PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION ****** Other NFL Games Thread Week 1 ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the ones who are most defensive of the non-call are the Bradyites. Your point?
I personally have a 50/50 view of Brady and the Bucs. I don't wish ill will toward Brady and Gronk, but I really kinda wanted them to lose this game to bring them down a peg. However, I don't like the Cowboys on principle and generally root against them, all other things being equal. So I wasn't really rooting for or against either team.

From that perspective, again, I would have been fine with a call but I personally wouldn't have thrown the flag. It wouldn't have been a terrible call, I just think the no call was correct. I'm not sure it's anything worth arguing over.

Let's see if the board can figure out what player recently said this. He said had Bill done a better job surrounding Tom with better players on offense, they would've won more Super Bowls.

Definitely would've at least gone to the SB in 2015, where they would've faced Cam Newton's Panthers;

2006 as well maybe, though other sh!t was happening during that game...would've beaten the Bears regardless;

2010 was also more self-inflicted than anything else, though having rookie Golden Tate certainly would've helped...don't think they beat the Packers in the SB, but they definitely should've at least gone there regardless;

Definitely 2011, because Tate would've taken a lot of the broken Twig's snaps by then;

Maybe 2012, because besides having Golden Tate we could've also had rookie Marvin Jones with the 5th-rounder Bill foolishly threw-away for OchoStinko;

And with better WRs we absolutely, positively at minimum secure a bye in 2019 by defeating either the Queefs at home on 12/8 (which we really should've done anyway) or the Doofins - also at home - on 12/29 (ditto)... Beyond that, who knows?

Last edited:
When I saw @MAC10 I knew something was off as the “Hall of Fame Poster” and joining in 2008 was the give away. It’s revealed it’s the artist formally known as “TommyBrady12”.

Curious, what's Andy Johnson new username?
The consensus is that it’s Ring6. I saw in another thread with Tony that he slightly admitted it.

The change is never explained though.

The consensus is that it’s Ring6. I saw in another thread with Tony that he slightly admitted it.

The change is never explained though.
His Andy Johnson persona became so toxic and ridiculed by everyone that he really had little choice but to change his name. Once he was immediately called out, he proceeded to deny it endlessly. It was comedy gold. He then confessed it was because he lost his password. LMAO.

Definitely would've at least gone to the SB in 2015, where they would've faced Cam Newton's Panthers;

2006 as well maybe, though other sh!t was happening during that game...would've beaten the Bears regardless;

2010 was also more self-inflicted than anything else, though having rookie Golden Tate certainly would've helped...don't think they beat the Packers in the SB, but they definitely should've at least gone there regardless;

Definitely 2011, because Tate would've taken a lot of the broken Twig's snaps by then;

Maybe 2012, because besides having Golden Tate we could've also had rookie Marvin Jones with the 5th-rounder Bill foolishly threw-away for OchoStinko;

And with better WRs we absolutely, positively at minimum secure a bye in 2019 by defeating either the Queefs at home on 12/8 (which we really should've done anyway) or the Doofins - also at home - on 12/29 (ditto)... Beyond that, who knows?
I’ll just go by years which going into explanation could be a novel.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019. I left 2008 off due to injury.
His Andy Johnson persona became so toxic and ridiculed by everyone that he really had little choice but to change his name. Once he was immediately called out, he proceeded to deny it endlessly. It was comedy gold. He then confessed it was because he lost his password. LMAO.
My favorite Andy moment was when he quoted himself mistakenly and argued his own post.

OchoStinko

Hahahahaha

It’s definitely a fact. You can tell by the way his head snapped back after the so-called “push.” You see this happen in the NBA all the time.

That’s a nice straw man argument you’ve got going for yourself there.

No, he most clearly wasn’t in position to make a play on the ball. The only way he would have been in a position to make a play on the ball is either…

A) By playing off coverage instead of press and, thus, having the ability to drive on the ball.

B) By taking outside leverage against Godwin if he’s in press (assuming the ball still goes to the outside).

He had neither going for him and was in a backpedal by the time Godwin turned for the ball. He’d have to have defied the laws of physics to have a chance of making a play on the ball. Want to know how you should be able to tell he didn’t have a chance on the ball? Because you can’t tell me how that would have been possible. You just keep saying, “he had a chance,” with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Sure… if the contact by itself is enough to drive the defender to the ground. In this case, the DB had to visibly flop because it wasn’t and an OPI call was his only shot on the play

Uhhh… they’re not. Refs blow DPI and OPI calls all the time. It happens every single game.

This leads me to believe that you’re probably blind, then. Either that, or the dude you hired a few weeks back in assless chaps and S&M gear to choke you gouged your eyes out before he stole everything out of your wallet.

Usually, it’s when the arm fully extends in a way that obviously knocks the DB to the ground without the DB having to flop in order to sell it. You’ve been watching football for… how long… now, and you don’t this?

Is there a planet or some sort of alternate dimension in which this statement makes a lick of sense?

It is such a definite fact that defender flopped that even though it is one of the most talked about play in country right now and I have yet to hear one person argue that Lewis flopped outside of this board and the one article you posted. And even the article you posted claimed he was losing his balance after the contact with Godwin and just sold that he was falling over.

Besides, DBs don't usually flop ever. It would stupid for them to do it. If Lewis flopped as you said, what stops Godwin from running the ball into the end zone and basically winning the game with a TD (which would be the safer way to win because even though the Cowboys would have gotten the ball back with about a minute left, they would have needed to score a TD and the Bucs wouldn't have to worry about the kicker missing the FG) or at least picking up 5-10 more yards just to make the FG more guaranteed. There was no other defender between Godwin and the end zone.

And Lewis was on Godwin's hip pocket until Godwin made contact with him making him fall over) So of course if he didn't get knocked over he could have made a play on the ball and gotten a hand in to break it up. And no one is arguing that he couldn't. The only argument outside this board I have seen is whether Godwin pushed off enough for OPI.

It seems pretty clear to me and others that he did push off and extend the arm. I don't think it was egregious since he didn't fully extend the arm and I think Lewis probably would have gone to the ground with just the contact. He away with an OPI. I have seen far worse OPI infractions not been called.

Last edited:
It is such a definite fact that defender flopped that even though it is one of the most talked about play in country right now and I have yet to hear one person argue that Lewis flopped outside of this board and the one article you posted.

Besides, DBs don't usually flop ever. It would stupid for them to do it. If Lewis flopped as you said, what stops Godwin from running the ball into the end zone and basically winning the game with a TD (which would be the safer way to win because even though the Cowboys would have gotten the ball back with about a minute left, they would have needed to score a TD and the Bucs wouldn't have to worry about the kicker missing the FG) or at least picking up 5-10 more yards just to make the FG more guaranteed. There was no other defender between Godwin and the end zone.

And Lewis was on Godwin's hip pocket until Godwin made contact with him making him fall over) So of course if he didn't get knocked over he could have made a play on the ball and gotten a hand in to break it up. And no one is arguing that he couldn't. The only argument outside this board I have seen is whether Godwin pushed off enough for OPI.

It seems pretty clear to me and others that he did push off and extend the arm. I don't think it was egregious since he didn't fully extend the arm and I think Lewis probably would have gone to the ground with just the contact. He away with an OPI. I have seen far worse OPI infractions not been called.
Maybe, but is Brady still not a top 5 QB?

Fair point. Mine was primarily that the 1970’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’ metric can’t really be used because it doesn’t apply anymore.

In the 70s teams used to get **** faced on their bus, do a bunch of cocaine, and eat at Wafflehouse every day.

Tom Brady has taken it to the extreme so he’ll likely be an extreme scenario, but you’re going to start seeing a LOT of quarterbacks outplay the quarterbacks of old at higher ages going forward.

I have been saying for a while now that there is a QB in the NFL right now who will play into his late 40s. Could be Brady, but by the time the young guys who have come into the league the last few years hit their 40s, medicine, nutrition, and training will likely be so far more advanced that it may not be crazy to see someone go into their 50s.

Maybe, but is Brady still not a top 5 QB?

Now are you stealing Kontradictions jokes. If he plays like he did Thursday this year, he will be one or two. He was just way too inconsistent last year to be top five last year. Why is that so controversial. He clearly wasn't as good as Mahomes, Rodgers, or Allen for sure. So at best he could be was fourth even by Brady biased standards. And you could make cases for Wilson and Watson being better.

I have been saying for a while now that there is a QB in the NFL right now who will play into his late 40s. Could be Brady, but by the time the young guys who have come into the league the last few years hit their 40s, medicine, nutrition, and training will likely be so far more advanced that it may not be crazy to see someone go into their 50s.
Lot of QB's have started the same time as Brady and even a few years after and none of them are still playing. Its not even the physical part, its the mental part. Some just do not want to play that long, in fact most dont.

Now are you stealing Kontradictions jokes. If he plays like he did Thursday this year, he will be one or two. He was just way too inconsistent last year to be top five last year. Why is that so controversial. He clearly wasn't as good as Mahomes, Rodgers, or Allen for sure. So at best he could be was fourth even by Brady biased standards.
Man, where are we when 40 td's 4600 yards and a 102 Qb rating is considered inconsistent. Allen had 4500 yards and 37 td's and he was the most amazing feat ever by a QB. Mahomes had 4700 yards 38 td's and he was the miracle that keeps on giving. Brady though? Inconsistent. I would say since he went to a brand new team with no offseason and those guys all were on their same team, that Brady was even better, and in the end, that was proven.

Now are you stealing Kontradictions jokes. If he plays like he did Thursday this year, he will be one or two. He was just way too inconsistent last year to be top five last year. Why is that so controversial. He clearly wasn't as good as Mahomes, Rodgers, or Allen for sure. So at best he could be was fourth even by Brady biased standards. And you could make cases for Wilson and Watson.
Lol

His peers voted him as #3 best QB, so he's got that going for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST