PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way in hell Mitchell has 4 drops. I don't think he has any. The targets are passes in the vicinity of the receiver.
You're right. He doesn't have any drops.

He really could have caught a slightly high pass early vs Az - but I bet it officially was not a drop.

I remember 3, but I will save you the trouble of telling me I have scrambled eggs for brains and just say, I could be wrong.

You're right. He doesn't have any drops.

I've seen some people claim he did on his first target in week 1. I don't agree though, the pass was too high. It wasn't totally uncatchable, but it would've been a great play if he'd caught it, rather than a drop because he didn't.

He's looked good!

I remember 3, but I will save you the trouble of telling me I have scrambled eggs for brains and just say, I could be wrong.

Mitchell has 9 targets so far:

FWIW, none of them look like drops to me. The first is the closest (last in this album, no idea why they uploaded out of order), but I don't think that's the kind of ball you'd expect anyone to catch. More a great play if he does haul it down.

I like what I've seen from Mitchell so far: he contests for balls and makes tough yards after the catch. Plus he seems like a tough kid as evidenced by the way he's responded to his elbow injury and seems to be a caring, thoughtful guy off the field with his reading program.

You don't need to do that. The problem is people have different definitions of what's a drop.

Thanks for sharing that! I haven't watched the Texans game yet, but the drop I thought was a drop is more a bad throw so I can't blame him on that. Although I would like to get a better view of it.

So there's only really 1 drop. That's the last GIF, if you watch it from the end zone view it's thrown a little behind Mitchell but he still gets two hands on it and doesn't catch it.

Last edited:

FWIW, none of them look like drops to me. The first is the closest (last in this album, no idea why they uploaded out of order), but I don't think that's the kind of ball you'd expect anyone to catch. More a great play if he does haul it down.

Agreed, just like I thought no drops from Mitchell so far this year.

Sorry for the crappy shots. I don't have any video editing skills. It's the best I could do. Right before the ball hits his hands, and right after.

161b9yr.jpg

2hydd1.jpg

Yeah that one against the Cards would have been tough but I still think it's something you need to catch.

Yeah that one against the Cards would have been tough but I still think it's something you need to catch.
If it's tough, then by definition it's not a drop. Just a close incompletion.

EXCELLENT job there sir, uploading the gifs

a tough catch doesn't mean it's not a drop...if the ball touches both your hands, its a drop...theres no other definitions with it

looking at those shots theres two drops, the one up high in the cards game 1st Q 2 min left
and the other drop is the fins game 2nd Q 8 min left (hits two hands, changes trajectory)

the others missed seem to be bad throws, but the gifs are seem at be more sped up on those i cant even tell where the ball ended up

tally: 4 catches, 3 bad throws, 2 drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft