PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* Ye Official 2012 Mock Draft Thread!! *

The ATippett56 Last Ditch 2012 NFL Mock Draft! :D

You want offense, then go away! :eek:

2012 New England Patriots Potential Draft Scenario with potential possibilities:

#27 Shea McClellin, Andre Branch
#31 Trade with the Eagles for #51, #200 and a 2013 2nd Round Draft Pick
#48, #51 Trade with the Vikings for #35, #66
#35 Kendall Reyes, Devon Still
#62 Jamell Fleming, Alfonzo Dennard (possible conversions to safety)
#66 Josh Chapman (PUP/IR Candidate), Alameda Ta'amu
#93 Marvin Jones, Greg Childs, Cyrus Gray, Robert Turbin, Ron Brooks
#126 Ryan Broyles (PUP/IR Candidate)
#200 Tony Dye, Jerron McMillian

Preferences bolded

Now, if the New England Patriots could find a sucker to trade Ron Brace for at least a seventh round draft pick. Calling Al Davis from the grave!

P.S. I really hate this safety draft class!

Another fine draft. McLellin's alleged concussions aren't a problem for you with a first round pick?

Another fine draft. McLellin's alleged concussions aren't a problem for you with a first round pick?
It's really tough to predict the New England Patriots first round pick with the #27 overall selection.

I don't get any feel about the New England Patriots view of Dont'a Hightower or Shea McClellin or Andre Branch or Vinny Curry or Chandler Jones as 2012 NFL draft prospects. If Dont'a Hightower could effectively rush the passer from the 3-4 outside linebacker position, he would be my choice due to scheme familiarity and scheme versatility. However, Hightower was not utilized as the main outside pass rush threat at Alabama.

In the meantime, Courtney Upshaw seems to be eating his way out of the 3-4 outside linebacker position.

I can only really see 3 teams that are optimally good potential QB Trade Partners:

1 ~ Beefalo
2 ~ Fish
3 ~ Browns

I PRAY someone will persuade me that there is MORE...:D

I would add KC and remove Buffalo (Fitzgerald just got a big contract and was piloting a wounded team). That being said, there are problems with all 3 teams:
- I believe Miami is prohibited by Florida law from trading a 2nd round pick for an unproven QB
- Can't imagine KC trading a 2nd round pick to NE to replace a guy obtained by trading a 2nd round pick to NE
- Cleveland is the best opportunity but it seems like a longshot. Not sure they would see Hoyer as a slamdunk upgrade over McCoy and I doubt the Pats part with Mallett for less than a 1st round pick (and that ain't happening with the Browns).

So Hoyer will play out his contract but not because the Pats won't trade him. The Pats almost certainly won't get a reasonable trade offer for him.

But as it is, that is a VERY thin Market...which is why ~ even though NOBODY is pounding the table harder than me on trading BOTH Hoyer and Mallett ~ I have an hard time buying the notion that teams will be beating down our DOOR for those guys...MIND you...

That's STILL plenty of room for us to roll Hoyer and Mallet for #67 and #72 and a bit of change!! :D[/QUOTE]

It's really tough to predict the New England Patriots first round pick with the #27 overall selection.

I don't get any feel about the New England Patriots view of Dont'a Hightower or Shea McClellin or Andre Branch or Vinny Curry or Chandler Jones as 2012 NFL draft prospects. If Dont'a Hightower could effectively rush the passer from the 3-4 outside linebacker position, he would be my choice due to scheme familiarity and scheme versatility. However, Hightower was not utilized as the main outside pass rush threat at Alabama.

In the meantime, Courtney Upshaw seems to be eating his way out of the 3-4 outside linebacker position.

From what I've read around the 'Net, the Patriots like C.Jones (defensive end/elephant LB would be my guess on how they play him.) Lombardi said they like McLellin and would think about him in Rd 1 if their 'other guys' aren't there. I don't know who their other guys might be. In this forum a poster (forget the handle sorry!) said they heard the Pats are high on Curry. Seems a stretch at 27. But unless someone drops there aren't a lot of defensive players left that fit our scheme with a 1st round grade. Unless we plan on running more 4-3, then guys like Worthy and Still who may still be on the board are out of the equation as they probably won't be effective playing 5 technique.

Last edited:
How about Orange Crush? Remember the old Broncos?

We could take two Clemson players in the first, Andre Branch and Brandon Thompson. Both can play 3-4 or 4-3.

Am I being a silly orange Kermit the Frog?

Then in the second Jamell Fleming and George Iloka.

And someway, somehow Bruce Irvin, who will register more sacks in his New England career than Andre Tippett's 100.

Kellen Moore is QB3 behind Mallet, Witt is Practice squad QB.
Broyles goes on PUP List, Coale replaces Mesko.
icigax.jpg

Love your Work, Brother Avenger. :cool:

And I love most of this extremely creative Mock.

But I consider even the suggestion of replacing Zoltan The Space Emperor (of Space) indefensible. :mad:

But I consider even the suggestion of replacing Zoltan The Space Emperor (of Space) indefensible. :mad:

I love Mesko but teams punt too much in the NFL, I place a higher premium on offense. Maybe we could stash one on the PUP list.

I'd swap him out for Brad Wing, the punter from LSU whenever he comes out. My God! that man can punt.

This is what I could see happening

1st Round; #27 Overall
Trade Pick to Dallas for #45 Overall and a 2013 1st Round Pick
(Dallas Takes Harrison Smith, S, ND after missing out on Mark Barron earlier in the Draft)

1st Round; #31 Overall
Shea McClellin, DE/OLB, Boise State
I've heard a lot of comparisons to Mike Vrabel. I have no idea how valid those comparisons are, but from what I've seen of him he's a very smart, solid player who can provide some pass rush and stop the run.

2nd Round; #45 Overall
Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida/North Alabama
Arguably the 2nd best CB in the Draft falls because of off the field concerns and Belichick snatches him up. A lot of people think he is going to end up being a very good pro and some of his character concerns are a tad overblown. I'd love him on the Pats. He can flat out cover guys.

2nd Round; #48 Overall Trade
We trade this pick to Tennessee in exchange for #52 Overall and a 4th Round Pick (#115 Overall)

2nd Round; #52 Overall
Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
BB loading up on CBs! A huge reason I think BB will target him other than him being an outstanding corner is because of his special teams abilities. We all know how much Bill loves 4 down players. :singing:

2nd Round; #62 Overall
Ben Jones, Center, Georgia
Store this one away for future use.

3rd Round; #93 Overall
Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
High effort high motor player. I really really want this guy.

4th Round; #115 Overall (from the Tennessee trade earlier)
Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State
Need some depth at the safety spot. Martin seems like he's a pretty intelligent football player who can cover some space out there.

If we did something like this I'd be satisfied. Beef up the defense and get a Center for Dante to work his magic on for a year.

Last edited:

1st Round; #27 Overall
(Dallas Takes Harrison Smith, S, ND after missing out on Mark Barron earlier in the Draft)

1st Round; #31 Overall
I've heard a lot of comparisons to Mike Vrabel. I have no idea how valid those comparisons are, but from what I've seen of him he's a very smart, solid player who can provide some pass rush and stop the run.

2nd Round; #45 Overall
Arguably the 2nd best CB in the Draft falls because of off the field concerns and Belichick snatches him up. A lot of people think he is going to end up being a very good pro and some of his character concerns are a tad overblown. I'd love him on the Pats. He can flat out cover guys.

We trade this pick to Tennessee in exchange for #52 Overall and a 4th Round Pick (#115 Overall)

2nd Round; #52 Overall
BB loading up on CBs! A huge reason I think BB will target him other than him being an outstanding corner is because of his special teams abilities. We all know how much Bill loves 4 down players. :singing:

2nd Round; #62 Overall

3rd Round; #93 Overall

Need some depth at the safety spot. Martin seems like he's a pretty intelligent football player who can cover some space out there.

If we did something like this I'd be satisfied. Beef up the defense and get a Center for Dante to work his magic on for a year.

Unlike some here I'm not that high McClellin, I'd rather them to take Smith or trade completely out of the 1st and pick up Curry and Irvin in the second double dipping at OLB/DE. I'd be OK with the Jenkins pick and I LOVE the Boykin pick, he would be a boon to our return game and contribute as a slot corner with Dowling and Jenkins as CB1 and CB2. If we take a DT I like Josh Chapman over Wolfe, he performed in a similar 'Bama system. If Jenkins, Dowling and Boykin are the 3 top corners then Safety looks pretty good sliding McCourty into the rotation with Chung and Gregory. Move Slater and Edelman into defensive back positions full time and draft a wide receiver with the 4th round pick. That would give us a defensive back depth chart of Dowling, Jenkins, McCourty, Boykin, Chung, Arrington, Gregory, Slater, Edelman in no particular order. Taking Edelman and Slater out of WR opens in up so that we can have Welker, Lloyd, Ochocinco, Stallworth, Gonzalez, Branch with Edelman and Boykin being able to fill in if needed, with Ryan Broyles on the PUP list. And if we draft a center I would rather take David Molk out of Michigan in round 5.

Last edited:
I like this site's own mock draft (all defense) much more than their interactive mock.

Frog's Football Fantasy Mock Draft

• 1.27: LB Shea McClellin, Boise State
  • 1.31: DE Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
  • 2.48: CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma
  • 2.62: S Harrison Smith, Notre Dame
  • 3.93: DT Jared Crick, Nebraska

By comparison here is their interactive mock:

Frog's Football Fantasy Interactive Mock Draft

• 1.27: CB Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
  • 1.31: DE/OLB Chandler Jones, Syracuse
  • 2.48: WR A.J. Jenkins, Illinois
  • 2.62: CB Dwight Bentley, Louisiana Lafayette
  • 3.93: DL Billy Winn, Boise State
  • 4.126: C Philip Blake, Baylor

Two corners and a WR with the first four picks?
Not a single safety?
As many offensive players as defensive front seven?

Who was making these picks?

I like this site's own mock draft (all defense) much more than their interactive mock.

Frog's Football Fantasy Mock Draft

• 1.27: LB Shea McClellin, Boise State
  • 1.31: DE Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
  • 2.48: CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma
  • 2.62: S Harrison Smith, Notre Dame
  • 3.93: DT Jared Crick, Nebraska
I'm all over that draft with a ****ty stick. Love all the picks 3 guys for the front 7 all of which can rush the passer. Fleming is my binky, he may convert to safety or just play a bit of both. Harrison Smith at the end of the 2nd round is a great pick, i think taki ng him in the first is way too early....

Needless to say if this happens on draft day im stoked.

1st Round; #27 Overall

1st Round; #31 Overall

934727226.jpg

2nd Round; #45 Overall

307904228.jpg

2nd Round; #52 Overall

719793335.jpg

2nd Round; #62 Overall

115540459.jpg

3rd Round; #93 Overall

475125955.jpg

5293625.jpg

All D and Grizzlies!! BEAUTIFULL!!! :rocker:

Not exactly how I'd do it ~ who's two Visions ARE the same?? ~ but VERY stylish!! :D

Here's my Christmas wishlist

#27 & #31 are traded back into this year and next, leaving us with

2nd round
Kendall Reyes
Amini Silatolu
Cam Johnson

3rd round
Josh Chapman
Markelle Martin

4th Round
Nate Potter

5th round
Greg Childs
Akiem Hicks

7th
Dale Moss

V 2.0

We will trade 27 for a 2nd and a 2013 1st Round Pick.

1st, Alameda Ta'amu DT 6-3 /348
Can push back the line of scrimmage, eats up lots of space.
PGS-00272155085.jpg

2nd Shea McClellin DE OLB 6-3 /260
High motor great pass rusher, good against the run.
media_94686122c6d143269f6e4c2559050325_t607.jpg

2nd LaVonte David OLB 6-1 /234
Great football player, if Woodhead could find a roll on the Pats, David will find his place too.
lavonte.jpg

2nd Dwayne Allen TE 6-4 /255
Good time to find a back up TE who can start right away. Nate can't block anymore, maybe Allen can be coached up to fill that need.
Dwayne-Allen.jpg

3rd. Brian Quick WR 6-4 /220
High reward WR, big risk. Let him compete.
Brian-Quick-624x468.jpg

Last edited:
Defensive draft option take it for what you will.
22. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
27. Traded to Browns with 31 for 22 and 37
31. See above
37. Traded to Seahawks for 43 and 106
43. Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame
48. Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall
62. Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia (if Janoris Jenkins falls here Pats may take him)
65. Brandon Boykin, CB/KR, Georgia
93. Traded to Rams with 106 and 126 for 65
106. See above
126. See above

Defensive draft option take it for what you will.
22. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
27. Traded to Browns with 31 for 22 and 37
31. See above
37. Traded to Seahawks for 43 and 106
43. Harrison Smith, S, Notre Dame
48. Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall
62. Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia (if Janoris Jenkins falls here Pats may take him)
65. Brandon Boykin, CB/KR, Georgia
93. Traded to Rams with 106 and 126 for 65
106. See above
126. See above

Not bad, but for some reason I'm guessing that BB will make a pick after #65. ;)

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back