PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' Legal Team: Woman Victim of "Consensual Horseplay"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we not allowed to express our feelings?

Let's stop making topics about Indy fans booing the girl in the Pats jersey. Who cares if we approve of their behavior? How full of ourselves we must be, trying to tell them what's right/wrong.

Do you still not approve if he isn't married?

I mean is your position that once a man has children, he can only have sex with the mother of those children even if they are not (or no longer are) married? That is, he is forever foreclosed from having sex with anyone else in the world? That just seems like a pretty Puritanical position, which is not to say it's not a valid opinion.

Or is it just any sex out of wedlock that's the problem? That would be something that I think thousands of professional athletes do.

Seems like they were playing around, she hit something, she thought she was hurt, went to the hospital, well she wasn't really hurt, but hospital visits are expensive (especially when you don't have insurance). She calls Moss asking him to pay for the visit, Moss declines, she calls a lawyer not meaning to make a big deal out of she probably just wanted Moss to pay for the medical bill, but a LAWYER is not just going to hit a superstar athlete for medical money. He's going to hit him for as much as he can, convinces the young lady to make this into a BIG issue. Calls up Moss' lawyer to negotiate a settlement to a perceived wrong, Randy Moss considers this extortion, but an actuality is not really extortion, just the way Moss was feeling about what he thought a close "friend" did to him.

Well, sorry to obliterate your little fantasy, but when an attorney says that if you don't pay his client $500,000 he'll go to the media...it's extortion.

It's too bad you don't 'discuss' fairly well for anyone over that age.

So, not "approving" of behavior that may or may not have taken place is grownup. Check.

Relaying that a person's "approval" of said behavior doesn't mean a thing and really comes off sounding pretentious is immature. Check.

Jumping in and saying, "You're two years old!" is grownup. Check.

I think I've got it.

Are we not allowed to express our feelings?

Let's stop making topics about Indy fans booing the girl in the Pats jersey. Who cares if we approve of their behavior? How full of ourselves we must be, trying to tell them what's right/wrong.

Thank you. Also I'm not affected at all, being no one actually knows what happens and I was just commenting IF this had something to do with Moss cheating.

I hear you, but maybe they have an "open" relationship or something. The bottom line is that when it coems to cheating you just never know what the circumstances are or the characters involved unless you know them personally. I think I personally get a sort of self-righteous (not talking about you, because you are obviously reasonable) and sort of religious "busy-body" type feeling from people who judge others based on their private relationships. I see most of this from Colt fans who say Belichick is a scumbag who cheats on his wife, or that Brady has a child out of wedlock, none of which I think is inherently wrong unless you know the exact circumstances, and even then, unless your involved, you may not approve but I don't think it's a fan's place to judge someone on that.

Well, sorry to obliterate your little fantasy, but when an attorney says that if you don't pay his client $500,000 he'll go to the media...it's extortion.

Right -- the part that makes it extortion is if you ask for the money not just for your injuries, but also in exchange to keep you from doing something else. (E.g., filing a restraining order, going to the media, etc.) It's pretty clear she has no legitimate fear of serious injury from Moss, so the restraining order was a stunt. Hence, extortion.

I'm not going to blindly approve of any action just because the person happens to wear the Patriots logo on Sunday.

I will support Randy through this but I will not approve of these actions if true. Not even hinted at? What the hell else is supposed to be made out of "Consensual Horseplay" at a random females house. Please...

I have no clue what happened.
No argument from this end.

It's a theory not a fantasy, and maybe that's not how it was stated. Maybe they told him, it's better for you to just settle and make this go away, instead of letting this go public. Going to the media is hardly "extortion" , seems more like a bargaining position.

I agree with what you are saying. It is not negotiation, but I think the proper term is blackmail. Extortion is abuse of power/office/position.

If people want to discuss the morality of cheating, etc, maybe they could do it in another thread? Just so it's easier to find/discuss what Randy's lawyer has said.

It's a theory not a fantasy, and maybe that's not how it was stated. Maybe they told him, it's better for you to just settle and make this go away, instead of letting this go public.
If that's your theory, that's extortion.

In order to file the restraining order, she had to allege (and, in fact, did allege) that she was in reasonable fear of serious bodily injury from him such that the extraordinary remedy of an injunction was necessary.

She either legitimately believes she is in such danger or she doesn't. Whether he pays her money or not. The moment she suggests that a restraining order would not be filed if she got money, it was extortion. There is simply no theory on which you could allege what you need to allege to get a restraining order, yet at the same time think it's valid to ask for money NOT to allege it. Sorry. No dice.

It's a theory not a fantasy, and maybe that's not how it was stated. Maybe they told him, it's better for you to just settle and make this go away, instead of letting this go public. Going to the media is hardly "extortion" , seems more like a bargaining position.

Call me dictionary man today:

extort
Main Entry: ex·tort
Function: transitive verb
Etymology: Latin extortus, past participle of extorquēre to wrench out, extort, from ex- + torquēre to twist — more at torture
Date: 15th century
: to obtain from a person by force, intimidation, or undue or illegal power : wring; also : to gain especially by ingenuity or compelling argument

Saying "Pay me or I'll stir up bad publicity for you" is extortion--although it may nevertheless be legal in certain cases.

I agree with what you are saying. It is not negotiation, but I think the proper term is blackmail. Extortion is abuse of power/office/position.

That's not true. Demanding money by threat of instituting legal proceedings is within the legal definition of extortion. At least the federal defintion.

It's a theory not a fantasy, and maybe that's not how it was stated. Maybe they told him, it's better for you to just settle and make this go away, instead of letting this go public.
If that's your theory, that's extortion.

In order to file the restraining order, she had to allege (and, in fact, did allege) that she was in reasonable fear of serious bodily injury from him such that the extraordinary remedy of an injunction was necessary.

She either legitimately believes she is in such danger or she doesn't. Whether he pays her money or not. The moment she suggests that a restraining order would not be filed if she got money, it was extortion. There is simply no theory on which you could allege what you need to allege to get a restraining order, yet at the same time think it's valid to ask for money NOT to allege it. Sorry. No dice.

A restraining order was never talked about, Moss never said anything about that yesterday. The threat Moss stated was made, was them going public.

So, not "approving" of behavior that may or may not have taken place is grownup. Check.

Relaying that a person's "approval" of said behavior doesn't mean a thing and really comes off sounding pretentious is immature. Check.

Jumping in and saying, "You're two years old!" is grownup. Check.

I think I've got it.

You 'jump in' berating someone for stating that they don't approve of adultery. You are then complaining that I'm 'jumping in'.

Logic can be fun. You should try it.

Did anyone hit the link and hear the interview with Moss' Lawyer?

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...Radio&PCAST_TITLE=Dan_Barreiro_-_KFAN_AM_1130

According to the attorney, It was her FINGER! It was not even cut or fractured. Her attorney advised her to go to the hospital the next day and all they know is that the x-rays were negative. She ended up with a splint on her finger. This is the extent that Moss' side knows from the Rachelle Washington lawyer extortion attempt. She never even claimed that he hit her.

A restraining order was never talked about, Moss never said anything about that yesterday. The threat Moss stated was made, was them going public.

So your theory is that even if he had paid her, she would have filed the restraining order?

Deus Irae said:
Well, you're acting as if you're about 2 years old, so I'd say Disco is older than you. That's certainly the case on the maturity scale.

I beg to differ. His "Grow up, how old are you! 4th grade wants it logic back! Who cares what you think!" comments were dripping in fresh unadulterated maturity.

Do you still not approve if he isn't married?

If he is not in a committed relationship with the women of his 4 children nor leads her to believe they are, then him seeing other women is fine.

But again, I have no idea what actually happened, yet due to the immaturity of a few on this board, I've been having to discuss this as if he did have a sexual relation, which I would have no idea of knowing.

I see most of this from Colt fans who say Belichick is a scumbag who cheats on his wife, or that Brady has a child out of wedlock, none of which I think is inherently wrong unless you know the exact circumstances, and even then, unless your involved, you may not approve but I don't think it's a fan's place to judge someone on that.

I think it's the fact that I used the word approve that got a few people in hissy fits. Do not particularly condone, don't necessarily like? Whatever, I don't feel I really have to justify my first post.

Did anyone hit the link and hear the interview with Moss' Lawyer?

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18...Radio&PCAST_TITLE=Dan_Barreiro_-_KFAN_AM_1130

According to the attorney, It was her FINGER! It was not even cut or fractured. Her attorney advised her to go to the hospital the next day and all they know is that the x-rays were negative. She ended up with a splint on her finger. This is the extent that Moss' side knows from the Rachelle Washington lawyer extortion attempt. She never even claimed that he hit her.

Let's see finger=$500k? seems reasonable:rolleyes:

Randy isn't married to the mother of his childen, so he can do whatever he wants.

This whole thing is starting to sound like the dumbest story ever. Some chick got hurt screwing around and was looking for a pay day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST