PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phillip Rivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Patriots had drafted Phillip Rivers, he would have won 2-3 Superbowls here.

I think his quick release and style would have meshed with Pat's system.
source.gif

If the Patriots had drafted Phillip Rivers, he would have won 2-3 Superbowls here.

Are you a religious man?

Pat who? I don't recall a coach named Pat. :confused:

If the Pats had drafted Rivers he would have sat beyond Brady for 4 years.

After which BB would have traded him for 3 first rounders :D

Phillip Rivers is a better quarterback than Eli Manning.

Guess Eli's daddy really did make the right choice demanding that trade, as the worse quarterback will end up with 2 rings and (sadly) in the HOF.

I look at Rivers as one of the best QBs in the league outside of Brady

Part of that comes from watching him play injured in the playoffs on a torn MCL - but I tend to agree, he'd at least be good for 2 Super Bowls on a Belichick coached and managed team

Well we disagree. Rivers has never been much of a winner, so crediting him for fictitious SBs is out of my grasp.
As far as the Seattle game, start the 4th quarter with Rivers at QB and we have no prayer.
Rivers has won 4 playoffs games in his entire career, vs 5 losses.

And what did Brady do from 2005 to 2013? He played poorly in several playoff losses. Football is a team sport,

And what did Brady do from 2005 to 2013? He played poorly in several playoff losses. Football is a team sport,
Brady 23-9
Rivers 4-5

Phillip Rivers is a better quarterback than Eli Manning.

Guess Eli's daddy really did make the right choice demanding that trade, as the worse quarterback will end up with 2 rings and (sadly) in the HOF.
He earned them. On the field.

I won't try to guess if Rivers could have won titles under Belichick, but early in his carer they had strong rosters and a good regular season coach who was a legendary playoff choker, and later in his career the team largely rotted out from under him and the coaches were total garbage retreads like Norv Turner and Mike McCoy.

The Chargers were not a championship organization on any level for like the last decade, folks, and Rivers was the only reason they ever even flirted with relevance during that time.

I hope Rivers wins a ring before he retires. He is certainly more deserving than Eli Manning. Just my opinion.

There is no Super Bowl the Patriots have won by a comfortable enough margin that you could take the greatest QB of all time and replace him with someone else and still have won the game.

Brady himself was a necessary component of each and every one of those teams.

Rivers is an excellent QB. Among the most consistent QBs of his era, with the ability to put up solid numbers when his talent fails him. He is always a challenge to play.

Lots of respect for Rivers. I thought at first he was a guy who ran his mouth on the field a bit too much for my taste but I'll never forget when he toughed out an AFC Championship game on a partially torn ACL while Tomlinson was on the bench pouting with his visored helmet and big jacket on.

I looked up his stats in the 2006 AFC Divisional game against us... Other than the one fumble I thought I remembered him having a good game but his 55 passer rating says otherwise...

The Bills had some interest in drafting Rivers at the time. Glad they didn't get the opportunity.

Kind of pointless to speculate things like that IMO. It's equally pointless as "switch Manning and Brady and Peyton would have won 10 ringszs!11!"

Even without the GOAT...Rivers would not likely have been drafted by the Pats even if they had the opportunity. Drew would have been entering year 4 of his 10 year deal, and it's very possible and even likely Belichick would be coaching elsewhere.

We all know Brady IS the system, and I doubt it would have been anything close to the same system or the same team at all if Bledsoe was still behind center.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore