PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way in hell Mitchell has 4 drops. I don't think he has any. The targets are passes in the vicinity of the receiver.
You're right. He doesn't have any drops.

He really could have caught a slightly high pass early vs Az - but I bet it officially was not a drop.

I remember 3, but I will save you the trouble of telling me I have scrambled eggs for brains and just say, I could be wrong.

You're right. He doesn't have any drops.

I've seen some people claim he did on his first target in week 1. I don't agree though, the pass was too high. It wasn't totally uncatchable, but it would've been a great play if he'd caught it, rather than a drop because he didn't.

He's looked good!

I remember 3, but I will save you the trouble of telling me I have scrambled eggs for brains and just say, I could be wrong.

Mitchell has 9 targets so far:

FWIW, none of them look like drops to me. The first is the closest (last in this album, no idea why they uploaded out of order), but I don't think that's the kind of ball you'd expect anyone to catch. More a great play if he does haul it down.

I like what I've seen from Mitchell so far: he contests for balls and makes tough yards after the catch. Plus he seems like a tough kid as evidenced by the way he's responded to his elbow injury and seems to be a caring, thoughtful guy off the field with his reading program.

You don't need to do that. The problem is people have different definitions of what's a drop.

Thanks for sharing that! I haven't watched the Texans game yet, but the drop I thought was a drop is more a bad throw so I can't blame him on that. Although I would like to get a better view of it.

So there's only really 1 drop. That's the last GIF, if you watch it from the end zone view it's thrown a little behind Mitchell but he still gets two hands on it and doesn't catch it.

Last edited:

FWIW, none of them look like drops to me. The first is the closest (last in this album, no idea why they uploaded out of order), but I don't think that's the kind of ball you'd expect anyone to catch. More a great play if he does haul it down.

Agreed, just like I thought no drops from Mitchell so far this year.

Sorry for the crappy shots. I don't have any video editing skills. It's the best I could do. Right before the ball hits his hands, and right after.

161b9yr.jpg

2hydd1.jpg

Yeah that one against the Cards would have been tough but I still think it's something you need to catch.

Yeah that one against the Cards would have been tough but I still think it's something you need to catch.
If it's tough, then by definition it's not a drop. Just a close incompletion.

EXCELLENT job there sir, uploading the gifs

a tough catch doesn't mean it's not a drop...if the ball touches both your hands, its a drop...theres no other definitions with it

looking at those shots theres two drops, the one up high in the cards game 1st Q 2 min left
and the other drop is the fins game 2nd Q 8 min left (hits two hands, changes trajectory)

the others missed seem to be bad throws, but the gifs are seem at be more sped up on those i cant even tell where the ball ended up

tally: 4 catches, 3 bad throws, 2 drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back