PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola - Limited w/Groin Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being sarcastic about no one ever seen a broken clavicle on the football field? It is an injury that happens fairly frequently. Not like every week, but there is usually several a year. Last year, Ryan Matthews, Riley Cooper, and Charles Woodson broke their clavicles along with Amendola. Marquise Colston and Jason Campbell broke their clavicles in 2011. Tony Romo broke his in 2010. Chief rookie Sanders Commings broke his in minicamp this year.

Clavicle injuries aren't uncommon. Amendola's specific kind is, though. It went in rather than out and came dangerously close to hitting his aorta. There's no history of that kind of injury ever happening in the NFL before.

for now I will hold my judgement cause it is the pats and BB will have half the roster listed as questionable with some BS injure LOL

"injury prone is injury prone" as if it's a scientific term and not some vague nonsense used to describe the inevitably high variance of injuries from one person to another over a short period of time in a wildly violent sport.

That's right up there with other Deus classics like "a reach is a reach" and <insert terribly wrong opinion here> and I'll just leave it at that."

Giant lol @ him being "quite possibly the smartest dude on this forum."

Clavicle injuries aren't uncommon. Amendola's specific kind is, though. It went in rather than out and came dangerously close to hitting his aorta. There's no history of that kind of injury ever happening in the NFL before.

Yes, the specific injury is unusual, but clavicle injuries are not uncommon. But every injury is unique. This one was just extreme in how it is unique.

No one expected this guy to play a full season right? We will be lucky to half a season from him before he goes in the IR.

he'll be fine and play week one...I don't see the big worry here.

At this point in time though, I personally would like to see a bigger sample size as I feel that he's somewhat on the fence. We've got 2 seasons where he did fine, and 2 that he suffered injuries in. Even last year he still appeared in 11 games, so I don't think it really points to a worthless season. I think the next couple of seasons will likely answer the question one way or another.

In the meantime, it will continue to be a valid debate no matter what side you choose to take (IMO).

I strongly agree with this.

"Injury Prone" with regard to the sport isn't necessarily about a nagging repeated injury. And it's not about connecting dots throughout a person's life (broken finger at work, strained back at home, etc.) Some players SEEMINGLY get hurt more DURING A FOOTBALL GAME than others. Is it because of how the player plays? Don't know. Is it physiological? Don't know. But some players have the "injury bug" and miss games every year. And if it's a high production player, this can hurt the team greatly.

This phenomenon is a valid concern and it's foolhardy to suggest otherwise. Football teams themselves worry about this- it was suggested that this very thing affected Amendola's contract potential.

Do we know if Amendola is this type of player? No, I don't think we do yet. But at some point if he misses more time this season and he starts looking and walking like a duck, he may be rightfully labeled a duck.

It's well within the purview of a fan to worry about this and it doesn't make someone a negative Nancy, troll, or the like. The sky isn't falling, but if he misses game 1, I don't think it's insanity to think the engine light is on either.

No one expected this guy to play a full season right? We will be lucky to half a season from him before he goes in the IR.
We can't expect him to do something he's done twice in four seasons?

Just for Danny Amendola:

Tesla - Hang tough (Comin´ atcha Live! 2008) - YouTube

You gotta give it your best shot.
Give it ev'rything you got.
Oh, you gotta hang tough.
Hang tough. Hang tough.
When the goin' gets rough.
Hang tough. You got to give it all you've got.
Hang tough. Keep your head above the ground.
Don't you let it get you down.
Oh, you gotta hang tough.
Hey! Oh! Hey! Oh!

It's just sad to see quite possibly the smartest dude on this forum taking leave of his senses.

Let me violate some HIPAA laws: I have broken a finger playing football. I got tendinitis in my knee in my 20s from too much sitting at a computer. A kid jumped on me from 4 feet above when I was 14 and I tore muscles in my lower back. I got 2 fingers caught in a skil saw while lobstering.

That all happened in the span of 6 years. You could say I was injury prone but then you'd have to explain how one injury had anything to do with the other.

If you can't do that with Amendola then calling him injury prone is being willfully ignorant because you want to be right about how wrong it was to let Wes walk.
Leave me out of it.

Let me violate some HIPAA laws: I have broken a finger playing football.

As a minor point, HIPAA doesn't forbid YOU from disclosing your own medical history; it prevents other people from disclosing your health information to other parties. (This is why if you apply for life insurance that requires medical information, you have to sign a HIPAA waiver to allow the insurance company to access that information.)

I dunno the fact that it was just disclosed is probably BB injury report "business as usual" shenanigans.

If he does not make it back by week 2 , then the worrying can start.

Keep in mind there are two possibilites here

Amendola is either actually hurt

Or he's not

If he were hurt I'd expect Belichick to do everything possible to avoid disclosing it

If he were not hurt I'd expect Belichick to have him listed with an injury a la Tom Brady's shoulder

As a minor point, HIPAA doesn't forbid YOU from disclosing your own medical history; it prevents other people from disclosing health information to other parties. (This is why if you apply for life insurance that requires medical information, you have to sign a HIPAA waiver to allow the insurance company to access that information.)

I made this same point about a month ago in regards to the Tampa Bay infection thingy that they had going on. I would guess that given injury reporting requirements that players must waive at least some of their HIPPA rights as part of a standard contract.

And apparently 'thingy' is an actual word because spell check ignores it.

Amendola is injured?

Water is wet?

As a minor point, HIPAA doesn't forbid YOU from disclosing your own medical history; it prevents other people from disclosing your health information to other parties. (This is why if you apply for life insurance that requires medical information, you have to sign a HIPAA waiver to allow the insurance company to access that information.)

My advice would be to not take much of what I post as serious, unless I am being serious. And even then you can probably disregard. I'm just here for the post count and to argue with mods. My wife's a nurse so I'm used to having the finer details of HIPAA shrieked at me (we only talk in shrieks)

I have broken a finger playing football. I got tendinitis in my knee in my 20s from too much sitting at a computer. A kid jumped on me from 4 feet above when I was 14 and I tore muscles in my lower back. I got 2 fingers caught in a skil saw while lobstering.

That all happened in the span of 6 years. You could say I was injury prone but then you'd have to explain how one injury had anything to do with the other.

Chit happens. I know your fortune (or lack thereof).

I hope that DA has a healthy and productive career as a Pat.

I made this same point about a month ago in regards to the Tampa Bay infection thingy that they had going on. I would guess that given injury reporting requirements that players must waive at least some of their HIPPA rights as part of a standard contract.

And apparently 'thingy' is an actual word because spell check ignores it.

I'm the one who brought that up.

And thingy is a real word. A big, huge...word. At least mine is. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results