PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think I found Jason Chayut's problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
His problem is he picked a fight with the wrong people. He's basically a novice agent with a bunch of no name clients trying to lock horns with one of the most principled orgainzations in sports. The long and the short of it is he simply doen't know what he's doing.

SoonerPatriot said:
His problem is he picked a fight with the wrong people. He's basically a novice agent with a bunch of no name clients trying to lock horns with one of the most principled orgainzations in sports. The long and the short of it is he simply doen't know what he's doing.
I don't know about that, he had Dunta Robinson and Jason Babin from the Texans and Sheldon Brown from the Eagles. All good players.

But he does appear to be somewhat of an idiot who way overvalued Branch's prospects and has given him horrible advice.

J D Sal

Jason Chayut needs to be careful how he is being viewed in the league at this time. If he screws this up, then new players and existing players will be staying away from this guy in the future. He will be doing a disservice to both branch and himself. Branch might be firing this guy soon. Branch should hire seymour's agent.

SoonerPatriot said:

Does anybody know of a way to find out what NFL players this guy represents?

JDSal45 said:
I don't know about that, he had Dunta Robinson and Jason Babin from the Texans and Sheldon Brown from the Eagles. All good players.
But negotiating rookie contracts are a far different story than extensions or free agent contracts. THERE he has NO experience...which is why he is way over his head. I agree that the league and players will be looking at him and he may be one who players will keep away from if he continues stumbling over his feet. Look at what great PR he has done for Branch?? He has gone from one of the most likeable to one many many dislike..that takes a lot of poor PR and Chuyut has done it. He's made bad moves all along and I truly believe at some point Deion will understand what happened and how this fast talking agent has screwed him big time.

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
But negotiating rookie contracts are a far different story than extensions or free agent contracts. THERE he has NO experience...which is why he is way over his head. I agree that the league and players will be looking at him and he may be one who players will keep away from if he continues stumbling over his feet. Look at what great PR he has done for Branch?? He has gone from one of the most likeable to one many many dislike..that takes a lot of poor PR and Chuyut has done it. He's made bad moves all along and I truly believe at some point Deion will understand what happened and how this fast talking agent has screwed him big time.

Boy you hit the nail on the head - it really is amazing how Deion has indeed gone from being a really well liked WR with great PR and endorsement value to that of a true malcontent.

No matter what angle anyone cares to view this from - Deion is not winning any popularity contest here at all. His approval ratings are always very very low in any poll I have seen.

How is he not seeing all of this and how does he not realize how much this will cost him in the long run.

Friends of Deion - please, wake this guy up before it is too late.

I may be too simple minded but the fact that Belichick let Branch and his agent go out and look for a deal with anyone says to me that 1) he thinks the Patriots offered market value for him and 2) the asking price is so outrageous that there's almost no way anyone will come close.

My reading of it is simply that the asking price is so nutty and non negotiable that it wasn't worth Belichick's effort to deal with and he'd let Branch come back to him when he realizes no-one else will come close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back