PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Pats @ Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady was incredible.
Defense pretty good. Wise looks like another draft steal.
Hopefully everyone is ok health wise.

One big factor for the rest of the season: Dorsett looks like he can play. Way too hot of a take but he looked somewhat like Branch the way he moved.

One thing I've seen through the years is that if a wideout is going to "get" the offense, he shows signs of it right away. It will take some time to get to full speed, but the signs will be there. Whereas the guys who don't get it never show it. Dorsett showed it today, which is very encouraging to me. And his speed definitely shows. Fingers crossed but the arrow is pointing upwards here.

I think Dorset is going to be a huge addition. I think that first catch, if Brady and him had a bit longer to work together, that goes for the TD. Not a criticism, but just what we have to look forward to.

With the wide receivers hurting like they are, Demarcus Ayers may see the field soon.

Here are my negative reactions to the game.

Offense

Solder wasn't so good. Cooks still not involved enough. I blame Tom for that. Without Edelman you need to look his way more. Still look to have issues attacking the short middle of the field. Need to work that out.

Defense

Butler just hasn't looked good. Maybe he is hurt? Chung not very good recently. He isn't young and this could be a trend more than a slump. Gilmore though not bad didn't earn his money today imo but that is a slight nitpick. Of course injuries on both sides suck.

My positive reactions.

Offense

Brady, 4/5ths of the OL, White is officially a 3rd down monster, Dorset is really showing a lot for being her so little. I think he will make few plays but big ones. Gronk was Gronk.

Defense

Wise looks like the real deal and will improve. Run D did well even without Branch on the field which is encouraging. Guy i thought had a good day. Flowers picked up where he left off. Jonathan Jones had a coming up party and has lots of upside. One of the better games I have seen from the LBs not named Hightower. I found little to complain of with this unit. Hightower not missed much. To me that was perhaps the most surprising thing.

Great win on the road against a great QB and against a team that was as desperate to win as we were.

Thought Jonathan Jones had a solid game, he's slowly gaining reps into the varsity defense. He made two really nice plays and we all know his value on ST. He reminded me of Butler, not quitting on the play, playing all the way thru the whistle.

Great to see Dorsett out there, this kid is a player. Once he gains Brady's trust and learns this offense, look out...

We're on to Houston...

Strong win. Not a surprise as we should have won this game but it was nice to bounce back and the game never felt in doubt with the way the offense was rolling.

Defense did well too. Gave up some long plays again but a few of them were simply great passes. The red zone stops were big.

Looks like the injury scares were just that. Scares, either they are fine or healthy. Haven't heard about Rowe or Burkhead though.

Strong win. Not a surprise as we should have won this game but it was nice to bounce back and the game never felt in doubt with the way the offense was rolling.

Defense did well too. Gave up some long plays again but a few of them were simply great passes. The red zone stops were big.

Looks like the injury scares were just that. Scares, either they are fine or healthy. Haven't heard about Rowe or Burkhead though.
2nd half offense was a little weird, they took their foot off of the gas. Gotta step on their necks (as per Edelman).

ST coverage was a bit weaker today with both Slater and Ebner out, I thought.

Adam Butler didn't show up on the stat sheet, but I thought he did some nice work on the inside.

Malcolm Butler has been playing quite a bit of RCB a lot the past two weeks. Didn't think he had it in him at all, really, but he's done okay.

Yep.

....and Branch needs to get out of the doghouse

That's a big ass dog house, Like this:

Dog-House-Condo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe