PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitch

On the Roster
Reaction score
I guess for the 1st time since they began it the Kick off game will not be in Foxboro (No Ozzy...oh well)

We do play the NFC North and someone correct me if I am wrong but Denver will be coming to New England next fall. That should be interesting.

2006 schedule

The Denver/Patriots game could very well be interesting. But that interest will have nothing to do with what happened this season. It won't be some kind of revenge game, though I am sure the media and some fans will try and bill it as such.

By the time Denver and the Patriots meet next season, the teams will be extremely different. The Pats and Denver could have as many as 15 different players playing on each team.

DaBruinz said:
The Denver/Patriots game could very well be interesting. But that interest will have nothing to do with what happened this season. It won't be some kind of revenge game, though I am sure the media and some fans will try and bill it as such.

By the time Denver and the Patriots meet next season, the teams will be extremely different. The Pats and Denver could have as many as 15 different players playing on each team.

Unfortuneatly, you CANNOT have a revenge game as a regular season game. This is something Colts fans do not understand.

The worse was Carolina when they played the Pats in the Pre-season a couple of years ago like it was the Super Bowl again.

I like our schedule next year when you consider 9 of the 16 games will be against first year coaches. I guess a pessimist could look at that and say those are nine games that BB does not have a ton of tendencies to go with.

Patriots record next season: 13-3. Am I early?

toughest game
at cincy

As long as Denver doesn't win the Super Bowl that Denver matchup could be the Sunday night NBC opener.

Pat's 2006 Schedule:

Home:

Buffalo
Miami
New York (Jets)
Houston
Indianapolis
Denver
Chicago
Detroit

Road:

Buffalo
Miami
New York (Jets)
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Cincinnati
Green Bay
Minnesota

Not that bad, especially the road games!

Before we go "chalking up" any wins for next season, lets see how teams do in the off-season. I think that the Vikings are very close to being a very good team. And the Bears definitely showed alot this year. The Lions will have a ton of talent on offense. Unfortunately, they have Matt Millen there who can't seem to find the glue to hold everything together.

The AFC South may or may not be a pushover either. Jacksonville is a good team that was hurt by injuries much like we were. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Colts. With so many of their GOOD players up for free agnecy and them already tight against the salary cap with not much wiggle room because of the guaranteed money they have handed out. It will be interesting to see what Kubiak does in the off-season, though any team that employs Bobby Grier as a consultant regarding player moves has an uphill battle to get good players.

The AFC East will be tough again next year. The Jets and Pats were decimated by injuries. Miami put together a nice 1st season for Saban, though they are getting old and have some big free agents. The Bills, if they get a good coach, could pose problems as well.

Denver and Cincy will not be cake walks even if Cincy loses Palmer for the entire season.

DaBruinz said:

That depends... if the Broncos get to the Super Bowl with this team, they'll probably do a few "we'll pay ya some money under the table later..." kinda deals to get around the salary cap again... :p

its too early and hard to say whos gonna be a hard team to beat next year and who isnt. i thought going into the year the jets would be really hard for us, but then chad got hurt and they were a bottom team. i would have thought chicago was an easy win but they got a bye week. ya know. id bet the patriots will be in the thick of the super bowl hunt next year again unless brady gets hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft