PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mularkey complaining, says Pats cheated

Status
Not open for further replies.
no...only when it's the Patriots...because they taped signals and ran them back to the secret decoder room and then decoded them and then ran them back to the sideline and then used the cheatraphone in Brady's helmet to tell him exactly what defense the MLB was gonna call presnap...or..something and ..well..because ESPN said so...that's why!!!

hahaha..this is exactly what steve young and mark schlereth and all said in 2007 in so many words...hilarious.

Even if the Pats did call out a cadence, it's the smart thing to do in that situation. If the ref calls a penalty, the ball moves a half inch toward the goal line.

There's all kinds of gamesmanship throughout sports where players try to get away with stuff without the ref calling a penalty. Baseball players pretend to get hit with the ball, Steelers receivers pretend to be injured, basketball players flop, etc.

Shut up and play the game.

Spot on! STFU, play the game, and find your own methods to squeeze out some advantage. Teams practice playing in insanely loud venues and manage to snap the ball successfully without penalties. How to hold without getting called, how to PI without getting called, how to pick a defender, the QB using a head bounce in his cadence....etc etc etc. There is so much gamesmanship in so many areas that teams should be prepared for and operate effectively themselves, how can Mularkey EMBARRASS himself like this? But if he is going to do it, why stop there? He might as well go all in:

On the game ending interception: "Several Patriots players called Henne's mother a bad name. It's cheating!"

On losing the game: "The Patriots ran the ball too many times in a row. It's cheating!"

On not scoring the TD after the penalty: "The Patriots DL used a Svengali like chant prior to the snap and our OL was caught off guard. It's cheating!"

Someone please give Mularkey some cheese to go with that wine of his.

I hate playing these spoiler type teams. They either fold or play like it's the Super Bowl on steroids, looking for respect after crapping the bed all season.

Screw Mularkey's excuses and his too-little-too-late effort on the season.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a tough day for the Jags. I can see why Mularkey is crying. First off me, and about 30,000 other Pats fans were at the game, if it wasn't 50%-50% ratio of Pats fans to Jags fans, it was close. That is not good when your the home coach. Plus most of the Jags fans left after Chung's first int, so by the time the Jags jumped off-sides, it was easily a majority of Pats fans in the stadium and we were all screaming!!

I say chalk this "W" up to me and all the other Pats fans that braved the 60 degree temperatures!!!!

2-14 does not look good on your coaching resume, neither does having your tema jump off-sides because the other teams fans loaded up your stadium a few days before Christmas!! I think that is the root behind his complaints.

I say chalk this "W" up to me and all the other Pats fans that braved the 60 degree temperatures!!!!

Braved? :eek: That's nice & warm!

It's 41 here at the minute and that's the warmest its been in weeks :eek:

The player who jumped didn't blame the Patriots. Mularkey should have gotten his story straight before crying in the media.

I know, the player threw the entire fan bus under the bus with this statement:

"Potter moved well after the Patriots’ shift, but it is possible they were simulating the Jaguars snap count, forcing the tight end to move. Potter blamed crowd noise for him early movement. “It was really loud, which you don’t usually expect at home,” Potter told Mark Long of The Associated Press"

That is way too funny.

Braved? :eek: That's nice & warm!

It's 41 here at the minute and that's the warmest its been in weeks :eek:

Uh.... pretty sure that was sarcasm....

no...only when it's the Patriots...because they taped signals and ran them back to the secret decoder room and then decoded them and then ran them back to the sideline and then used the cheatraphone in Brady's helmet to tell him exactly what defense the MLB was gonna call presnap...or..something and ..well..because ESPN said so...that's why!!!

There is a group of people who, despite being high functioning in other areas of life, honestly believed this happened.

This is an odd criticism. First, why would you tell the Referee to watch for illegal cadences and not the Umpire, who has direct responsibility for those calls? Second, Henne said he heard the defense call cadences, which the often do, but did not say they were mimicking HIS cadences; they could have been defensive signals. Third, the umpire, back judge (who is closer to the line of scrimmage when the ball is near the goal line) and referee all failed to hear this illegal cadence.

The problem was Potter, not mimicking cadences.

Last edited:
The Jaguars might have more than 2 wins if Mularkey put more effort into coaching instead of conspiracy theories.

Boston sportswriters will launch a major expose series of articles on this topic and more around Feb 1st and Goodell will respond by summoning Belichick to his office in NYC for lengthy inquires.

I was at the game in Jacksonville. On the way back to the hotel after the game.I was listening to their post game show. One their offensive lineman was complaining saying all the Pats Fans at the game cheering made it hard for him to hear the snap count.

They got to blame someone for the loss might as well be us. Must be our fault they're 2-13.

AS far as Baltimore goes they clobbered the Giants today. Something we cannot seem to do.

Baltimore played alot more like a SB contender today than we did and they played a winning team.

I hear what you are saying but that's a dangerous game.

After all...

Patriots dominate Houston

next week

San Fran dominates Patriots

week after that

Seattle destroys San Fran

Does that mean that if Seattle were to play the Texans this week they would absolutely annhiliate them for the most lopsided score in NFL history?

So the Patriots did exactly what the Jaguars were told and shown they do during weekly preparations, and it still caused a mistake at one of, if not the most, critical moment of the game. Sounds like they need a new coach in JAX.

Does that mean that if Seattle were to play the Texans this week they would absolutely annhiliate them for the most lopsided score in NFL history?

As long as it's played in SEA, yes.

"After the events of the Patriots vs Jags game, it has come to my attention that the patriots were seen communicating on defense using words, this goes against the fair parity rule 9 section 3 paragraph b. which states that any team named New England patriots are only allowed to communicate using sign language and smoke signals.

As a result of this blasphemous cheating i am fining the patriots 2 million dollars, and taking 4 5th round picks starting in next years draft"

Roger goodell

I know, the player threw the entire fan bus under the bus with this statement:

"Potter moved well after the Patriots’ shift, but it is possible they were simulating the Jaguars snap count, forcing the tight end to move. Potter blamed crowd noise for him early movement. “It was really loud, which you don’t usually expect at home,” Potter told Mark Long of The Associated Press"

That is way too funny.

Exactly. I saw the shift and noted that the Jags did well to not jump. Then, well after the shift, a lineman jumps.

Not only does the coach complain about a legal shift that the Patriots employed (while wrongly calling it illegal), but the shift had nothing to do with the false start! He just got it all wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST