PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

‼ Robert Kraft, HoF Finalist ‼

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Gratz to Robert Kraft on making it to final round... here's to getting in the Hof Robert..

lot of guys dig on Kraft, for some legit, and many not so legit, reasons... don't rightly care... He's the best owner this team has ever had, one of the best in the NFL...

Last edited:
He has been loyal to the other 31. So yay, I guess.

I'm glad he bought the team, that's for sure. Rather it was Stanley Morgan getting in.

And hey, if Charlie Bidwell, Pat Bowlen, Al Davis & Jerrah are already in, then what about Bob?

And if he's elected, it sure will tug on my heartstrings.
Understand Captain America GIF

Yeah yeah ... All the little jabs at the guy who took a gamble and forced the hand of Orthwein and single handedly kept this team in New England...

Otherwise we all be rooting for the St Louis Stallions...

Bunch of ungrateful letches I say...

Embarrassed Shame GIF

He has been among the top of making money for the greedy league.
And while spending the least cash on players of any owner in the league. He should be their poster boy.
NFL owners are mostly excellent examples of really terrible people.

Robert Kraft has his way of doing business. He is, like most successful businessmen, rigid, egotistical, and cheap*.

*Cheap, in the sense that he (they) strip down to minimal spending on things like paying employees and amenities for players, employees and fans; yet at the same time spending extravagantly on useless and/or unnecessary and irrelevant superfluous expenses and projects which he (they) personally like or think will make them look good. So, authority is the primary driver. "I pay the bills, it's MY team."

So all the rhetoric about the fans is just that and nothing more.

Conclusion? Mr. Kraft has made some brilliant decisions, he's a nice man, and he cares about the Patriots.

- Purchasing the stadium lease at auction, outbidding the smug owners.

- Keeping the stadium lease, refusing to sell at a nice profit.

- In what has been described as a hostile takeover (?), paying Orthwein a record sum to buy the team and keep it here. In Robert's own words, “I probably broke every one of my personal financial rules.”

- Made an amazingly lucrative deal with the city of Hartford to move the team, which included an escape clause which he exercised when the league and state government decided they didn't want to lose the profits from the Boston media market.

- Proceeded to get CMGI Field/Gillette Stadium built

- Made up for driving Bill Parcells out of town by eventually getting his protégé Bill Belichick anyway, though it cost a draft pick and some money.

That's it. The rest of it, which includes some pretty bad mishandling/nonhandling of team affairs, doesn't erase the above. And there are six Super Bowl titles to show for it. Nothing can take that away.

I think Robert Kraft is definitely an upgrade over founder Billy Sullivan, though it's a low bar in some respects.

But Billy's good, smart, successful decisions are not appreciated locally, due mainly to the media.

Team on field accomplishments should not be affected by ownership behavior, as the Patriots' first thirty years have.

Business-wise, sports are about putting fannies in the seats and getting them to turn on the TV to watch. Those people care about the team, its players and their performance - not whoever the owner happens to be.

NFL owners are mostly excellent examples of really terrible people.

Robert Kraft has his way of doing business. He is, like most successful businessmen, rigid, egotistical, and cheap*.

*Cheap, in the sense that he (they) strip down to minimal spending on things like paying employees and amenities for players, employees and fans; yet at the same time spending extravagantly on useless and/or unnecessary and irrelevant superfluous expenses and projects which he (they) personally like or think will make them look good. So, authority is the primary driver. "I pay the bills, it's MY team."

So all the rhetoric about the fans is just that and nothing more.

Conclusion? Mr. Kraft has made some brilliant decisions, he's a nice man, and he cares about the Patriots.

- Purchasing the stadium lease at auction, outbidding the smug owners.

- Keeping the stadium lease, refusing to sell at a nice profit.

- In what has been described as a hostile takeover (?), paying Orthwein a record sum to buy the team and keep it here. In Robert's own words, “I probably broke every one of my personal financial rules.”

- Made an amazingly lucrative deal with the city of Hartford to move the team, which included an escape clause which he exercised when the league and state government decided they didn't want to lose the profits from the Boston media market.

- Proceeded to get CMGI Field/Gillette Stadium built

- Made up for driving Bill Parcells out of town by eventually getting his protégé Bill Belichick anyway, though it cost a draft pick and some money.

That's it. The rest of it, which includes some pretty bad mishandling/nonhandling of team affairs, doesn't erase the above. And there are six Super Bowl titles to show for it. Nothing can take that away.

I think Robert Kraft is definitely an upgrade over founder Billy Sullivan, though it's a low bar in some respects.

But Billy's good, smart, successful decisions are not appreciated locally, due mainly to the media.

Team on field accomplishments should not be affected by ownership behavior, as the Patriots' first thirty years have.

Business-wise, sports are about putting fannies in the seats and getting them to turn on the TV to watch. Those people care about the team, its players and their performance - not whoever the owner happens to be.
The Sullivans might still own the team, had they not lost their ass investing in the Victory Tour.

He came to a franchise that made the Super Bowl once in history prior (and got blown out) and over the next 25 years saw them go to 10 and win 6. Owners have gotten in for doing half as much

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back