An open letter to the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Dear Patriots:

Thank you for the 2006 season so far. Winning the division and winning a playoff game at home is something we Pats fans have come to expect from you over the last few years, and you haven't disappointed us yet on that count (except for 2002, and even then, you were in it to the end). I know BB's desire is to be in the hunt for the Lombardi trophy every year, but I think he's smart enough to realize that, talent aside, it won't always happen--and I've come to accept that fact. Watching you lose in the playoffs would still hurt, but I'll be able to take solace in the fact that you'll be right back in the thick of the hunt next year.

Last year hurt so much because, were it not for the cr*ptacular Denver game, marred with referee errors and turnovers, a lot of us feel that you could have brought home the Lombardi (although, admittedly, it might have been like 2002, as well, when Brady needed surgery).

I can't think any real Pats fans would want to see you guys lose today, but many of us are, understandably, nervous. On the other hand, as long as you don't give us a replay of the Denver debacle, I think most of us will accept the fact that you lost to another outstanding team.

So, just go out there and do your best. Do your best to beat the Chargers, but if you do lose, at least make us proud to be Pats fans. Today, at least, I can't ask for anything more.

Sincerely,

ctpatsfan77

P.S. Just one last thought: please, please, HOLD ON TO THE D*** BALL! Sorry--just had to get that out of my system. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes