PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniel Graham: "I'm actually happy that I'm out of there"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing groundbreaking there, and I'm actually surprised the media didn't get to spin their comments more.
With the salary cap, if you're not performing, or you think you're worth more than the team does, c'est la vie. Adios.
The Pats have been through a lot of tight ends, they've been good on our team, but they're not exactly lighting the world on fire with their new teams.

Some guys wouldn't even make this squad for sure. Branch would, but he'd be the 3rd option behind Welker and Moss.

Yeah, but what are they going to say, really? "Yeah, it sucks that I am where I am now, what a bummer!" The article is dumb.

Also, Daniel? If you think it's not a business in lovely Denver, you're an idiot.

Graham enjoys being with the Broncos. Complains that the New England Patriot is run too much like a business. Wow! What does he think an NFL football team is, a boyscout organization?

Well, bless his heart. Glad it's working out for him. He'll be able to watch the Superbowl from his recliner.

Who cares? We appear to be doing just fine without him. If he feels that way, so be it.

"It's just business ... well said by Daniel. Too bad the media doesn't understand this ... well, they do but prefer to use it against the team to make headlines.

Personally, I like the turnover and I think it's good for the team because you get to change what you do a bit from year to year.
Graham gave us %110 when he was here ... he did alot of thankless dirty work on the line ... he earned 2 rings and a fat contract in the process ... life is good for those who choose to make something of themselves.

Yeah I'm sure he loves being on a mediocre team as to one poised to break records, possibly win a fourth super bowl in seven years, and be behind one of the greatest QBs of all time. Like many here have said, what else was he going to say?

Yeah, but what are they going to say, really? "Yeah, it sucks that I am where I am now, what a bummer!" The article is dumb.

Also, Daniel? If you think it's not a business in lovely Denver, you're an idiot.

That is exactly what HOWARD ULMAN, wanted to get so he could have bigger story than last weeks story when an unscrupulous reporter baited and twisted a second year back up safety to guarantee a win over NE.

I'd love to take a time machine to the last year or two of Graham's contract with the Donks when he's either cut or asked to 'redo' the big bucks.

it's kind of funny how he derisively says it's a business w/the pats after he leaves for more money.

Read the print at the bottom:

AP sports writers Gregg Bell in Seattle, Pat Graham in Denver, Michael Marot in Indianapolis, Teresa Walker in Nashville and Tom Withers in Cleveland contributed to this report.

That should say it all...jealousy.

What's he supposed to say? That he regrets leaving and made a big mistake?

Folks, you're blowing up a case of horrendously bad reporting into a controversy.

With that quote, the reporter should have asked him WHY?

Graham has a few valid answers. He played the Kyle Brady role in this offense. Maybe the guy just didn't want to stay in and block most of the time.

What problem do you have with that?

just get ready to hear more and more -ve BB and pats spin as the season ends...

Teh guys is from Denver. He went to Colorado. He's playing in his home town.So, he's glad to be "here".

Nothing to see in that article. Just a waste of print with no point.

Oh please. This is ridiculous. If I had a nickel for every time an athlete disingenuously claimed to "have no regrets," I'd be a rich man. I don't get it, but they all seem to NEVER have ANY regrets and ALWAYS think they "wouldn't do anything differently." It's a ridiculous breed, the professional athlete, and this is but one more example.

He played the Kyle Brady role in this offense. Maybe the guy just didn't want to stay in and block most of the time.

His 23 catches this year isn't exactly lighting up the sky.

"Only 4 players remain from the 2001 championship team"

Bruschi
Vrabel
Izzo
Brady
Paxton
Light
T. Brown
Stephen Neal
K. Faulk
Seymour

That is more than 4 right?

Last edited:
Graham was under a rookie contract and Patriots weren't looking to pay him anymore. A team like Denver might want a player from a solid system. He got a nice contract. He is back where he grew up. Works for both of them.
I can believe him when he said he is happy out there.

I never understood the hate when a player takes a million dollars to go somewhere else. For example, I heard over and over how Woody must regret his mistake to go to Detriot. I look at it as Woody made millions more to play for the Lions. Millions. I say good deal for him. Maybe bad for Detriot, but good for Woody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents