PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tank Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackPMiller

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
As you know, he just got out of prison serving I think 3 months in jail. Yesteraday, he talked to the Commish, Roger Goodall. ESPN was all over this, saying since he served some time in jail, Tank's NFL suspension should be shortened. If you were the Commish, and had to hand down the suspension, how many games would he be suspended, and why that amount?

For, me, it would be the whole season, because he went to prison on gun charges, while PacMan Jones has never been convicted of anything, and he is suspended for the season. Of course, I like to hear what you think.

Based on what we know, he should be suspended for one season and there should be some caveats re. expectations, it is not as though he made a mistake he committed a bunch of crimes. If he did some purposeful community service with something like victims of street crimes, he might rethink how he does stuff in the future.

It seems the Goddell has the gonads to do something that will have an effect.

I think he should get a punishment equal to Pac Man's. Don't blame Johnson for being convicted when Pac Man has not, Pac Man simply has not been to trial yet.

The fact that he did jail time should have nothing to do with the suspention. IMO he should get the same suspension as Henry. IIRC Tank wasn't a major part in a shooting where someone allmost died and now will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. That is a big reason that Pacman got the longer suspension. If he was arrested for only getting in a brawl where someone got his nose brocken or something he would have only gotten an 8 game suspenison IMO.

I don't think the league has any right to deny him earning his living. He has paid his debt to society.

The NFL community is representative of the community at large. There are rapists, murderers, drug addicts, steroids etc in the community as there are in the NFL. To say NFL players have to be punished more than the average citizen i feel in wrong. Move on.

I don't think the league has any right to deny him earning his living. He has paid his debt to society.

The NFL community is representative of the community at large. There are rapists, murderers, drug addicts, steroids etc in the community as there are in the NFL. To say NFL players have to be punished more than the average citizen i feel in wrong. Move on.

And as in any business, he can be fired. He doesn't have a right to "earn a living" as an NFL football player. He can go to the AFL, Canada or get a job at Wal-Mart.

Was he convicted of gun charges or was he convicted of a parole violation by possessing the firearms ? Two different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes