Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Lakers

Votes: 67 59.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
For whom?

Gah. I messed this up completely.

It was the Suns trading with SA for Leonard, and then LeBron /joining/ Leonard in Phoenix. Which I'm sure is all nonsense as I'm sure all the current rumors are.

But this is the one I was /trying/ to report.

Gah. I messed this up completely.

It was the Suns trading with SA for Leonard, and then LeBron /joining/ Leonard in Phoenix. Which I'm sure is all nonsense as I'm sure all the current rumors are.

But this is the one I was /trying/ to report.
No problem...but since you brought it up...if I'm SA, I might give that offer some actual thought.

For whom?
Not necessarily in exchange for the top pick, but they’re reportedly dangling Love and the 8th pick in the draft in an attempt to bring an impact player to the team. Larry Nance Jr has been another name that’s been mentioned.

One things for sure: he’ll have not one, not two, not three (suitors)...

As long as it isn't us, I'll be happy.
th_coffee.gif

Yeah, who needs the best player in basketball?

01 ~ Evidently, you haven't heard: There is such a thing as a Salary Cap.
laughspin.gif
So if we take on Lebron James, that means that we necessarily gut our young, incredibly talented, and rapidly improving Roster to acquire James's Sunset Years. Great idea. :rolleyes:

02 ~ Kyrie Irving is a Celtic because he didn't want to play with Lebron. You don't think that acquiring James might disrupt, or ~ here's a word ~ destroy our locker room??
spock.gif

03 ~ Even someone like myself, who understands BasketBall about 1/100th as much as I do FootBall ~ although that evidently still places me about 100x over your rudimentary grasp
icon_lol.gif
~ can see that the Celtics are comprised of 12 guys who make each other far, far better, thanks to our having The Bill Belichick of BasketBall Coaches in the magnificent Brad Stevens...And this team is pretty clearly ascending at a 45 degree angle and gaining speed...Yet you want to blow up all that synergy and all that momentum ~ and trade away God only knows what Core Players ~ in order to bring in a guy who pretty much tore the crap out'f Kevin Love's career and drove Kyrie Irving away? o_O James may be a Point Guard, but, bless his soul, does not make those around'm better. Incredibly, he actually makes them worse. :eek:

04 ~ Evidently, you've missed the fact that the curtain is closed on CleveLand's dominance of the East, regardless of where Lebron goes. I'm here to say that it's about to become our Conference, again, yes, even if Lebron goes to Philly, and could remain so for a very long time. We need to keep on building and developing this team the way Ainge and Stevens have been, not destroy it to bring in an aging SuperStar Prima Donna. :)

Last edited:
As long as it isn't us, I'll be happy.
th_coffee.gif

It's sad too because you know all these people will change their tune if he signs with us and the whole basketball world revolves around the Celtics again and we know all year we are heading to the Finals.

What's sad is that I don't need to raise my game above Psychology 101 to defenestrate your pathetic post: it's called "projection". Only someone without any guts or integrity at all would assume that others lack these things.
spock.gif
James is not Satan, and should we, may God forbid it, acquire'm, obviously he'd have my support as a member of our team...But that's hardly equivalent to my changing my mind about getting'm in the first place. :rolleyes:

And we're very likely about to dominate the conference without him.
th_coffee.gif

Last edited:
No problem...but since you brought it up...if I'm SA, I might give that offer some actual thought.

If I’m Phoenix I pretty much doubt that they could land lebron. And trading for Kawhi with a year left on his deal before bolting for LA I would have a hard time dealing the #1 pick. Ayton booker and josh Jackson would be a good start towards a rebuild.

And we're very likely about to dominate the conference without him.
th_coffee.gif

Congrats on being the early 2000s Nets, I guess.

Not sure where you got "going to routinely lose in the Finals" from "likely about to dominate the conference", as I expect us to win multiple Championships.
spock.gif

Last edited:
Not worth a new thread, so who lands Kawhi Leonard?

One thing that has me worried:
There is a bunch of interesting stuff in Fischer’s piece, including San Antonio’s preference for Boston’s Jayson Tatum as the returning piece in any Leonard trade, the belief “in league circles” that the Celtics are “more likely” to include Kyrie Irving in a Leonard swap, as well as the suggestion that, while Leonard’s camp would prefer a move to Los Angeles, they will consider other major markets as destinations.
Ya never know with Danny...

Not worth a new thread, so who lands Kawhi Leonard?

One thing that has me worried:

Ya never know with Danny...

True but every indication I've seen is that DA loooves Tatum, I think they're floored with how good he is already

I don’t think anyone in their right mind would trade Tatum for Leonard straight up. Heck I even have second thoughts about giving up jaylen brown unless Leonard’s signing long term.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind would trade Tatum for Leonard straight up. Heck I even have second thoughts about giving up jaylen brown unless Leonard’s signing long term.
One thing that I find strange in NBA talk is how little is being made of the economic value of having young talent like Tatum and Brown on rookie contracts. I understand Kawhi is a top-5 talent, but he'd be coming with an injury history and only one year of control and is going to want max money to stay. Both Tatum and Brown are young, healthy, on cheap multi-year contracts, and have yet to reach full potential.

Then you add in the idea that Kawhi looks to have quit on his current team and trading for him is a hard sell, IMHO. Yet we know the Celtics have made some sort of offer. That's disturbing to me.

If we presume the offer would be Kawhi for Kyrie and one of the young talents, it makes so little sense. Kyrie was great on and off the court before his injury, and looks to be healthy now, and trading him could very well mess up the team chemistry and make other veterans not want to come to Boston.

I'm perfectly happy to roll with Tatum, Brown, Kyrie, Heyword, Horford and whomever else is on the team at the start of the season. Not sure how Kyrie + one of Tatum/Brown for Kawhi makes for a better team.

Last edited:
He’s a weasel. He’ll sign with whatever team gives him the best opportunity to win 3 more titles so he can tie MJ and say he’s the GOAT. I voted warriors.

One thing that I find strange in NBA talk is how little is being made of the economic value of having young talent like Tatum and Brown on rookie contracts. I understand Kawhi is a top-5 talent, but he'd be coming with an injury history and only one year of control and is going to want max money to stay. Both Tatum and Brown are young, healthy, on cheap multi-year contracts, and have yet to reach full potential. Then you add in the idea that Kawhi looks to have quit on his current team and trading for him is a hard sell, IMHO. Yet we know the Celtics have made some sort of offer. That's disturbing to me. Then if we presume the offer would be Kawhi for Kyrie and one of the young talents and it makes so little sense. Kyrie was great on and off the court before his injury, and looks to be healthy now, and trading him could very well mess up the team chemistry and make other veterans not want to come to Boston just to get traded somewhere else.

I don’t want to give up the farm for Leonard either. I was dissapointed how brown played in game 7 but he did have a good sophomore year. I expect him to be better this coming year.

Last edited:
He’s a weasel. He’ll sign with whatever team gives him the best opportunity to win 3 more titles so he can tie MJ and say he’s the GOAT. I voted warriors.

They said he contacted Durant. They said it was lie but i wouldn’t put it pass lebroni James to do that.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back