PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much regret does Tiki Barber have right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
How much do you think Tiki Barber is regretting retirement as he watches his former team make a great run to the Super Bowl?

How much do you think Tiki Barber is regretting retirement as he watches his former team make a great run to the Super Bowl?

What he won't acknowledge, though, is that if he was still there they'd be sitting at home right now. He was addition by subtraction.

I would guess no one in America rooted harder for TB/Dallas/GB the last 3 weeks than that egomaniac.

The truth is, there is no way the Giants go to the Super bowl with Barber undermining Coughlin and Eli at every turn as he did in past years.

Last edited:
Tiki got hammered bad on one of the talk shows yesterday, maybe PTI, I can't remember since there were so many. The point was that he has gotten "quieter and quieter" as the Giants have made their run and that people are now saying openly that they are better off without him.

Not sure I'd characerize it as regret so much as disappointment.

Eli and Coughlin are making quite the case for those who long hinted that selfish and divisive players with ego problems were as much if not more to blame for the Giants failure to perform to expectations or develop their first round QB to date than any deficiencies in the QB or HC. Absent Tiki they were able to work through tough times absent the finger pointing and right the ship, and absent Shockey they were able to rally around their QB and each other all the way to an NFCC.

Tiki got hammered bad on one of the talk shows yesterday, maybe PTI, I can't remember since there were so many. The point was that he has gotten "quieter and quieter" as the Giants have made their run and that people are now saying openly that they are better off without him.
The Big Show was saying that both he and Shockey were the cause of problems on the Giants,not coach and QB.

Not sure I'd characerize it as regret so much as disappointment.

How about "bitterness"? You leave a job where you hated your boss, everybody was sniping at each other, and you were the star performer they all relied on to make things work. But as soon as you're gone, instead of falling apart they pull themselves together and prove to be better off without you! Now everybody is cheering their success and looking at you like something on the bottom of their shoe. Not a happy feeling.

The Big Show was saying that both he and Shockey were the cause of problems on the Giants,not coach and QB.

It will be interesting when Shockey comes back off IR next year and it's 'Eli's" team, not his........

Hopefully a lot. He's an assclown. The fact that he's no longer with them probably had a lot to do with the improved chemistry of the team and the fact that they're there.

from what i heard from giants players in interviews, tiki and coughlin always went at it all day everday verbally infront of everybody.

It will be interesting when Shockey comes back off IR next year and it's 'Eli's" team, not his........

Maybe by then the team will be strong enough to trump him, but if it were me I'd dump him for some draft pics rather than wait to see if it works out. He'll be at the U until August anyway. It's tough enough to rebound from a Superbowl "appearance" season, but this might be a cinderella team that could parlay that into something compelling in a truly weak assed and willed and poorly coached conference come 2008 - if they don't disolve in the aftermath.

If Barber decides to un-retire, I've got the perfect team for him: He would fit in perfectly on the San Diego Chargers.

Last edited:
Tiki was the guest on "Project Runway" episode that I saw last night. LOL I'm sure he prefers that to playing football in the Superbowl. Not.

I actually kinda like the guy, but there's little doubt left he was a cancer in the lockeroom.

If Barber decides to un-retire, I've got the perfect team for him: He would fit in perfectly on the San Diego Chargers.

As they say, there's no 'I' in team but there is an 'ego' in San Diego..........
(as well as an I)

Well, I think there's a grain of truth to this, but it's impossible to deny that Eli has been a large part of the problem since coming to the Giants. They've had a host of problems over the past few years, but Eli was definitely part of them.

That said, I don't think Tiki would have made this team any better or worse on the field, but I'm sure they're glad they're doing it without him given how he's conducted himself since leaving.

What he won't acknowledge, though, is that if he was still there they'd be sitting at home right now. He was addition by subtraction.
I think Tiki and SHockey were part of things..Boss fits in really good and Tiki knocking the team so much..pretty funny when it's he who may have been the cancer..Shockey might be tradeable...

Assuming the Patriots win, then the Giants would have gotten no further than when Tiki was on their Super Bowl 35 team.

Tiki shouldn't feel bad because if that cancer was still on the team they wouldn't be in the Super Bowl.

Tiki was on the Giants for their last Super Bowl game, right (against the Ravens)?

Tiki was on the Giants for their last Super Bowl game, right (against the Ravens)?

weren't those the days when he and Ron Dayne were known as "Thunder and Lightning"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes