PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NBA Draft - Trades - Free Agents

Having Kemba would be fun. With an OK big maybe we could even make it to the ECF and lose. If you're happy with that and a rebuild a few years down the road, bring him aboard.

Actually, right now the Cs have one of the more complete rosters in the EC out of last years contenders

I think you can sign as many guys for the minimum as you want.....another factor here is that basically, there is no FA market next year unless you want Lowry or ibaka or crap like that.

I’m ok with doing the Steven Adams thing and bringing back Rozier ....I’m not too worried, I think this team will be fun to watch
Yeah I'm torn and not sure what helps more but I am inclined to think Kemba Walker
helps more which pains me because Adams is one of my favorite NBA players.

...and MJ aint paying that

I was listening to Bill Simmon's podcast today with Mark Stein, and he pointed out if they give Kemba the Supermax in Charlotte it would be crazy because they would be deep into paying the luxury tax with a team that has no realistic chance at a championship. He had a point.

He and Mark Stein also seem to think that after the chemistry-gone-bad-experiment with the Flat Earther / Drama Queen (my name for Irving, not their's) they are looking for high character guys like Kemba.

I would probably prefer Adams to inject a little toughness (especially mental) in addition to the high character he shares with Kemba to try to head off any corrupting influences that the Drama Queen had on the promising Celtic kids. However, maybe Kemba wouldn't be so bad as an alternative.

I was listening to Bill Simmon's podcast today with Mark Stein, and he pointed out if they give Kemba the Supermax in Charlotte it would be crazy because they would be deep into paying the luxury tax with a team that has no realistic chance at a championship. He had a point.

He and Mark Stein also seem to think that after the chemistry-gone-bad-experiment with the Flat Earther / Drama Queen (my name for Irving, not their's) they are looking for high character guys like Kemba.

I would probably prefer Adams to inject a little toughness (especially mental) in addition to the high character he shares with Kemba to try to head off any corrupting influences that the Drama Queen had on the promising Celtic kids. However, maybe Kemba wouldn't be so bad as an alternative.
The only things that bothers me regarding Kemba is his age and concern about ball distribution .

Not in the front court though.

Not at the 5 but.....nobody else has any wings to speak of

Right now, the sixers only have embiid and simmons.... bucks have no Middleton, lopez, brogdon, miriotic, Bledsoe....raptors have no gasol, green, Leonard.

The only things that bothers me regarding Kemba is his age and concern about ball distribution .

He’s been carrying the load for a long time....prob wouldn’t mind distributing.....but I hear the age....the Cs went pretty far with Rozier ..... getting a good big is still prob a better bet...even better would be a Capela(16M) and Gordon(14M) package for some draft picks and use the mid level exception for De’Andre Jordan or Faried and get the season started

Primary rotation
Capela
Jordan / Faried
Hayward
Tatum

Brown
Smart
Gordon

Add in:
Time Lord
Langford
Gwilliams
Edwards

Good team

Last edited:
I’m so tired of hearing the media predict where FA’s are going. Enough with the “my sources are telling me he’s going to sign with .....” and “there’s no chance he goes there”.

As Charles Barkley had said, the are media making stuff up. They don’t know what any of these players are doing.

I’m so tired of hearing the media predict where FA’s are going. Enough with the “my sources are telling me he’s going to sign with .....” and “there’s no chance he goes there”.

As Charles Barkley had said, the are media making stuff up. They don’t know what any of these players are doing.

Perhaps reading and posting in a thread about free agents and trades is not the thing for you, then, particularly in the days leading up to free agency, when no signings are possible but rumors abound.

Still, I am here eating it all up....July 1 can't get here fast enough.......training camp as well!

I loathed the stories that Kyrie hated living in Boston seemingly keeping alive the perception that Boston is still a non friendly place for African-Americans.

I loathed the stories that Kyrie hated living in Boston seemingly keeping alive the perception that Boston is still a non friendly place for African-Americans.

only to those who try to cast the blame for their preferences on someone else........Irving is not going to be happy anywhere

would you rather talk about the sox bullpen?

At a minimum, Charlotte will offer Walker max dollars $35 mill x 4 yrs which is the best any nonCharlotte team can offer.
Without Walker, Charlotte has nothing.
Walker has stated his priority is Charlotte and he would would consider less than super max.

Celts fans should break out the rosary beads and pray for a miracle ....or 2 asteroids.... one leveling Charlotte, the other Dallas.

The fact that Irving had racially-based issues living in BOS didn't cross my mind. IMO that was not, or one of the reason(s)

NBA math.....

Shed 4 salaries (Flat Earther, Max Al, Aussie Sniper, the Twin) totaling $58 mill

End up with $34 mill in cap space

NBA math.....

Shed 4 salaries (Flat Earther, Max Al, Aussie Sniper, the Twin) totaling $58 mill

End up with $34 mill in cap space

that's because we were over the cap

Ass-ociation salary cap = (unintelligible)Crap.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back