• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is a simple poll asking how you feellabout the NE sports media covering the Patriots.

It's about as valid as the poll asking if you have faith in the Patriots fron office.

I come HERE first. What does that tell you? lol

I voted for the last one. They somehow seem to make themselves a part of the story. Now, let's face it there is a big difference between a beat reporter and a columnist. But they seem to drive wedges and stir up trouble just to get more news...horrible.

We have always gottten the crap articles...but without the internet and sites like this one....we would be way out in the woods on info.

Gresh is on NEST right now. He should have his own catagory.

Ever notice he talks like Sylvester the cat?

Some are good...Curran, Reiss...others are horrible..Borges, Cafardo...and Felger is leaning that way as well.

I don't have an opinion on this subject: I reside in Florida. :rocker:

Can I ask a fair question? Say BB retires, Pioli leaves and the Pats get some idiot coach. Would you guys be okay if the media just followed orders and said everything is fine? I doubt it. You would be yelling and screaming that they aren't getting on these morons. The media's job is to have two sides to everything. You guys always talk about good journalism but it's not good journalism if all the reporters follow BB like sheep and that's what they do. For instance, no one confronted him about Seymour not playing FB after he came back from injury. BB always said that Sey was the best at playing goal line FB and yet when he returned after getting hurt from playing FB, no one had the balls to ask BB why he wasn't being used in the same role as before if all plays are equally as important. Had something changed along the way? He said when Bruschi came back for his first game that he had him plaing special teams because those plays are just as important during a game. No one ever questions BB at one of his press conferences when something goes wrong. They are all scared to ask him the tough questions. That's not good journalism either and trust me, Little Bill in NY won't get that same ***** treatment from their media. So, if we had another coach who wasn't as successful, would you want the media to sit back and say, "That's how the Patriots do things. Don't question it." I'm just wondering.

patriotsrule said:
Can I ask a fair question? Say BB retires, Pioli leaves and the Pats get some idiot coach. Would you guys be okay if the media just followed orders and said everything is fine? I doubt it. You would be yelling and screaming that they aren't getting on these morons. The media's job is to have two sides to everything. You guys always talk about good journalism but it's not good journalism if all the reporters follow BB like sheep and that's what they do. For instance, no one confronted him about Seymour not playing FB after he came back from injury. BB always said that Sey was the best at playing goal line FB and yet when he returned after getting hurt from playing FB, no one had the balls to ask BB why he wasn't being used in the same role as before if all plays are equally as important. Had something changed along the way? He said when Bruschi came back for his first game that he had him plaing special teams because those plays are just as important during a game. No one ever questions BB at one of his press conferences when something goes wrong. They are all scared to ask him the tough questions. That's not good journalism either and trust me, Little Bill in NY won't get that same ***** treatment from their media. So, if we had another coach who wasn't as successful, would you want the media to sit back and say, "That's how the Patriots do things. Don't question it." I'm just wondering.

They all saw what happened to Borges and they don't want to get the same treatment. The annoying thing is, they leave certain questions alone and then take a contrarian POV when they write their stuff. IMO, very few have their own informed opinions, they watch to see what creates a buzz, and then jump on board. I'm amazed they are still rehashing AV. Should they have paid him? Is he over the hill? Why haven't they signed a vet? Please. If Seymour and Branch get extended, it's worth it.

patriotsrule said:

If cow's could fly? What's your point? It shouldn't matter who the coach is. If they have legitimate questions ask them.

Is good "journalism" rumor mongering? Is good "journalism" making a big story of a non-event?

And, BTW, reporters did question him about using Seymour as a FB. And, they second guessed the move to death,after the fact. They never questioned it BEFORE he got injured.

PATSNUTme said:
Gresh is on NEST right now.
PATSNUTme said:
He should have his own catagory.​
:yeahthat:​
Ever notice he talks like Sylvester the cat?​
Yeah Slobbering Laboto-me-yites
I used to laugh my "A" off when he would come in last every season on the football game contest...the self-annointed NFL expert because he played like 2 years at the U.R.High​

Last edited:
F.B.N. said:
Yeah Slobbering Laboto-me-yites

I used to laugh my "A" off when he would come in last every season on the football game contest...the self-annointed NFL expert because he played like 2 years at the U.R.High​

I would just love to hear him say "Suffering Suckertash", just once.

I have no problem with a reporter critisizing a teams moves - but when there is an "agenda" and when that "agenda" is personal (see Borges and a lesser degree, Carfardo) well, then there is no place for them in my opinion. They have crossed the line and lost all credibility as far as I am concerned.

Pats726 said:
Some are good...Curran, Reiss...others are horrible..Borges, Cafardo...and Felger is leaning that way as well.

I agree completely, particularly the good writers who consistently understand this team, write and speak coherently. The rest are complete idiots...tough to give a general answer on this poll...

After the "BB in violating for leaving so the media can't ask him stupid questions" story, does anyone want to change their vote?

I know you guys will laugh at me for this but I like Felger. A lot. Both on NEST and in the Herald. After that I'd say Reiss then Curran, then I really don't care.

Not good for much anymore... Can always visit this site or one of the "other" ones for factual info like signings.

As far as opinions go? most don't have any better opinions than the fans that visit these sites, but have the guise of validity because of their job title.

For every Mike Reiss that is straight up you got 3 or 4 Ronald McDonalds... I mean Borges.

Patsrule, that is a fair question. In fact, the whole "In Bill We Trust" phrase came out of the precursor to that question, i.e., the way the Pats do business.

It's tough to cover NE football. Think about it.

You have moves that, for any other team, stink of bad planning. But the Pats have a track record of "knowing something you don't know," from the Brady/Bledsoe "controversy" on down.

So how to cover the crazy Pats decisions? The only thing I can say is, they are fully justified in being cautious. Part of the facts here include the Pats' track record on personnel.

No objective journalist can write a column saying "the Pats suddenly have no idea how to handle free agency/draft/trades." The best they can do is say "Oh boy now they've gone to far," knowing, of course, it's likely they'll be proven wrong. (This "perception around the league that the Pats are cheap" concept is the latest trial balloon on this front.)

I'd say the very fact that people here know and hate a whole slew of NE sports reporter names is a good sign. That means they're out there trying not to be "homers." Hey, people here - a Pats fan board - will even bring you up short if you have no backup for what you're saying.

The point being, they try. God knows they try. But when they make the point that the Pats are losing it, they're usually rewarded with "writer's remorse" a short time later, and end up thanking God that, while people save Super Bowl programs their whole lives, daily newspapers are used to line bird cages.

PFnV

Well, here's another one. Alan Greenberg, who I always thought was a good reporter, just reffered to BB's "arrogance of self confidence" in regards to the FA period.

According to Greenberg, BB made a "big mistake" in the Adam situation.

I want to change my vote.

Last edited:
Who voted fair and informative? Curran, was that you?

I will say that Michael Holly seems to be a voice of reason. When Felger started his "is the window of trust closing on BB" segment tonight. Holly said looked amazed at the question and said that BB will coach here as many years as he want to coach in the NFL.

Last edited:
Too much Jack Daniels...again!

Here's a thought ...as a charity event Gresh vs Borges in a steel cage death match. They are a couple of cowardly bullies who in the right circumstances would certainly come to blows (even though Gresh is not a crippled old man). I'd pay good money to see that.

That Smith guy when he was here had no problem writing informative pieces that often questioned the Pats decisions. Why can't others follow his lead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back