PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

100 mocks looked at!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I looked at 100 mocks (most on football futures forum) and here are the results let me know you opinions

James Laurinitis 34 (once at 18)
Darren McFadden 32
Malcolm Jenkins 9
Jake Long 6
Antoine Cason 5
Chris Long 4
Kenny Phillips 3
Vernon Gholston 3
Glenn Dorsey
Derrick Harvey
Calias Campbell
Keith Rivers (at 20)
Jonathon Stewart (at 31)
Reggie Smith(at 24)
Quentin Groves(at 31)
Dan Connor

11 trades
1st from 2 to 6 pats get a second and a 4th
2nd from2 to 6 no other details
3rd #2 overall and 2nd rd. pick to Cincinnati for #6 and Chad Johnson
4th NE sends #2 overall to Houston for #12, a 2nd, and next years #1
5th Trade #2 Pick and Kevin Faulk for Terrence Newman and picks #20 and #31
6th N.E. sends pick #4 to Dallas for picks #24, #31 , their second round pick.
7th Patriots trade to Minnesota
8th NE trades CB Asante Samuel to KC for 18th overall pick.
9th ATL trades CB Deangelo Hall, 2nd round pick (39th overall) to NE for 12th overall pick
10th Asante Samuel traded to Kansas City for pick 10 (Laurinitis and Jenkins in this draft)
11th New England trades the #4 overall pick (1800 pts) to Carolina in exchange for the #10 overall pick (1300 pts) plus their 2nd round pick (#42 - 480 pts) and their 6th round pick (#170 - 24.4 pts)

Last edited:
I feel better about my draft obsession now... you have problems :)

Nice work.

I would toss the two drafts that have the Pats trading Asante out the window (simply put, they don't have his rights to trade).

yeah i relized it after i processed it and i think jsut for fun i might do it once every couple of weeks

I said Laurinaitis in my first mock and I was called crazy, I said McFadden in my most recent mock and I've been called crazy. Either way, I think the Pats go McFadden, Laruinaitis, or Gholston with their first pick.

If the PAts are sitting there at #2 with eyes on McFadden, I can envision another team trying to finagle a trade with the Dolphins for the #1 spot......

No team is going to know who the Patriots are lookig at and there will be plenty of teams looking to trade up to get him or one of the top QBs espcally if the pick ends up being like 4 or 5 whichit still might be

Someone has us trading for Chad Johnson??? I don't see that.

It may be that the number one pick could be used to pick us up a veteran LB (under the age of 29)

So 33 mocks have the Pats taking Son of Animal at #2, and the other has him going to the Pats at #18? Or did you just not include all the trade possibilities? Laurenaitis at #2 is nutty. No, daffy. Definitely daffy. (Never mind, I get it now)

We're going to trade Kevin Faulk? That's even more daffy.

I do like trade scenario #11. Very much. Number 4 as well.

Last edited:
Laurenaitis at #2 is a huge reach and makes last year's Ginn at #9 look like a decent pick.

There was a lot and i mean a lot of then that had us taking laurinitis in the top 5 and i mention the one at 18 because it was part of a trade outside the top 10

There are about the same number of sites having the Pats take McFadden. Given BB's history on drafting linebackers, which seems more likely of the 2? Just the facts man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents