PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Torre - Nice Guy Not Great Manager?

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So ... Hank:rolleyes:Steinbrenner fires back at Torre???

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3072881
Hank Steinbrenner, who has begun to take control over the New York Yankees with brother Hal from their fiery father George, shot back at former manager Joe Torre's comment about the team's contract offer being an "insult."

"Where was Joe's career in '95 when my dad hired him?" Hank Steinbrenner told The New York Post. "My dad was crucified for hiring him.

"Let's not forget what my dad did in giving him that opportunity -- and the great team he was handed," Steinbrenner told the paper.

To be honest I don't know much about Hank & Hal and I'm no Joe Torre expert either ... so that qualifies me as somewhat unbiased perhaps???

Joe Torre was handed a great team ... have to agree with Hank on that one. Before the salary cap & John Henry era, it was easy for the Yankees to build their super teams which were enhanced by a great minor league system ... Joe Torre cannot take credit for that.

The Yankees did not have all that success due to Torre's great visions.

The Yankees did not have all that success due to Torre's great motivation.

The Yankees did not have _____________due to Torre's _____________?

Fill in the blanks. Joe Torre is a great guy who became greater because he had cancer ... go figure on that one. Joe Torre earned his $$$ putting up with George ... not for his managerial skills IMO. So pencil me in on the side of Joe Torre's ego far inflated his actual worth ... I'm with Hank on this one. I mean whoever the frig Hank is,
and for Hal --- was he the computer in 2001 Space Odyssey?

hal9000.jpg

Last edited:
got to agree with you...and Hank. Joe is a great guy, but i mean look at the teams he has had. I would think you or i could have taken those teams to a couple of post season.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back