PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Gameplan re: Bruschi Came True

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am thrilled BB didn't play Tedy tonight. As I mentioned last week, I didn't think they needed him tonight. The Jags seemed like a team we could handle without him. Yes, it was a calculated risk, but one that obviously paid off.

Of course, this is assuming that it was actually a choice and that Bru isn't actually hurt worse.

Give him this time to recuperate better and be closer to 100% for when they REALLY need him - next week and beyond.

Now, for the Perfect Storm to actually happen, we now could use a Pittsburgh win tomorrow.

I think that if the defense sputtered, Bru would have come in to help out. Otherwise they played it safe.

Wasnt your prediction, Bruschi wont play unless he is needed? If so, I think you nailed it.

STFarmy said:
I think that if the defense sputtered, Bru would have come in to help out. Otherwise they played it safe.

THis is exactly what I thought. I am so glad they didn't need him, more time to heal up for when we do.

good call - by you AND Belichick.

shmessy said:
I am thrilled BB didn't play Tedy tonight. As I mentioned last week, I didn't think they needed him tonight. The Jags seemed like a team we could handle without him. Yes, it was a calculated risk, but one that obviously paid off.

Of course, this is assuming that it was actually a choice and that Bru isn't actually hurt worse.

Give him this time to recuperate better and be closer to 100% for when they REALLY need him - next week and beyond.

Now, for the Perfect Storm to actually happen, we now could use a Pittsburgh win tomorrow.

Belichick was asked in a post game interview if Bruschi could have played. He shrugged and said "sure, he was dressed". That doesn't sound right. Maybe he said "sure, he was in uniform". In any case he said he could have played. So next week he starts, right?

Fanfrom1960 said:
Belichick was asked in a post game interview if Bruschi could have played. He shrugged and said "sure, he was dressed". That doesn't sound right. Maybe he said "sure, he was in uniform". In any case he said he could have played. So next week he starts, right?
He said dressed.

The fact that Tedy was running and cutting in front of the trainer before the game shows that he was close.

BelichickFan said:
He said dressed.

The fact that Tedy was running and cutting in front of the trainer before the game shows that he was close.
Oh, I'm glad to hear that. I didn't see the pregame show (or maybe it was only shown on the Boston stations?)

PromisedLand said:
Oh, I'm glad to hear that. I didn't see the pregame show (or maybe it was only shown on the Boston stations?)
Reiss had it in his pregame blog.

Let me go on record saying Bruschi, Brady, Dillon, McGinest, Seymour, Vinatieri and many others will not play next week unless needed. :D

AndyJohnson said:
Wasnt your prediction, Bruschi wont play unless he is needed? If so, I think you nailed it.

Yes it was. And I'm thrilled at what happened. Last night's game has several positive results here:

1) Tedy didn't have to play at 80%, thus risking further injury (i.e. Ty Law last year and Randall Gay this year).

2) I felt that the Pats didn't need him against the Jags. They didn't.

3) The Jags play the same run-offense system as the Broncos. Therefore, Shanahan still doesn't have any 2005 video of Bruschi playing against the Jag/Bronco run system

4) If Tedy was running and cutting out on the field pre-game, there is a chance he may be close to 100% next week.

5) How high do you Beisel and Brown's confidence is this morning after that excellent showing? How do you think Vrabel's confidence in Beisel is this morning?

Perfect storm.

Last edited:
Tedy was actually announced as part of the starting D in the stadium. We all went nuts. "Bruuuuuuuuuuu" ...and then, no Tedy. He was on the sidelines the first half, looked like he was trying to keep loose, but I didn't see him after halftime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News