PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Appeal for Help: Wife's Family Desperate to Get Out of Afghanistan (UPDATE 20 FEB: THIRD OPTION COMING ABOUT! FOSTERING HOPE IN DESPAIR)

Posted and stickied it on RealGM. I’ll keep it stickied there for a few days for you.

Hello everyone,

My wife is a linguist who helped out US Special Operations Forces (her sisters did as well), but their family is trapped in Afghanistan. Her cousin, in particular, is in desperate need. He was an interpreter, helping the US Army in 2010 and 2011, and his family is stuck. Three members have already been found and executed by the Taliban for being related to him. They need to get out or they will be dead soon too, since the whole family and subtribe was known for being very anti-Taliban and pro-US. It's going to be costly and time is short.

I don't like asking for anything, neither does her family, but we're desperate now. We thought, when we started this that this was only for the Kandahar family and we had a way to get the Kabul family out, but we were informed last night that no one will receive no help from our government. We think we can the Kabul family out, but it's going to be dangerous. We have a plan to get the Kandahar family out as well. We're going to have to pay smugglers to get both families to Pakistan, house and feed them there, and then fly them to the States on our own dime.

I have a gofundme for my wife's family. It will help pay for smugglers, dealing with the border, and setting up safe houses while we figure out how to get them into a more permanent situation with the rest of the family in the US.

gofund.me

Please Help Get Our Family Out of Afghanistan

That's the link, if you want to check it. Even if you don't want to donate (I get it, times are tough), please at least pass it on.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
I wish i had paid more attention to this yesterday,(time must be of the essence) donation(s) sent ( i accidentally sent the donation twice, but thats a good thing) good luck to them.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

My wife is a linguist who helped out US Special Operations Forces (her sisters did as well), but their family is trapped in Afghanistan. Her cousin, in particular, is in desperate need. He was an interpreter, helping the US Army in 2010 and 2011, and his family is stuck. Three members have already been found and executed by the Taliban for being related to him. They need to get out or they will be dead soon too, since the whole family and subtribe was known for being very anti-Taliban and pro-US. It's going to be costly and time is short.

I don't like asking for anything, neither does her family, but we're desperate now. We thought, when we started this that this was only for the Kandahar family and we had a way to get the Kabul family out, but we were informed last night that no one will receive no help from our government. We think we can the Kabul family out, but it's going to be dangerous. We have a plan to get the Kandahar family out as well. We're going to have to pay smugglers to get both families to Pakistan, house and feed them there, and then fly them to the States on our own dime.

I have a gofundme for my wife's family. It will help pay for smugglers, dealing with the border, and setting up safe houses while we figure out how to get them into a more permanent situation with the rest of the family in the US.

gofund.me

Please Help Get Our Family Out of Afghanistan

That's the link, if you want to check it. Even if you don't want to donate (I get it, times are tough), please at least pass it on.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Have you reached out to the organization No One Left Behind

I have several former military friends, but no one seems to be talking, though on is recovering from Cancer, currently, and can't do much.. I've reached out to several of them and had nothing come back. It's been radio silence.

EDIT: Also sent a donation.

Nicholai why does the charge say it goes to "GoFndMe*" not, lilke other contributions, "GoFundMe"? Help me out here, and pardon my rudeness if there's an explanation.

Edit, on the actual page on actual gofundme.com it worked , so who knows why the way the billing changed the abbreviation, God bless & good luck.

Florida man, your boy misspelled forty-five (but they did. Twice.) :D

Not sure, but I'm seeing donations from people from this site, so I'm not sure? Nothing seems to be amiss

Sent what I could, I hope everything works out for you and your family!

Its beyond infuriating that this has been allowed to happen with an $800+ billion dollar war machine.

Heh, funny enough I had reached out to the Lithuanians since I used to work with them in Kandahar back in the day. Part of the tribe and all...I knew they would find a way. They always did.

I just want to say that the outpouring of support is tremendous and we are SO EXTREMELY grateful!

We are talking about buying a car to get the family out of Kabul as a last ditch effort before we have to settle in for the long game with them. The fact we're even talking this kind of thing is BECAUSE OF YOUR DONATIONS. It's saving lives and that is no exaggeration.

All caps, because those are facts.

We are working the exfil situation with the family down south. I have higher hopes that will be smoother.

Thank you so much! I will keep you updated.

Were stuck at $8000.

Please do what you can to get the word out. Im attempting to call a talk radio station tonight.
I texted about 80 people from phone contact list and I believe my wife put it on facebook. Trying to think of other ways

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back