OT: Steeler's linebacker is a PIMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
STEELERS CUT ALLEGED PIMP

The Steelers on Thursday cut linebacker Richard Seigler. The move came after the team caught wind that there was a warrant out for Seigler's arrest.

On charges that he is a pimp.

Seriously.

Per CBS 8 in Las Vegas, Seigler faces three felony counts, including pandering and living off of the earnings of a prostitute.

Judging by the flood of e-mails we have received urging us to remove the Steelers' three points in Turd Watch as a result of the recent decision by authorities to drop assault charges that had been filed against cornerback Deshea Townsend, we're likely to get even more once we apply 18 more points to the franchise for Seigler's alleged transgressions.

Steelers fans will argue that, because the team cut Seigler before he was actually arrested, the points shouldn't count. But it appears that he was dropped only after the team learned that a warrant had been issued, and that it was simply a matter of timing that he was released before he was taken into custody.

So it's 18 points to the Steelers. Final decision.

And thanks to JJ Cooper of AOL's FanHouse for tipping us off to this one.
http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/05/10/steelers-cut-linebacker-after-hes-charged-with-being-a-pimp/

This is just CRAZY. This is the last thing that I would expect an NFL player to be accused of.

Well at least he didnt get caught prostituting himself :D

I knew he was...^^^^

Anyways, now he can go fulltime into his pimp daddy profession.

Roger book an appointment with this guy!!! The Steelers were wise to cut the ties to this guy quick..

my guess is that what we're seing in this guy, Pacman, et al., is the tip of the iceberg and explains why the new commissioner is making stopping it his number one mission. it's a slippery slope to a devalued product for the nfl once people start to identify the league with dog fighting, strip clubs, gun episodes and now...pimps.

Last edited:
my guess is that what we're seing in this guy, Pacman, et al., is the tip of the iceberg and explains why the new commissioner is making stopping it his number one mission. it's a slippery slope to a devalued product for the nfl once people start to identify the league with dog fighting, strip clubs, gun episodes and now...pimps.

What does that sound like the plot of a bad movie about the inner city

I wonder if the Steelers are going to get in trouble because according to the CBA you are not allowed to cut a player because of legal trouble which it seems they did.

Hey, it's hard out there for a pimp.

Not to mention, pimpin' ain't easy.

It's like an entire subculture is emerging,one which Goodell is wisely addressing.Despite being sick of reading about these incidents, getting them out in the open will hopefully benefit the league in the long run.

What does that sound like the plot of a bad movie about the inner city

Because the NFL hired Carl Hiassen as a special consultant for off-field dramedy?

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore