PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eagles trade up 2 #2 in the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good move by Cleveland to add picks and get past the QB controversy. RG III is a terrific player who took the Redskins to the playoffs, and seems to understand what's necessary.

The Browns can fill some holes with the picks they have this year, and get to look forward to having two early #1s in 2017. Good luck to them. It would be nice to see the Browns become a pain in the ass to the Bengals, the Ravens, and the Steelers.

The Eagles? Whatever. If they draft Wentz or Goff, they should be talking about a competition in camp, not guaranteeing Bradford the job. He's already proven to be a mediocre QB who throws too many interceptions. Hoyer and Fitzpatrick take better care of the football.

The Eagles' #1 draft pick will be the starter by week 8.

Bradford is a dead man walking in Philly.

Those fans will be rioting for the draft pick to start first sign of trouble.

In order to understand the pts better I have chosen to give the Browns 4th rounder as the middle pick 16th in that round.

Browns give up

2 = 2600
112 = 70

8 = 1400
77 = 205
100 = 100

Taking the pts above we can attain the value of the 2017 1st and 2018 2nd round picks should they be in the coming draft.

Therefore
Browns 2670 minus Eagles 1705 = 965

Even if you say the 2016 4th rounder was the best in that round that the Browns give up the Browns would give up only another 42pts.. meaning the difference for the 1st and 2nd rounder would come to 923.

In comparison, the Titans got 908pts in future trade picks which were a 1st and a 3rd but in the same year.

Draft Trade Chart | ProFootballTalk

Thats the kind of trade that can turn a losing team into a recurrent playoff participant within two seasons. Too bad its the browns

The bizarre personnel management in Philly continues after the departure of Chip Kelly.

@nfldraftscout
"Cleveland isn't done trading" - rival GM. Thinks the Browns will try and package picks for more picks upon more picks

If the new Browns analytics FO values volume, I hope we try to trade with them. We might be able to pull off a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 6th to move up all the way to 32, even though trade value chart wise it doesn't quite work.

could be our day 2 picks
Why in the world would we do that?

They probably hit on a higher percentage of these picks than other teams (over half were above-average players; only about 1 in 5 were busts), but they're also not really an outlier. They also probably hit on a lower percentage of second and third round picks than most teams:
Yeah, but most teams aren't in the bottom quarter of the draft every year for the last fifteen years because they keep winning their division, their conference or the super bowl.

I still don't see why so many people say 'first round' as if there is no difference between picking #1 versus #32.

Seems like a shoo-in for the next opening at Philly's equivalent of WFAN.

Bradford is a dead man walking in Philly.

Those fans will be rioting for the draft pick to start first sign of trouble.
Think of how many careers that guy has damaged without doing squat.

Drafted #1 in the last draft with big rookie contracts, guaranteeing the Rams would be tight on salaries for years to come.

Philly gives up their #2 to get him so they have no #2 to offer TEN to get this years#1, which means TEN takes the Rams #1 at 15 rather than Philly's #1 at 8, which means TEN isn't getting as much value as they might have otherwise.

Philly ends up with pick 2 instead of pick 1 so they won't get their choice, all because they have no second rounder to offer.

None of this is directly Bradford's fault, but man, he's the kiss of death for any NFL personnel managers.

Thats the kind of trade that can turn a losing team into a recurrent playoff participant within two seasons. Too bad its the browns
The browns have already fouled up their off season by not finding any way to keep the few good picks they had on their roster this off season. It's gonna be a long, long road for them, IMHO. RGIII is one bad slide away from being carried off the field, and then who will they put on the field?

So philly will have Bradford Daniels and a rookie qb.

That is a lot of cheese to spend on qb's, assuming Bradford stays.

Yeah, but most teams aren't in the bottom quarter of the draft every year for the last fifteen years because they keep winning their division, their conference or the super bowl.

I still don't see why so many people say 'first round' as if there is no difference between picking #1 versus #32.

There isn't that big a difference. That's kind of the point. It's a crapshoot.

On one hand, I agree, they're more like lottery tickets than money in the bank.

On the other hand, I disagree, those lottery tickets in the top quarter of the round come with a lot better odds than the ones in the bottom quarter of the round.

I'm not really in favor of trading that far up, but there is a big difference between 60 and 32.

IIRC, the Giants traded two 1sts, a 3rd, and another pick to the Chargers to move up a few spots to #1 to take Eli Manning. I'm not saying either of these 2 QB's are Eli, but if one is, do you think either team (Rams or Eagles) will care that they made the deal? I don't.

That being said, I do love this deal for the Browns, and the previous deal for the Titans. It makes me wonder what BB would demand if he had the #1 or 2 pick in the draft.

apparently bradford is angry and wants to show everyone who the best QB is... wait, he just hurt himself talking to reporters and will miss 2-6 months.

The bizarre personnel management in Philly continues after the departure of Chip Kelly.
It was bizarre with Chip, it is bizarre after Chip. I'm willing to say the Eagles are angling to become the new Cleveland Browns as that franchise moves towards stability with analytics.

In any case, I'm glad the Eagles are a dumpster fire. A guy I know who is an absolute tool loves the Eagles and used to give me crap about the Pats. Now the Eagles are tanking and all is right in the world.

Roseman - Grigson - Baalke - Tannebaum.............. toss up to the biggest knucklehead GM in the NFL

If I'm the Browns, I offer Philly a second for Bradford on the condition he lowers his salary some.

I do not have a first round grade on any of the qb's in this draft.

I hope rams fans are patient. Eagles fans should be furious.

@nfldraftscout
"Cleveland isn't done trading" - rival GM. Thinks the Browns will try and package picks for more picks upon more picks

If the new Browns analytics FO values volume, I hope we try to trade with them. We might be able to pull off a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 6th to move up all the way to 32, even though trade value chart wise it doesn't quite work.

could be our day 2 picks

I think that puts the Browns in a good position to trade for Jimmy Garoppolo. I don't know what BB would take for him, maybe next's year's first and a third this year, ha!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents