PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Madden 2007 - Sorry for the geekiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, I created the 2007-2008 Pats On Wii Madden 2007.

I got Randy, Stallworth, Welker (whose 2007 rating is way too low), Adalius, Sammy Morris, Kyle Brady and I created Meriweather from scratch. I kept Seau on the team. Got rid of Corey.

Needless to say, even at the highest level of difficulty, the team kicks ass.

Moss catches EVERYTHING!

The only guys he wasn't as productive against was Champ Bailey and DeAngelo Hall.

Last edited:

I got Randy, Stallworth, Welker (whose 2007 rating is way too low), Adalius, Sammy Morris, Kyle Brady and I created Meriweather from scratch. I kept Seau on the team. Got rid of Corey.

Moss catches EVERYTHING!

The only guys he wasn't as productive against was Champ Bailey and DeAngelo Hall.

Moss got 173 yards and 3 TDs on 9 catches against Bailey ..lol and yes..its ALL MADDEN. only way to play the game

Beautiful

I'm new to Madden, how do you do this?

I'm new to Madden, how do you do this?

depends what system u have. for PS2 i go to features..roster and then trade some people around..adjust #s and equiptment (u can also do in once your in your franchise)

when i change equipment i always give them a clear or dark face shield..for DBs i give the half sleeves :)

Not to rain on anyones parade but the sim engine in Madden is about as accurate to real football as Mario Brothers is to plumbing.

Of course that doesn't mean that the Pat's offense won't be something special next year. :)

Here's what sucks about Madden 2008, lots of you maybe haven't thought about this. They could be so good that others won't let you use them when you play games, or at the very least only against the Colts, which even then won't be much of a matchup. They're going to be ******ed good in that game...they might have to overdo a spotty run defense to make up for what the offense is going to be like.

Moss got 173 yards and 3 TDs on 9 catches against Bailey ..lol and yes..its ALL MADDEN. only way to play the game

I think you can use these sliders.....these guys have fine tuned the game play too perfection. I think you can use them for the Wii as well.

The problem with All-Madden is the unrealistc speed boast the CPU gets.
Try these, you won't be disappointed. It's harder than All-Madden if you are using stock slider settings.

All-Pro Sliders

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149633&page=3

P.S Yea the Pats are dangerous now IN THE GAME. I even created Brandon Meriweather and used Ed Reeds attributes (just knocked a couple strenths down)

Last edited:
I think you can use these sliders.....these guys have fine tuned the game play too perfection. I think you can use them for the Wii as well.

The problem with All-Madden is the unrealistc speed boast the CPU gets.
Try these, you won't be disappointed. It's harder than All-Madden if you are using stock slider settings.

All-Pro Sliders

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149633&page=3

P.S Yea the Pats are dangerous now IN THE GAME. I even created Brandon Meriweather and used Ed Reeds attributes (just knocked a couple strenths down)

i dont blow the other team away..i make too many mistakes on defense and with Brady throwing picks. Stallworth gets shut down against top guys but Moss gets it done because i use a lot of play action deep and he just jumps over the cb :)

do the sliders make it more difficult or more realistic? cuz sometimes the way teams just do things or CBs magically fly up is getting annoying

Last edited:
do the sliders make it more difficult or more realistic?

Both, but more realistic than difficult. Actually, it's just as difficult, since you're turning down to All-Pro to keep the computer from doing ridiculous things.

Both, but more realistic than difficult. Actually, it's just as difficult, since you're turning down to All-Pro to keep the computer from doing ridiculous things.

i dont get what exactly im supposed to do..the website

am i gonna use Version 4?

what are things like:
XEhWvDy1

?

Codes for the computer/human AI.

Heck yeah. I put all the new guys on Madden and imported Meriweather from NCAA. I haven't gone through a season yet.

Moss catches EVERYTHING!

i have the real meriweather
and i got him months ago
totally forgot
i rented ncaa, and loaded the names on from a program i bought for forty bux
i also got in the draft:
pattrick willis in the fourth round, calvin johnson (had three first rders), jake long (i know stayed in school), earl everett, aaron rousse, dwayne bowe, leon hall
meriweather is nasty on special teams, but now that we got him im gonna put him in at starter (pat watkins is my starting fs, i had picked him up as a fa)

i dont get what exactly im supposed to do..the website

am i gonna use Version 4?

what are things like:
XEhWvDy1

?

Yes, use Version 4......it's the most updated one. But keep in mind these settings don't work for everyone. Depends on your skill level. When I first started using them.....I was getting killed. Now all my games are like 24 - 17 type games....and all the individual stats are right where they should be depending on the team you play.
Version 4 Sliders as of 12/20/06

All-Pro
13 min accel clock
Injuries 103 in game, 108 sim
Cone on
Subs 86out 91in
All penalties maxed

a few warnings for these sliders enclude this

1. do not use the highlight stick all the time or you will fumble no matter how good your back is. also remember to watch what side you are carrying on so the tackler doesn't get an easy hit ball side

2. step into all your throws. you will notice passes not getting alot of zip if you don't step into the passes well. also you will not get all day in the pocket unless you work the pocket well and roll out when you need to. also don't be afraid to check down and throw it short. i have andre johnson as a WR and he is a freak so when it is 1-on-1 then he is usually a good bet but some good corner will beat you and pick it still.

3. do not hit stick a lot. you must have good tackling and str to use hit sticks. most RBs will break your tackle on a hit stick even if you are a great tackler but WRs and smaller backs will be easier to blow up. find a RBs weekness and use this to tackle hit. if he is small with low str and bkt then hit sticks may work if he has low car then the strip ball may work well. always try to square up your shoulders before a hit so you wrap him up well.

4. use your defensive players style the best you can. if you have a bad CB don't leave him alone in coverage. if they have a fast WR then drop your corner back on him every play. if they have a 1 dementional offense then use the commit stick and commit to the pass or run but be carefull not to get burnt on PA.

5. use your offensive line to their strength. if they are quick and fast use alot of pulls and screens but also make sure you have a quick RB to complement this scheme too. if you have a big strong lineman then let him go straight at the D and run right behind him on dives. experiment to see what these players are good at.

6. stay in your spot on D. i have had many long runs happen because i saw the run and came up on it to fast. listen to some real players and hear then talk about gap control. stay in your spot or you WILL be the reason they get long plays sometimes.

7. learn to play different against some teams. we have the colts in our division so when we play them we stay back in coverage all day. sometimes i even drop back the whole secondary. i atleast drop back the CB on their top 2 WRs cause they are to dangerous deep. this will force Manning to check down, run short routes, or just throw perfect balls

XEhWvDy1
Human/CPU
QB Acc 7/12
Pass Block 0/11
WR Catch 11/11
RB Abil 6/15
Run Block 4/8

wWdbDJQ1
Awareness 5/20 cpu awareness maxed
Knockdown 5/20
Intercep 0/12
Break Block 4/6
Tackling 4/6

wRUv0ra2
FG Length 9/9
FG Acc 0/0
Punt Length 6/12
Punt Acc 0/10
Kickoff 11/11

i would also like to add a few franchise rules we use to limit ourselves.

1. every player of ours that is on the management list at the end of the year must be cut. they can be resigned later in free agency but must be treated as if they want to test free agency at least.

2. During Free Agency periods you must always sim the first day and can't make any offers on that day. from then on you can only make offers to 1 player each day. i was even thinking about making it only one offer per day. this way it makes it harder to sign players you want.

3. only rookies can have their position changed unless a player plays at a certain position on the depth chart for a whole year. any rookie can be changed at any time. i will give an example of the second part. you play a LT at RT on the depth chart for a whole year then the next offseason he can have his position changed officially through the roster screen.

4. we have started not using the kickoff left when we are kicking. we also started a new rotation for kickoff returns by starting right and then middle and then left. we were having almost to much success to the left so we decided to force ourselfves to do this

5. now we are not sprinting until the ball is caught by the cpu on punt returns. we almost always got to the returner before he caught it forcing him to never return in and call a fair catch. by not sprinting until he catches the ball they get a chance to make some moves and is much more dangerous.

these sliders have been treating us great and making every game a nail biter. i really feel that offense is finally a challenge. the whole name of the game now is winning the turnover battle and trying to guess what they are doing with your play calling.

there is really no way to express how much i am liking these sliders.

Last edited:
Yes, use Version 4......it's the most updated one. But keep in mind these settings don't work for everyone. Depends on your skill level. When I first started using them.....I was getting killed. Now all my games are like 24 - 17 type games....and all the individual stats are right where they should be depending on the team you play.
Version 4 Sliders as of 12/20/06

All-Pro
13 min accel clock
Injuries 103 in game, 108 sim
Cone on
Subs 86out 91in
All penalties maxed

a few warnings for these sliders enclude this

1. do not use the highlight stick all the time or you will fumble no matter how good your back is. also remember to watch what side you are carrying on so the tackler doesn't get an easy hit ball side

2. step into all your throws. you will notice passes not getting alot of zip if you don't step into the passes well. also you will not get all day in the pocket unless you work the pocket well and roll out when you need to. also don't be afraid to check down and throw it short. i have andre johnson as a WR and he is a freak so when it is 1-on-1 then he is usually a good bet but some good corner will beat you and pick it still.

3. do not hit stick a lot. you must have good tackling and str to use hit sticks. most RBs will break your tackle on a hit stick even if you are a great tackler but WRs and smaller backs will be easier to blow up. find a RBs weekness and use this to tackle hit. if he is small with low str and bkt then hit sticks may work if he has low car then the strip ball may work well. always try to square up your shoulders before a hit so you wrap him up well.

4. use your defensive players style the best you can. if you have a bad CB don't leave him alone in coverage. if they have a fast WR then drop your corner back on him every play. if they have a 1 dementional offense then use the commit stick and commit to the pass or run but be carefull not to get burnt on PA.

5. use your offensive line to their strength. if they are quick and fast use alot of pulls and screens but also make sure you have a quick RB to complement this scheme too. if you have a big strong lineman then let him go straight at the D and run right behind him on dives. experiment to see what these players are good at.

6. stay in your spot on D. i have had many long runs happen because i saw the run and came up on it to fast. listen to some real players and hear then talk about gap control. stay in your spot or you WILL be the reason they get long plays sometimes.

7. learn to play different against some teams. we have the colts in our division so when we play them we stay back in coverage all day. sometimes i even drop back the whole secondary. i atleast drop back the CB on their top 2 WRs cause they are to dangerous deep. this will force Manning to check down, run short routes, or just throw perfect balls

XEhWvDy1
Human/CPU
QB Acc 7/12
Pass Block 0/11
WR Catch 11/11
RB Abil 6/15
Run Block 4/8

wWdbDJQ1
Awareness 5/20 cpu awareness maxed
Knockdown 5/20
Intercep 0/12
Break Block 4/6
Tackling 4/6

wRUv0ra2
FG Length 9/9
FG Acc 0/0
Punt Length 6/12
Punt Acc 0/10
Kickoff 11/11

i would also like to add a few franchise rules we use to limit ourselves.

1. every player of ours that is on the management list at the end of the year must be cut. they can be resigned later in free agency but must be treated as if they want to test free agency at least.

2. During Free Agency periods you must always sim the first day and can't make any offers on that day. from then on you can only make offers to 1 player each day. i was even thinking about making it only one offer per day. this way it makes it harder to sign players you want.

3. only rookies can have their position changed unless a player plays at a certain position on the depth chart for a whole year. any rookie can be changed at any time. i will give an example of the second part. you play a LT at RT on the depth chart for a whole year then the next offseason he can have his position changed officially through the roster screen.

4. we have started not using the kickoff left when we are kicking. we also started a new rotation for kickoff returns by starting right and then middle and then left. we were having almost to much success to the left so we decided to force ourselfves to do this

5. now we are not sprinting until the ball is caught by the cpu on punt returns. we almost always got to the returner before he caught it forcing him to never return in and call a fair catch. by not sprinting until he catches the ball they get a chance to make some moves and is much more dangerous.

these sliders have been treating us great and making every game a nail biter. i really feel that offense is finally a challenge. the whole name of the game now is winning the turnover battle and trying to guess what they are doing with your play calling.

there is really no way to express how much i am liking these sliders.

Wow, some people have too much time on there hands. I enjoy the occasional Madden game, but Yikes!!

Wow, some people have too much time on there hands. I enjoy the occasional Madden game, but Yikes!!

Those sliders aren't from me....I got them from another site. I just copy and pasted. I get in a few games a week, when I have some free time.

But when I do play I want the most realistic game possible.....and these sliders give me just that

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes