PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Kenbrell Thompkins waived (update: claimed by Raiders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Kerr goes to the game tonight...Pats win...Joe claims responsibility and is an insufferable SOB the rest of the week...

Well, gloat all you like. I accept that I may have been wrong in predicting he would be a big part of this season's offense ... ;)

This homer had similar hopes for KT. Hey, I also had serious wood about Tyms this summer.
Conversely, I'm not shocked by any personnel moves given the lack of production.

I can tell just based on the way you're typing. Lost about 5 pounds of fat but sacrificed little to no finger speed.

I brought by body mass index down to 33.57, and my three cone shuttle is also around the 15.00 mark as well--although I can do a little better when I take the flip flops off.

Joe Kerr goes to the game tonight...Pats win...Joe claims responsibility and is an insufferable SOB the rest of the week...

I'll gladly take it.

Even the mean prick side of you (yeah, I said it). :cool:

it is going to REALLY suck to watch KT catch the game winning TD pass from vick later this year.

How many players has there been cut by BB that then went to a good season with the Jets?

I'll gladly take it.

Even the mean prick side of you (yeah, I said it). :cool:

OK, wiseguy...the gloves are OFF from now on....I'm gonna crank up my Guns and Hoses cd and prepare to drag you into the Carl Jung-le.....

OK, wiseguy...the gloves are OFF from now on....I'm gonna crank up my Guns and Hoses cd and prepare to drag you into the Carl Jung-le.....

Hey, enjoy the game, my friend.

Disciplinary reasons or poor play, He was still inactive for a couple of games. And he had a huge contract. If the t team thought Amendola was that poor, and KT was better he'd be playing.
That is what you like to believe because you think every decision Belichick and his staff make is based on fielding the best team possible, and that is just untrue, Logan Mankins being traded is a perfect example of financial implication determining a personnel move.
Amendola hasn't shown anything this season, but neither has Tompkins. In fact Tompkins hasn't shown much since he caught the game winning TD vs the saints last year.
I honestly was never high on Thompkins I saw him as a Justin Francis, a player who came in as an UDFA who played a position being rebuilt and able to catch on faster than the draft picks and more talented player. Eventually talent wins out. That said, I was never high on Amendola either, I think that he is the equivalent of a streak hitter in MLB, he will have 1, 2, maybe even 3 games a season where you are wowed and think man this guy could be a beast if he could do that every week. The problem is he cannot do it every week and he has proven that over the last 6 seasons.

At the end of the day, I think it came down to 2 subpar players and either 1 could have been cut, but from a calculated risk perspective and a financial perspective, Thompkins was the one that took the bullet. It does not mean the team thought more highly of Amendola, it just means they did not think that the gap between him and Thompkins was enough to justify taking the cap hit.

I always enjoy the live games...always have...sat through some horrible seasons yet still remember the great times during them. I think it's because I'm just a stupid old homer who spends his money on frivolous live entertainment when I could be laying down my cash in dozens of fantasy leagues desperately trying to become the big winner and mocking the stupid ba$tards that attend Pats games.

I always enjoy the live games...always have...sat through some horrible seasons yet still remember the great times during them. I think it's because I'm just a stupid old homer who spends his money on frivolous live entertainment when I could be laying down my cash for hookers and booze.

FYP

From your lips to God's ears.......

So, it's been 24 hours now. I'm wondering if we'll find out tonight about whether or not KT cleared waivers and will revert back to our practice squad?

So, it's been 24 hours now. I'm wondering if we'll find out tonight about whether or not KT cleared waivers and will revert back to our practice squad?
It's Volin, but ...

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 7h7 hours ago
FYI, everything I'm told is that Kenbrell Thompkins would clear waivers at 4 pm Monday, not Sunday. Teams have until 3:59 to submit a claim

It's Volin, but ...

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 7h7 hours ago
FYI, everything I'm told is that Kenbrell Thompkins would clear waivers at 4 pm Monday, not Sunday. Teams have until 3:59 to submit a claim

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

As much as I think he's been overrated by some, I'd rather have a WR on our practice squad who has some knowledge of the offense.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

As much as I think he's been overrated by some, I'd rather have a WR on our practice squad who has some knowledge of the offense.
as opposed to Boyce who has no knowledge of our offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents