PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that post requires a second affirmation....

images

I understand why he did and believe he does feel guilty and ashamed, but I thought hiding behind his late wife was a bit unseemly.

Yep, that was my feeling as well.

Please show me how I am wrong to say I do not know if federal authorities are involved in this case, and that I don’t accept TMZ saying they heard they weren’t as proof that “the feds REFUSED to get involved”.
I will readily admit I am wrong if you can show me why it is wrong to say I don’t know and require a better source than “TMZ says” to convince me.

Not sure what Venezuela has to do with this, is it wrong to say I don’t know there?

Ok, the reason is simple. You are not correct in assuming guilt. That’s one. Two. You are on board with law enforcement breaking laws. That, my freind, is an oxymoron. Your better than this bro. How can you be such a communist? You actually believe that no rights should be afforded to anyone because of a tape? Lmao

Whatever

Ok, the reason is simple. You are not correct in assuming guilt. That’s one. Two. You are on board with law enforcement breaking laws. That, my freind, is an oxymoron. Your better than this bro. How can you be such a communist? You actually believe that no rights should be afforded to anyone because of a tape? Lmao

Whatever

One: Andy is always right.
Two: See one

The Senior Swinger apologies in a tightly krafted (see what I did here) statement without giving the prosecution what they want: A public admission that the prosecution has a winning case.

Not so coincidently, hours earlier, Kraft's lead assassin attorney offered his list of potential 4th amendment violations by zealous law enforcement who clearly trampled on citizens rights, according to the attorney.

This is like a marathon tennis match with each side digging deep into their bag of tricks, unwilling to concede.

Personally, I think the evidence collection is beyond sketchy. I also think that because the police signed off on the action, DAs signed off on the action, a judge signed off on the action, etc...... it will be politically difficult for these public officials to withdraw their charges given how many public officials, many of them elected, have their reputations on the line....regardless of the possible illegality of the evidence collection.

Such a withdrawal would have ramifications beyond this case. Similar evidence collection techniques in past successfully prosecuted cases would likely be vulnerable to appeal and possibly reversal.

OT: Years ago, I was rear-ended by a drunk driver. The guy was sh*t-faced (noon on a Tuesday). He flunked the sobriety test at the scene. He flunked the breathalyzer at the police station. And during trial, the prosecution suddenly dismissed the case. Apparently, it was discovered in an earlier case that one of three breathalyzer machines at the police station hadn't been cleaned properly according to its manual and every drunk driving case was dismissed or reversed during a month period regardless of which machine was used to test.

In the Kraft case, will prosecution view Bob's recent statement as underwhelming but satisfactory enough to fully dismiss, thus avoiding further exploration of 4th amendment rights violations?
What about the other billionaire and the other less financially endowed (get it) citizens who also were subjected to these shaky evidence collection tactics?

Who blinks?

I hope no one. I want to see this play out....and get to a 1000 pages on this topic.
Legacy building.
Such a unique thread could open up new advertising avenues for Ian.

Last edited:
Wow. Ok so first of all you said I was wrong for not accepting that “tmz heard”was a legitimate source to prove the investigation was over.
Ok, the reason is simple. You are not correct in assuming guilt.
Wait. You think it is more likely based on what we know that kraft didn’t engage and pay a prostitute? Seriously? Whether he will be found legally guilty in a court of law and punished is a different matter but it seems ridiculous to hold the position that he didn’t commit the crime. Hell he all but admitted it yesterday.

That’s one. Two. You are on board with law enforcement breaking laws.

I 100% am not. Saying I do not believe we have seen anything that shows law enforcement broke any laws is not saying I am on board with breaking laws. Exactly what law did I say I supported being broken by law enforcement. You are just making this up.

That, my freind, is an oxymoron. Your better than this bro. How can you be such a communist?
Haha I am about as far from a communist as anyone could be.

You actually believe that no rights should be afforded to anyone because of a tape? Lmao

Whatever
I never said anything close to that. There is not a single right I have said shouldn’t be afforded. What in the world are you talking about?

One: Andy is always right.
Two: See one
Why are you so obsessed with me.
I am right sometimes and I am wrong sometimes. If it’s a matter of fact I readily admit when I am wrong.
When it’s a matter of opinion no one’s opinion is any better than anyone else’s so no one admits they are “wrong” about an opinion.
Grow up.

It's sad you have no idea just how funny that comment is.
It’s sad that you waste your time obsessed with what I post in a message board. Sadder that you know you can’t legitimately debate or dispute it so you run around posting personally criticism.

Personally, I think the evidence collection is beyond sketchy. I also think that because the police signed off on the action, DAs signed off on the action, a judge signed off on the action, etc...... it will be politically difficult for these public officials to withdraw their charges given how many public officials, many of them elected, have their reputations on the line....regardless of the possible illegality of the evidence collection.

Such a withdrawal would have ramifications beyond this case. Similar evidence collection techniques in past successfully prosecuted cases would likely be vulnerable to appeal and possibly reversal.

It’s a good point about the chain of command leading up to this authorization. A lot of people with egg on their face is more likely than the PD or a few officers. And I’ve been trying to stick to the scope here without completely going off the wheels but have felt it necessary to bring up surveillance state concerns that I have.

Now regarding appeals, are there limits to which cases can be appealed, since this is just a misdemeanor and not a felony charge? If not, this really could wind up being a SCOTUS case if there’s debatable precedent, though I suspect it’s a pretty open and shut case of law enforcement overreach.

It’s a good point about the chain of command leading up to this authorization. A lot of people with egg on their face is more likely than the PD or a few officers. And I’ve been trying to stick to the scope here without completely going off the wheels but have felt it necessary to bring up surveillance state concerns that I have.

Now regarding appeals, are there limits to which cases can be appealed, since this is just a misdemeanor and not a felony charge? If not, this really could wind up being a SCOTUS case if there’s debatable precedent, though I suspect it’s a pretty open and shut case of law enforcement overreach.
This case fascinates me because so many different dimensions are in play:

Law enforcement's manipulations of the warrant process.
The standards required to issue a warrant.
Citizens rights
Law enforcement's powers
Local & state politics
Utilization of the media by public officials
The allocation of finite tax dollars.

On the local level, costs are always a consideration and I imagine most towns don't get into legal battles with billionaires in a normal calendar year....though Palm Beach County is a different sort of area.

Case in point: Jeremy Jacobs...owner of the Bruins are more importantly, billionaire.

Jacobs owns perhaps the biggest and most expensive equestrian property in Palm Beach County and he has used his significant net worth to battle the Village of Wellington on the most mundane of land development issues and also the most controversial land development issues that he feels infringe on the sanctity of his property. During several local election cycles Jacobs brings in wannabe town council candidates and offers them substantial financial backing as long as they kiss his ring and pledge total devotion to his idyllic vision for the village
Jacobs has a local rival of substantial means who owns and runs all the equestrian events that basically support the town 6 months of the year. And this guy has his own stable of politicians in his pocket who typically counter Jacob's vision.
It's sad and hilarious to watch this ongoing battle wage on. And the local government is merely a pawn in their war with the election cycle victor wielding short term power.

An acquaintance did "collaborate" with Jacobs and run for a council seat. His funding came in from Tallahassee (state capital) from an innocuous small private business that has seemingly no possible relationship to Jacobs, the town, anything to do with government.....yet this small business was sending politicians checks to get them elected to small town government offices in order to squash a sidewalk that would parallel Jacobs property....and to prevent the construction of new hotel.
Makes you wonder what else Buffalo's Jeremy Jacobs is up to if he has some kind of financing operation set up in FL's state's capital.

My point: billionaires often have self serving agendas and unlimited finances to achieve a desired outcome while local governments operate in a less freewheeling manner.
Cost considerations may become a determining factor that influence how local authorities proceed with Tug Gate.
For sh*ts & giggles: If said hand manipulation case did ever evolve into a SCOTUS case based on 4th amendment issues, I suspect national law enforcement entities would take over funding from the local municipalities.

Go the distance Bob.....for the average guy.....and the above average guy too.
No doubt in my mind, Portnoy is already planning a sit in up in Washington.
East and west coast rappers are aligned, ready to march....pants at half mast. Watch out Ruth B G

This case fascinates me because so many different dimensions are in play:

Law enforcement's manipulations of the warrant process.
The standards required to issue a warrant.
Citizens rights
Law enforcement's powers
Local & state politics
Utilization of the media by public officials
The allocation of finite tax dollars.

On the local level, costs are always a consideration and I imagine most towns don't get into legal battles with billionaires in a normal calendar year....though Palm Beach County is a different sort of area.

Case in point: Jeremy Jacobs...owner of the Bruins are more importantly, billionaire.

Jacobs owns perhaps the biggest and most expensive equestrian property in Palm Beach County and he has used his significant net worth to battle the Village of Wellington on the most mundane of land development issues and also the most controversial land development issues that he feels infringe on the sanctity of his property. During several local election cycles Jacobs brings in wannabe town council candidates and offers them substantial financial backing as long as they kiss his ring and pledge total devotion to his idyllic vision for the village
Jacobs has a local rival of substantial means who owns and runs all the equestrian events that basically support the town 6 months of the year. And this guy has his own stable of politicians in his pocket who typically counter Jacob's vision.
It's sad and hilarious to watch this ongoing battle wage on. And the local government is merely a pawn in their war with the election cycle victor wielding short term power.

An acquaintance did "collaborate" with Jacobs and run for a council seat. His funding came in from Tallahassee (state capital) from an innocuous small private business that has seemingly no possible relationship to Jacobs, the town, anything to do with government.....yet this small business was sending politicians checks to get them elected to small town government offices in order to squash a sidewalk that would parallel Jacobs property....and to prevent the construction of new hotel.
Makes you wonder what else Buffalo's Jeremy Jacobs is up to if he has some kind of financing operation set up in FL's state's capital.

My point: billionaires often have self serving agendas and unlimited finances to achieve a desired outcome while local governments operate in a less freewheeling manner.
Cost considerations may become a determining factor that influence how local authorities proceed with Tug Gate.
For sh*ts & giggles: If said hand manipulation case did ever evolve into a SCOTUS case based on 4th amendment issues, I suspect national law enforcement entities would take over funding from the local municipalities.

Go the distance Bob.....for the average guy.....and the above average guy too.
No doubt in my mind, Portnoy is already planning a sit in up in Washington.
East and west coast rappers are aligned, ready to march....pants at half mast. Watch out Ruth B G
That's interesting. I have a buddy who is an Engineer for the Village, will have to ask him about this, lol.

Interesting political connections in this case:
Kraft hires William Burck to represent him;

The only disconnect is the Palm Beach State Attorney is ambitious, Dave Aronberg. Probably why Burck was surprised the prosecutors wouldn't cooperate on the sealing of the videos. Kraft may be f**cked unless the warrant affidavit can be destroyed by his lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe