PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Jeff Howe this AM regarding the Patriots’ GM situation and Eliot Wolf in particular:

“In-house candidates Eliot Wolf and Matt Groh have also been under consideration. If it’s Wolf running the show, expect the Patriots to give a long, hard look at drafting a left tackle with the No. 3 pick.”

Allegedly..

All in all Daniels, Alt or MHJ -whoever will be taken with 3rd pick he will help us rebuild a team. It is better to discuss who helps more than picking at the end of first round. I mean I am so intrigued and would welcome any of these mentioned above.

Considering how amateurish the coach and coaching staff interviews have gone, and the lack of GM interviews, it wouldn’t be shocking to see the Pats **** up the #3 overall pick and draft an OT. Watch them trade up to #1 and take an OT. It would be par for the course for this current regime of buffoonery. The fact that Kraft is letting Laurel & Hardy (Groh &Wolf) run this draft and make the decisions is embarrassing, and leads to these kinds of **** ups. Should have hired a GM on day one. The franchise is being run like a losing franchise we all used to laugh at.

I’ve been a Pat’s fan since 1975, I’m not saying I would switch teams if they screw this up and take an OT at #3. I just wouldn’t be as emotionally invested like I have been the last 48 seasons. I would find other things to do on Sundays.

Allegedly..

Hopefully it's BS the 16th best QB in the NFL is more valuable than having the best left tackle in the league, Joe Thomas was a hall of fame LT how did that work out for the Browns?

If you can't find a good tackle outside of the top 3 in the draft, you suck at drafting.

Much harder to find a good QB outside the top 10 of the draft than a good LT.

Considering how amateurish the coach and coaching staff interviews have gone, and the lack of GM interviews, it wouldn’t be shocking to see the Pats **** up the #3 overall pick and draft an OT. Watch them trade up to #1 and take an OT. It would be par for the course for this current regime of buffoonery. The fact that Kraft is letting Laurel & Hardy (Groh &Wolf) run this draft and make the decisions is embarrassing, and leads to these kinds of **** ups. Should have hired a GM on day one. The franchise is being run like a losing franchise we all used to laugh at.

I’ve been a Pat’s fan since 1975, I’m not saying I would switch teams if they screw this up and take an OT at #3. I just wouldn’t be as emotionally invested like I have been the last 48 seasons. I would find other things to do on Sundays.
Considering our last coach was liable to trade down for a defensive back and this one hasn’t made a single personnel move, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt

This is a genuine question:
Is there a greater chance that a #3 overall WR pick turns into Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Devante Adams...
Or the #3 overall QB pick turns into Manning, Brady, Rogers, Mahomes...
MHJ def has a far better chance at being an all-time great compared to any of the QBs in the top 3, but the real question is do you pass up on a Dak Prescott type of QB in the draft? I have not seen anyone that thinks any of the top three will bust.
We obviously want the true franchise QB like the GOAT or Mahomes, but if our scouts say that these dudes are top15-20 type of guys at worst it's going to be hard to pass that up

Hopefully it's BS the 16th best QB in the NFL is more valuable than having the best left tackle in the league, Joe Thomas was a hall of fame LT how did that work out for the Browns?

If you can't find a good tackle outside of the top 3 in the draft, you suck at drafting.

Much harder to find a good QB outside the top 10 of the draft than a good LT.
Yup. A left tackle is an important position. But they can’t fix the line by themselves. A single WR has more of an impact on getting guys open in his until then a tackle does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe