PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's comments on Mangini when he first got the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Does anybody have a link? I'm trying to find it. My recollection is that BB was pretty generous to EM, praising him effusively - which makes the mediots' latest theory that BB dissed EM simply because he went to the jets hold absolutely NO WATER whatsoever.

Link?

I really think this whole problem--if there is a problem--has to do with the Jets making a play for Branch.

vyrago said:
I really think this whole problem--if there is a problem--has to do with the Jets making a play for Branch.

I totally agree. Part of why I'd like to read his comments on Mangini when EM first took the job.

I posted this in another thread. Also check out AllThingsBillBelichick.com

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...p-382154c.html

Bill Belichick was roundly criticized for his frosty approach toward Eric Mangini, which many media types perceived as a petty response to Mangini's decision to leave New England. But there may be more to it than what has been reported.
Some people in the know insist the rift wasn't created by the actual break-up, that the relationship started to fray after Mangini left.
That opens several possibilities; maybe Belichick is sore because Mangini tried to poach some of his assistant coaches. The belief here is Belichick's beef with Mangini stems from the Deion Branch situation. The Patriots believe the Jets tampered with Branch - New England filed a grievance with the league - and that certainly could explain Belichick's cold shoulder.
It's interesting to note that, on the day Mangini took the Jets' job, Belichick released a statement that called Mangini "an outstanding coach and an even finer individual...(This opportunity) is truly an example of good things happening to a good, hard-working person."
Does that sound like a betrayed coach?

thanks. appreciated.

thanks. appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore