Interesting Vince Young Read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Intersting Vince young read from the fall. I like to find relevant draft info that perhaps predates the hype. Anyways...this writers opinion paints a brutal picture of a QB that should be selected anywhere from the 4th round or so and later. If this writer is correct, the Titans or whomever are throwing a pick away.

Again...just 1 man's opinion but very well written to back up his thoughts.

http://multiplementality.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2005/10/22/506/

But let’s be honest, Young is no McNabb. You can see it in his progressions. You can see it in the types of play calls that the Texas coaching staff offers him. Ever notice how Young is almost NEVER under center when the play begins? Ever notice how his play calls from the sideline are always some sort of shotgun play-action or bootleg or something else that has a run/pass option? Ever notice how he never drops back as a pocket style passer? It’s the same sort of protective play calling that enabled Charlie Ward to win the National Championship and the Heisman Trophy for Florida State in the early 1990’s. That’s great for the Longhorns but terrible for Vince. The problem is that it never forces him to develop the necessary skills for playing at the pro level.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/
From the NFL’s perspective, experience under center is paramount. In the last 10 years, I can only think of one quarterback that was taken in the first round that had less experience under center and more experience in the shotgun formation-that was last year’s number one overall Alex Smith of the San Francisco Forty-niners(his first game was a train wreck!). The rest of the shotgun style quarterbacks over that same span have been forced to settle for something less if they even made it in the pros.

So...what is your opinion on Young? Me, I trade down if some team is has a fixation on Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes