PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats secret dynasty...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive regular season stats. But no dynasty. All that matters is being a champion or being an up and coming young team and eventually becoming a champ.

Surely will get some flack and the usual “you don’t remember the dark years”, but so be it. The only thing that matters is first place.

2007: You forgot Mike Carrey admitting that he should have called the play dead with Eli in the grasp on the Helmet Catch..
I don't recall Carey making any admission that he should have done anything. I do remember him saying that he had his whistle in his mouth and was just about to blow it dead when Eli escaped.

Logan Mankins' entire Patriots career stretched that era, 2005-2013. He'll always be the Don Mattingly of the Patriots.
mayo never got one either if memory serves.

Last edited:
mayo never got one either if memory servers.

Your memory servers are in need of tweaking. He only played 6 games before landing on IR but Mayo was on the '14 team.

It is crazy to think that the Patriots had a 9 year dead zone in between two 3x title dynasties with:
  1. 110-34 record, including a 16-0 regular season
  2. 8 playoff appearances
  3. 2 Super Bowl appearances
  4. Brady being 2x MVP 2x 1st Team All-Pro 8x Pro Bowl
That's the bad run of the Brady-Belichick era, somehow. Just unreal.

I wish I could like this post 100 times!

Remember when the Colts claimed to be the team of the 2000's??

giphy.gif

From 2005 through 2013... a nine year stretch... despite never winning a Super Bowl... they were universally considered the team to beat.

Think about it. Nine years. Almost a decade. Always: the team to beat... despite never winning the SB. No other team has EVER done that. How about THEM apples!!!

;)

Everyone has their own way of dividing up the different iterations of the dynasty. I see it as 2000-2009 and then from 2010-present. Outside of Moss, Welker, and Mankins, all of the key players from 2005-13 got their championships. That 2009 campaign was clearly the end of that first run.

The first dynasty didn’t end in 2004 because a huge amount of those championship players stayed on the team until around 2008-09 when they rebuilt. The first dynasty is marked by Brady, Brown, Branch, Faulk, Light, Koppen, Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Law, Izzo, and Vinatieri. The second dynasty has a lot of key players drafted around the time the first was ending: Brady, Gronkowski, Edelman, Amendola, White, Blount, Cannon, Vollmer, McCourty, Chung, Hightower, Slater, and Gostkowski.

From 2005 through 2013... a nine year stretch... despite never winning a Super Bowl... they were universally considered the team to beat.

Think about it. Nine years. Almost a decade. Always: the team to beat... despite never winning the SB. No other team has EVER done that. How about THEM apples!!!
Yes but the fact that they did win the Super Bowl before 2005 helped make them be considered "the team to beat". If 2001-2004 never happened then no one is looking at NE in 2005 to 2013 as "the team to beat" during that time period. If anything, they would have been ridiculed along the same lines as the Bills as being perennial also-rans.

I will always consider those year a period of phenomenal underachievement. It boggle the mind how good they were without having won one during that 9 year stretch. One of the things that made me so happy about this SB is that it made up for missing the ones in that 9 year period they should've had.

Last edited:
Logan Mankins' entire Patriots career stretched that era, 2005-2013. He'll always be the Don Mattingly of the Patriots.

Yep, as deserving of a ring as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case