PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I watch Mitchell, I think and see one particular player that reminds me of him. Marvin Harrison. Im surprised this comparison hasn't been mentioned more often.
If he could live up to anywhere near the player that Harrison was, thats all we could ask for and more.
God that would be a blessing. Brady finishing out his career with that type of WR talent, moving forward through Brady's heir. Lets only hope

Incase you'll forgot

I believe Dobson had a strong rookie season also. In my mind it comes down to how he progresses going forward.

Will he put in the time to learn the playbook and earn Brady's trust.
you can't reach them, you would think Mitchell was on a 1,000 yard pace and Dobson dropped three straight passes in the super bowl with how they talk about it here

made some tough catches, and dropped some...with only 2-4 targets a game, having one drop is 25% hit

and i think he's had at least 1 drop every game
Mitchell has not dropped a pass yet this year.

Steffon Diggs? anyone from draftniks?

made some tough catches, and dropped some...with only 2-4 targets a game, having one drop is 25% hit

wut.gif

• Ha Ha
Reactions: ALP
you can't reach them, you would think Mitchell was on a 1,000 yard pace and Dobson dropped three straight passes in the super bowl with how they talk about it here
Dobson had a fine rookie year and did absolutely nothing after that.

Seeing that Mitchell is off to a pretty good start and Dobson is on the couch Mitchell is better.

Cautiously hopeful this guy ends up being better than most BB drafted WRs (though BB does get em right in the 7th - Givens/Edelman).

Mitchell is looking like a rookie WR is who flashing potential in limited snaps. It's just a shame he hurt his elbow in the first preseason game, would be curious to see where his development would be without that missed time.

I definitely love the way he attacks the ball in the air and his aggressiveness with YAC. But he still looks like a rookie who needs to fine tune his route running.

I don't see consistent separation from his defender like I do with Chris Hogan, OT but Hogan is living upto to his 7-11 nickname. There was one back shoulder pass in the dolphins game where Mitchell was completely out of position and couldn't turn his body in tune to make the catch.

Hopefully he works on these finer points in his route running, cause if he does then sky is the limit.

Reactions: Ian
He looks good so far but it's a completely different game when Brady comes back. Is he on the same page with Brady? Is he running the routes to Brady's specs? If Brady is good with these things his targets will go up. Brady will get through his progressions better giving Malcolm more chances. But if Brady doesn't trust him he'll stay at one or two receptions a game until he earns the trust.

Not sure anyone is saying that. It's that Mitchell has made one key/big play in each game. So there is already a feel like "hey they might have found something with this kid". Yes there is no arguing the quantity isn't there yet but to preface that, he's only played 40% of the offensive snaps and really out of the 12 quarters played this year, 6 quarters Pats haven't run their full offense

Dobson the last 2 years didnt make a key/big play. Think he caught a deep pass against the Jags last year when the past were up like 30.

That's basically what it is

and dropped some...with only 2-4 targets a game, having one drop is 25% hit

Only pass I've seen him drop was 1 that was a little high over the middle Week 1 and that wasn't even a drop

The thing I like about Malcolm Mitchell is that the ball does not hit his hands and bounce up in the air for interceptions. He is not QB killer, and therefore QB's will continue to throw to him.

At the moment he is not consistently getting to the point where the ball is thrown. i think that will improve with experience.

Right. Forgot that. So accustomed to him not playing...:D
LOL, I was surprised it took until nearly the end of September for him to catch on some where. Not a bad player, although it's going to irritate me if he turns out to be the guy we all hoped he'd be here somewhere else ... that'll bug me ;)

Steffon Diggs? anyone from draftniks?

Stefon Diggs is somewhat of a surprise, though. He doesn't have great size, had average testing numbers (9'7 broad jump?!), and never really produced at a high level in college, although he had flashes in between his injuries. Honestly, I liked Diggs that much, but Mitchell had me intrigued. I think he can be a better player. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes