PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your first 3 picks and why

Status
Not open for further replies.
RB, CB, OT, DT/DE

LB can wait till the later rounds, especially since we signed Steward from Buffalo today.

WR, to me, isn't that pressing with Hogan and Washington in the fold. Can wait for the later rounds with this position also.

Last edited:
2nd #60 - RB - Kenneth Dixon
This isn't a rushing league anymore but its still very helpful to have a young, talented RB to help balance out the offense. Brady is almost 39, so anything that can take some pressure off, even if he doesn't need it, will only help the offense as a whole be more productive

2nd # 61 - DT -- Javon Hargrave or OT -- Joe Dahl
Malcolm Brown is great, but Branch is up there in age and Knighton is a 1 year rental.. and i don't have a lot of confidence in guys like Vellano or Kuhn having to step into a bigger role due to an injury... or 2....

OT because Vollmer is getting up there and has had some injuries start to accumulate more and more these last few years.. Solder is a solid tackle, but his long term future is still unclear with 2016 being his last under contract with the team. At worse, this pick could hopefully be groomed to take 1 of the 2 tackle positions, and in the mean time be that Swing tackle that Cannon has failed miserably at so far

3rd # 90 - WR -- Braxton Miller or CB -- Sean Davis
Still need a big, outside WR... Dobson has disappointed, Nate Washington isn't a long term answer..

Corner with the assumption that they lock Butler up long term.. Logan Ryan is solid on the other side but hes a FA after this year and might get seriously paid in FA.. which could net us a 4th or 3rd comp pick in 2018.. We have Roberts and Coleman.. one of them would need to step up into that #2 role, but Coleman might be better suited as a nickle corner.. Beyond those guys though, this group is not deep at all

Other Positions
DE -- I don't think we're in horrible shape at DE for the 2016 season.. i guess a lot will depend on if any of the 3 rookies they got last year in Grissom, Flowers or Johnson can step into a larger role.. but in the mean time, having Chris Long, Jabaal Sheard and Rob Ninkovich is not an awful thing,.. thats a pretty solid group, and Hightower/Collins are very effective inside blitzers as well, so I think we'll be able to generate pressure

LB -- Linebacker is in need of some depth, but we also have 2 studs in Hightower and Collins.. not a lot of defenses can say that about their linebacking group.. but yes, we certainly need to increase the depth of this position, I just would't put it as a TOP priority with 2 studs as starters, plus a veteran in McClellin, plus Bostic who we traded for last year and appears to be still in the plans... and Freeny was ok last year, with another training camp under him he can hopefully improve into a quality starter/rotational LB

I'd be good with this, but it's difficult to imagine either Braxton Miller or Sean Davis being there near the end of the 3rd round.

I respect those who can project this or any draft all the way into the 3 round, there are too many players, too many variables and too many possibilities to wrap my brain around..

As Pats fans in attendance at draft chant Roooooggggger during our picks we select:p:mad:

2nd #60. ROGER Lewis... WR Bowling Green
2nd #61. ROGER Stewart... DT Hillsdale
3rd. #91. Jessie ROGERS..... DE North Carolina

I'd be good with this, but it's difficult to imagine either Braxton Miller or Sean Davis being there near the end of the 3rd round.

Yea thats a bit of a crap shoot in guessing where they'll end up being drafted at.. Would probly have to take Sean Davis or Miller with one of those 2nd rounders, Dahl or Hargrave cold potentially fall to the 3rd but who knows

They have 11 picks though, so they have the draft capital to move around in each of the rounds to get the players they covet at least.. BB needs to be on his game for this draft, its a very important one!

The biggest positional needs should be drafted with the first three picks... OT, DT, RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes