PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blame the Kraft Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Helmet

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Ultimately, they were responsible for letting Branch go, and in my opinion, this is ultimately why Brady is faltering.

Branch and Brady had an intangible element to their game, they were sync'd as players, and a friends. Like Harrison/Manning, and to a lesser degree Pennington/Coles, Big Ben/Ward, Brees/Colston, Vick/Crumpler...that "mojo" is irreplaceable. Having a go to guy on the field adds an element of mental comfort, which I feel adds to Brady's ability to make his reads.

Yeah, he "throws to the open guy", but when you don't know when the next guy is going to be open, you tend to panic, and make mistakes. Regardless of what people can say, BRANCH could SEPARATE from 99% of the CBs in the league. They essentially kicked out Brady's crutch, both on the football field and on a mental level.

I blame the Krafts.

Iron Helmet said:
Ultimately, they were responsible for letting Branch go, and in my opinion, this is ultimately why Brady is faltering.

Branch and Brady had an intangible element to their game, they were sync'd as players, and a friends. Like Harrison/Manning, and to a lesser degree Pennington/Coles, Big Ben/Ward, Brees/Colston, Vick/Crumpler...that "mojo" is irreplaceable. Having a go to guy on the field adds an element of mental comfort, which I feel adds to Brady's ability to make his reads.

Yeah, he "throws to the open guy", but when you don't know when the next guy is going to be open, you tend to panic, and make mistakes. Regardless of what people can say, BRANCH could SEPARATE from 99% of the CBs in the league. They essentially kicked out Brady's crutch, both on the football field and on a mental level.

I blame the Krafts.

Right, Branch not being here is the reason Jets were flying into the backfield untouched and destroying Brady and nullifying the running game...

The only thing you can blame Kraft for is the crappy playing surface, ticket prices and lack of crowd noise.

Yep , I think the team does miss Branch

Brees/Colston?

Those guys have played a grand total of 9 games together. Which makes it sound like that trust factor can be built which destroys the whole Brady/Branch trust factor.

For a guy that doesnt have his go to guy Brady going into this week was #4 in TD passes only 3 behind Manning. Branch not being on the team wasn't a problem when Brady was picking apart Minn.

People will start to bring up letting Branch go again now in the media cause we lost 2 games in a row. But fact of the matter was after 7 games no one was saying much about how much we miss Branch (sans Denver game). Its an excuse people will use because its easy to point out. But the main problem right now is with the inconsistent play of the offensive line, poor performance on 3rd down on both offense and defense, poor special teams coverage giving opponents good field position, forgetting about the run for possessions at a time, dumb penalties, losing the turnover battle etc.

Drrms like we have a bunch of hard headed idiots here....oldskool has ot right..bglame the Krafts..THAT is about the dumbest thing I have heard..in a LONG time..

oldskool138 said:
Right, Branch not being here is the reason Jets were flying into the backfield untouched and destroying Brady and nullifying the running game...

The only thing you can blame Kraft for is the crappy playing surface, ticket prices and lack of crowd noise.

LOL

The decision not to pay Branch was Belioli's all along. Bill not only won't overpay, he won't stroke them. He wants self motivated players who don't need to be talked in to wanting the ring more than the $$$. The tough love plan of the past, not working in a season when there was more money than talent available in the FA market. And it doesn't play in the locker room either when the system and the scheme aren't carrying the day.

OK, we've narrowed it down to the Krafts, Coaching and QB.

Kraft, Belichick, Brady . . . yeah, they must be the problem.

:confused: :p

BelichickFan said:
OK, we've narrowed it down to the Krafts, Coaching and QB.

Kraft, Belichick, Brady . . . yeah, they must be the problem.

:confused: :p

I blame it on Sam Adams.

You see, it's all about Pat Patriot, created by Phil Bisell in the Sullivan era, back in the Boston Patriot days, the once-city of Sam Adams, who just simply by coincidence shared a name with a former Patriot.

sam-adams.jpg

It's all your fault, Sam.

Iron Helmet said:

I blame the Krafts.

Do you even watch the games? Especially today, if you think we lost the game today because of no Branch you are sadly mistaken, Brady threw so many bad passes this game you couldn't even count them all, he was throwing behind guys all the time, and yet he still gets no blame all season for any of the mistakes HE makes, I'm sick of hearing about how Branch was the reason we were good, he wasn't.. he helped sure, but if you watch the games its quite obvious there are other problems (the playcalling, Bradys throws) that are making us lose.

MoLewisrocks said:
The decision not to pay Branch was Belioli's all along. Bill not only won't overpay, he won't stroke them. He wants self motivated players who don't need to be talked in to wanting the ring more than the $$$. The tough love plan of the past, not working in a season when there was more money than talent available in the FA market. And it doesn't play in the locker room either when the system and the scheme aren't carrying the day.

You don't know that. I'm willing to bet that Kraft being cheap has as much if not more than Bill's economic plans. I think Bill would've loved to have Branch on the team, and I think he would've been willing to pay more to get him. The playing surface (which killed Brady today, the Jets took advantage of it by blitzing him and he couldn't use his patented mobility to slide in the pocket without slipping) was absolutely horrendous, as well, and I wish the damn stadium had more bathrooms (you know, like they promised back when they were building it).

No doubt. Kraft has been a total bust since he bought the team.

I long for the days of Victor Kiam.

tdw777 said:
It's Bush's fault
Why are you blaming a New Orleans rookie,,,,hardly his fault,,,

primetime said:
You don't know that. I'm willing to bet that Kraft being cheap has as much if not more than Bill's economic plans. I think Bill would've loved to have Branch on the team, and I think he would've been willing to pay more to get him. The playing surface (which killed Brady today, the Jets took advantage of it by blitzing him and he couldn't use his patented mobility to slide in the pocket without slipping) was absolutely horrendous, as well, and I wish the damn stadium had more bathrooms (you know, like they promised back when they were building it).
I've always wondered what 3 superbowl wins were worth to some of the fans and now I know: two losses negates 3 rings. What did Mr. Kraft ever do to deserve fans like you?

I suppose the ad is right. It's all about the beer (or the bathrooms).

PatsFan37 said:
I've always wondered what 3 superbowl wins were worth to some of the fans and now I know: two losses negates 3 rings. What did Mr. Kraft ever do to deserve fans like you?

Its amazing how drunk some of you are on "the kool aid". Bottom line, it was a mistake not to keep Branch. Winning 3 SBs doesn't make you immune from making bad calls.

Perhaps over time, we can "fix" the damage done, but it is obvious our "Plan B" to account for his loss SUCKS. Sign a bunch of #3 recievers and hope someone delivers. I am OK with the loss of Givens, Adam, and Willie, but Branch was a mistake. You grossly underestimate the repore Brady/Branch had going.

Pats726 said:
Why are you blaming a New Orleans rookie,,,,hardly his fault,,,

I didn't know the President played for the saints. I always thought he was a baseball man.

Iron Helmet said:
Its amazing how drunk some of you are on "the kool aid". Bottom line, it was a mistake not to keep Branch. Winning 3 SBs doesn't make you immune from making bad calls.

Perhaps over time, we can "fix" the damage done, but it is obvious our "Plan B" to account for his loss SUCKS. Sign a bunch of #3 recievers and hope someone delivers. I am OK with the loss of Givens, Adam, and Willie, but Branch was a mistake. You grossly underestimate the repore Brady/Branch had going.

Mistake not to keep Branch?

I agree. We should have paid Branch like the top 10 WR he is NOT.

PatsFan37 said:

Funny, I thought I was a fan of the football team, not Robert Kraft. The Patriots won 3 rings, not Kraft. Kraft just makes money off them (and alot of money might I add), and the fact is he got lucky. He got lucky that he got one of the best QBs of all time by pure stroke of luck, he got lucky that he managed to get one of the best coaches of all time. He's still cheap, and everyone still has to wait in long lines to piss at the stadium. When it was being built, it was promised to have alot more bathrooms than the old stadium, and I don't really notice it. It might be state of the art, but he did skim off the top.

We let Monty Biesel go too early. Because of that, we lost him and his wife.

Kraft should have paid the man.:mad:

Helmut is so right. Look what happened to us after Terry Glenn.

We're the worst 6-3 team in history. We should demand the Krafts sell the team to Los Angelas and rid of us of this burden.

Right now Irving Fryer is shaking his head. The shame of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick