PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Phillip Rivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If the Patriots had drafted Phillip Rivers, he would have won 2-3 Superbowls here.

I think his quick release and style would have meshed with Pat's system.

His quick release of his lips and douche personality wouldn't mesh here though.:p:D

He would've been elite, as in a top 2 QB, in many other generations.

I thought Rivers played great the last time he played Seattle.

Passing

P. Rivers
28 for 37
7.7 yards per attempt
3 td to 0 int
284 yards
124.2 passer rating

That's a great performance vs a elite D

He may not have the “clutch gene”, but he has my undying respect for playing an AFCCG on a torn ACL while his pus$y RB sulked on the sideline with his helmet on... probably crying like a little *****.

is quick release of his lips and douche personality wouldn't mesh here though.:p:D

He should get some credit for playing hurt as well.

I did not like Rivers till the time I saw him absolutely hobbled and crush the Colts in a playoff game. He showed real guts. The Chargers always had a stench because of Mr Classy here shown in his greatest playoff moment
View attachment 18395
Here was me watching that game back then with bodies getting peeled off the field left and right and knowing the winner was coming to Gillette...

163.gif

If the Patriots had drafted Phillip Rivers, he would have won 2-3 Superbowls here.

I think his quick release and style would have meshed with Pat's system.
No.
By saying this you are saying he is as good as Brady since we can all agree he wasn’t winning one his rookie year, Brady has won 2 since.
There is no way in the world the patriots win the last 2 sbs with rivers in Brady’s place, much less with anyone on the planet in Brady’s place.

He would've been elite, as in a top 2 QB, in many other generations.
He doesn’t win. He complies some stats though.
He is the 3rd best qb from the first round of his draft.

Yeah, Rivers was a top 5 QB in the Nfl in his prime. He has always been consistently good, i think only in 2005 he had a truly bad season.

I think he would have a ring here, possibly 2.

Last edited:
Yeah, Rivers was a top 5 QB in the Nfl in his prime. He has always been consistently good, i think only in 2015 he had a truly bad season.

I think he would have a ring here, possibly 2.
Which one? or 2?

No.
By saying this you are saying he is as good as Brady since we can all agree he wasn’t winning one his rookie year, Brady has won 2 since.
There is no way in the world the patriots win the last 2 sbs with rivers in Brady’s place, much less with anyone on the planet in Brady’s place.
To clarify my OP:
If Rivers had been drafted by NE the same year as Brady, and Brady wasn't drafted by the Pats, then Rivers would have won 2-3 Super Bowls by now.

I also disagree that Rivers couldn't have beat Seattle in that Super Bowl. He beat that Seattle team in 2014, hitting 28 of 37 passes for 280 yards and 3 TD to 0 INT.

That performance should be enough to win any game.

To clarify my OP:
If Rivers had been drafted by NE the same year as Brady, and Brady wasn't drafted by the Pats, then Rivers would have won 2-3 Super Bowls by now.

I also disagree that Rivers couldn't have beat Seattle in that Super Bowl. He beat that Seattle team in 2014, hitting 28 of 37 passes for 280 yards and 3 TD to 0 INT.

That performance should be enough to win any game.
Well we disagree. Rivers has never been much of a winner, so crediting him for fictitious SBs is out of my grasp.
As far as the Seattle game, start the 4th quarter with Rivers at QB and we have no prayer.
Rivers has won 4 playoffs games in his entire career, vs 5 losses.

Last edited by a moderator:
what?

If rivers had been drafted the same year as brady(rivers was drafted in 2004, brady in 2000) Rivers would have been drafted straight out of highschool, which is against the rules.

seriously what?

If rainbows were unicorns, i'd have 52 superbowl titles and a trillion dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back