PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shaughnessy leading the bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I could see the possibly that the Colts don't win another game this season.....Lose to Seattle is a possibility as the Seahawks need to maintain their #1 seed. Colts rest starters for week 17, particularly for injury. Freeney hobbling around yesterday worried Dungy. Then the 2nd round of the playoffs and you know who goes to the RCA dome.....

Poor Indy, what a run, 13 straight wins, but alas, for naught.

PatsRI said:
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba.../12/19/take_his_2_cents_worth____to_the_bank/
Whoa there Dan, we're all thinking it, but try and keep the bulletin board material down a bit for the Colts. ;)
Unfortunately for the Colts and anyone else in the NFL, he's right. This team is hitting the playoffs peaking way above the other playoff teams. It seems like Bill does this every year as far as timing the peak, almost on purpose. An embarrassment of riches is being a Pats fan.

Shaunnessey is a punk!!! He jinxed the Sox (and probably wanted to - Return of the Curse, anyone?) and now he is trying to jinx my beloved Pats. I won't have it!!!

We're doomed:

This is the same genius who, two weeks after the Sox traded Nomar in 2004 wrote that they were in danger of being considered "the biggest pack of frauds ever to don the Red Sox uniform" and that John Henry and Theo Epstein "should hang down their heads in shame". Of course they went on to win the W.S. that autumn.

The same Einstein wrote this past August that the Sox were "Like Secretariat" in being about to blow the Yankees and the rest of baseball out and would lap the field by the equivalent of 33 and 1/3 lengths. Didn't quite happen.

Shaughnessy is worse than the "Curse of the Bambino" from which he's profited so much.

When he jumps on a bandwagon, it instantly becomes a bomb on wheels.

Why does that ****** still have a job? After all the Sox won the series, wasn't the premise of his entire exhistance that the sox "could not win the series" or the whole lovable losers thing? I hate that guy!!!!

One other thing doesn't he have something better to write about? Because I could have sworn that some long time hot dog vendor just retired because his arthritis limited his ability to squeeze the tongs! In all fairness the guy was a Fenway Frank dishing legend in section 120!

Last edited:
Having just re-read the column, I noticed the Globe editor's (or perhaps a humbled CHB himself)smartly (kudos to them for once) put this at the end of it.

"Dan Shaughnessy is a Globe columnist. On June 26, 2005, he predicted the Red Sox were going to win the American League East in a landslide. His e-mail address is [email protected]."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back