PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zappe is back as QB2 Corral on Reserve/Left Squad list

BB: "Matt, Commissioner Goodell tried to f*ck us by changing the game-day rules at the last minute, so here's what we're going to do.....I want you to take off for a couple of days but we'll pretend that you didn't tell us that you were going to go out of town. That way, we can put you on this list that only I know about, so that we won't have to cut you and risk losing you on waivers but you won't take up a roster spot this weekend. We'll reactivate you early next week and you'll have more time to study the playbook, so that we can make you the backup to Mac as early as week 2."
My first thought when I heard about the Exempt / Left Nut was that this was not the Flu but the "Foxborough Furlough."

More on this below. Looking at the fine print, it could be a sly way of keeping Corral away from other teams while off the roster. No one else can sign him under this AWOL designation but he can return to the Patriots at any time. Or, he simply had a meltdown and took off.

It could be. But he's clearly on the list because he didn't show up and they need zappe available

I’m reading this as they did contact him after the 2 days. Hope we hear an update.

That’s tough.
imagine all the work and practice and training that getting to the NFL demands. And then the turmoil that would lead you to walk away.
And yet we have Andre Agassi saying he hated tennis, just did it because he happened to be good at it and because his family pressured him.

I knew a kid in high school who had the size and speed for basketball, was good at it, but didn't play simply because he was more into other things.

Drove his friends and family nuts, but lucky for him his parents supported his choices.

Everything is fine though..per some posters....just genius moves by bill.

Seems more likely that they prefer corral over zappe but he's gone AWOL so they have no choice but to bring zappe back up.

This isn't "roster maneuvering".
Glad to see the "glass half empty" crowd is being represented.

Story has the look of someone who BB hopes is competing with Mac at some point for the starter role….

I’m reading this as they did contact him after the 2 days. Hope we hear an update.

I don’t care if we get an update, I just hope he gets whatever care and support he needs.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back