTs). Favre had one his best years last season at age 38. How about Rich Gannon who's career didn't even really start until he was 34 and passed for nearly 4700 yards and was the league MVP at age 37?

Why are we expecting Brady's 30s to go like Marino's when it could be like Elway's? When was Brady ever relied on his legs to win games? Marino relied on his armstrength and that faded. Brady can surgically eat apart defenses with short precision passing. Age isn't going to destroy that part of his game nearly as quickly as strength.

Last edited:
How does one "grome" someone? Stay in school, troll.

HeadExplode.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back