SOURCE:Patriots.com

SOURCE:Patriots.com

SOURCE:ProFootballTalk.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
World Champs!
Tom Brady and the Patriots won their sixth championship on Sunday night after a tough defensive battle over the Rams.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

...Is Russell Wilson on his way out of Seattle?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Froob, Apr 15, 2019 at 7:39 AM.

1. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,584
    I think Wilson was one of the most efficient QB's last year & Seattle has nowhere near cap hell lol. They have a ton of money to spend over the next 2-3 years.

Some of you may want to stop now bc life after Tom will ruin most of the fans I see nowadays.

2. UptownPatsFan

UptownPatsFan Standin' Pat

Ratings:
    +13,376
    Fair enough. Now let’s make this simple. Would you want Wilson as your QB?? :rolleyes:

3. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +63,549
    No one on this board has any idea what the career trajectory will be for Mahomes.

What I do know is Mahomes is talented and has received good coaching. Thats key. Can he produce with lesser talent surrounding him? Not sure.

Marino started off guns blazing and he cooled off once Duper, Clayton and others started to age. He had good coaching as well.

TB12 started off as a game manager who became the GOAT. Coaching has been the same and the talent around him has been good to excellent.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,059
    If Brady retired today and we could just take Wilson or Mahomes, who would it be? I'd take Mahomes knowing the huge risk. It's perceived upside for me. And I'd also be excited today as well if my man Wilson walked thru the door Brady walked out of.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Boomer B

Boomer B Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,166
    Not over the QB who's currently on my team!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. NormZauchin

NormZauchin PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,899
    Only one interception in three games against the Pats, but an interception that no one will forget.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  7. chasa

chasa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7,472
    wilson is a qb you can build a franchise around. hes worth the money. seattle needs to remember the charlie whitehurst experiment.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UptownPatsFan

UptownPatsFan Standin' Pat

Ratings:
    +13,376
    That was a given.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18,772
    I’m torn. You’re right, but Mahomes showed more grit in his one really tough playoff game than I’ve ever seen from the front runner/playoff pants p1sser.

10. BelichicksHoodie

BelichicksHoodie Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +132
    They'd be foolish to let him go and go back to the Matt Flynn's of the world.

• Agree Agree x 1

11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,330
    I'm kind of loving this ... I don't believe he is worth the money.
    They won their Super Bowl year with defense.

12. TheFlyingWedge

TheFlyingWedge 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2,437
    There was a time when Colin Kaepernick looked like a worthy adversary after literally beating the snot out of the Patriots in Foxboro 2012.

Mahoney looks great - no doubt. But he needs to maintain his level of play for a few seasons, stay healthy, and register a win against NE before he is annointed.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 12:06 PM
  13. Bcc66duece

Bcc66duece On the Roster

Ratings:
    +140
    They would only get a 5th round comp pick cause of the Alan Faneca rule.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +26,367
    And if the Chiefs get called on their pick play the Ford offside would not matter. Can we not play the "if" game at all. Lets just give praise to the players based on what happened and not what could happen.

• Like Like x 1
  15. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +26,367
    They are not in cap hell at all. They have over 97m of space next season. The exact amount they have this year is meaningless as they can redistribute money with restructures if push comes to shove. This is not what cap hell is.

Schneider cares more about signing his franchise QB than another draft pick this year. The entire point of the draft is to find players like Wilson. All this is right now is posturing about guarantees. The Seahawks dont want to set a precedent because every other important player will ask for similar things in the future. And Wilson's agent wants to force the issue.

The Seahawks have more open cap space right now over the next 2 years than the Raiders. Your entire premise that this makes sense because of financial reasons is flawed.

That being said I am not sure I would even be a fan of this from a Raiders POV. You give up 2 first round picks where one should be a guaranteed difference maker in the top 5 and another midround pick which are both under cost control for 5 years for 2 players that will need market setting contracts ? Not my kind of deal..

16. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +18,772
    So much to unpack here.

Carrying the team to...just above mediocrity? An average offensive PPG? A fake passer rating that’s usually pumped up in garbage time?

There’s a reason they have “no offensive line.” The little midget runs around and plays backyard football, can’t read a defense, and is very slow to process plays.

Every time there’s a do-or-die play, Wilson’s signature play is a lollipop down the sidelines or some other deep bomb...that tells you the type of QB he is. He’s usually a bust for 2-3 quarters a game and then gets on a hot streak.

Mahomes is already much better than Wilson. He led the Chiefs to the #1 offense in the NFL. Wilson at his best is capable of leading an offense to the 8-10 range, and his skill players have always been just fine.

Everything you need to know about how overrated this guy is...last year’s playoff game. He played like absolute, total garbage all game until two garbage time TDs in the waning minutes. The fan base acted like he played a heroic game only to be let down by his defense, while the opposite was true.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 6:14 AM
  17. luuked

luuked Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +26,367
    I have no skin in this but if you ask me Wilson is a pretty good QB who can make all the throws, is a threat on the legs and is better at risk management than bozos like Winston. He never had a good offensive coordinator in his pro career, is stuck behind awful OLs and a HC that keeps living through the running game (except ironically on the 1 yard line in the SB).

Given his experience, I think he would have been easily better than Mahomes last year with the easy mode offense KC had.

Really dont understand the hate he is getting from a football perspective. In terms of his personal life he might be an even bigger weirdo than Brady and his TB12 pijamas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 7:15 AM
  18. manxman2601

manxman2601 Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +24,648
    Wilson announced on Twitter that he’s got a deal. I suspect we’ll here details in the morning.

19. manxman2601

manxman2601 Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +24,648

They need to keep enough space free for Bobby Wagner for next year. I could see the Colts or Chiefs being in on Clark. Or the Jets perhaps (although I don’t know if he’d fit their 3-4).

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 5:48 AM
  20. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,509
    I don’t have a link at the moment, but I read a report stating that Buffalo was very interested in Clark, so they may be a team to keep an eye on regarding a potential trade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1