PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works :

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 5m5 minutes ago
I’m told
#Patriots WR Malcolm Mitchell declined to attend the NFLPA Rookie Premiere so he could stay home and study his playbook

The NFLPA Rookie Premiere sounds dubious to me. Instead of letting the vultures at these kids, wouldn't it be better to counsel them on how to manage their money, i.e. not blow it on cars, jewelry, homes, etc. In fact I think the whole compensation setup should be changed so that the rooks' money goes into a Trust with only a 100k or per year metered out and the rest untouchable until retirement age.

Even better :

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 2h2 hours ago
I’m told
#Patriots WR Malcolm Mitchell is the only one among 41 expected attendees who didn’t make it to NFLPA Rookie Premiere this weekend

Screw the NFL and it's stupid event.

Looking to become BB's pet.

:cool:

The NFLPA Rookie Premiere sounds dubious to me. Instead of letting the vultures at these kids, wouldn't it be better to counsel them on how to manage their money, i.e. not blow it on cars, jewelry, homes, etc. In fact I think the whole compensation setup should be changed so that the rooks' money goes into a Trust with only a 100k or per year metered out and the rest untouchable until retirement age.

Great Idea. You can't emphasize enough on how important it is to teach these young men good financial habits. Set them and there families up for the long term. This is life, it's more important than football

Great Idea. You can't emphasize enough on how important it is to teach these young men good financial habits. Set them and there families up for the long term. This is life, it's more important than football
Don't think you should force them tho, push it hard but, at the end of the day they are grown men and have to make their own decisions.

Don't think you should force them tho, push it hard but, at the end of the day they are grown men and have to make their own decisions.

But I think that they are not really grown men mentally and very few have any financial savvy. Almost all of them end up bankrupt after football; go through the list--it is appalling. What is really galls me is that if you go through the list of bankrupt ex-players, even Dan Marino, almost all of them put the majority of their bucks in a single basket, usually some restaurant deal or such unstable business instead of diversifying their investments. When that business inevitably fails, they are wiped out. Unfortunately the NFLPA Rookie Premiere seems like a place where these financial lambs will be tempted by the wolves with quick money schemes and stupid business plans....

Wolf:
"Why put your money in a mutual fund & only earn 2% when a Bunny Burgers franchise will earn you 50% a year"

Player:
"Sure bunny burgers sounds like a great idea [http://articles.latimes.com/1990-11-22/business/fi-7010_1_bunny-burgers]"

The NFL should setup something where 50-75% of the rook salary goes into an untouchable Trust.

Patriots’ Malcolm Mitchell declines Rookie Premiere invitation

We noted last week that 41 draft picks were invited to attend the annual NFL Players Association Rookie Premiere in Los Angeles, an event that serves as a good marketing opportunity for rookies. But it turns out only 40 attended.

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe reports that Patriots receiver Malcolm Mitchell was the only rookie who didn’t attend, choosing instead to stay home and study his playbook.

only rookie who was invited to decline the event. he is studying his playbook instead. yup he's a patriot alright. :)

He's made a play in every game so far. Ya he's not putting up numbers yet but he's making plays.

Week 1- 30 yard reception to setup a TD
Week 2- 3rd down conversion, that ended up putting the Pats in FG range
Week 3- 25 yard 3rd down conversion

He's made a play in every game so far. Ya he's not putting up numbers yet but he's making plays.

Week 1- 30 yard reception to setup a TD
Week 2- 3rd down conversion, that ended up putting the Pats in FG range
Week 3- 25 yard 3rd down conversion
Hes made more plays in 3 games than Dobson did in 3 years.

He looks like he could be a yards after catch beast. The catch last night and the big catch in game 1 were both excellent efforts on his part to break tackles and gain extra yards. He's gonna be a good one.

He looks like he could be a yards after catch beast. The catch last night and the big catch in game 1 were both excellent efforts on his part to break tackles and gain extra yards. He's gonna be a good one.
Next year hes a 50/800 guy...bank it.

Hes made more plays in 3 games than Dobson did in 3 years.

Makes sense, I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: he's the anti-Dobson. Everything from measurables to style of play to general strengths and weaknesses. They're polar opposites in almost every respect.

He just needs to work on making those those touch catches like the Garoppolo throw over the middle against the cards and the throw from Brissett last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back