PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Kenbrell Thompkins waived (update: claimed by Raiders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
as opposed to Boyce who has no knowledge of our offense?

No knowledge at all?

Both are likely less than what we need, but I personally believe that Thompkins has proven to have a much better knowledge of the system than Josh Boyce--who only saw the field last season due to injuries and was way behind in attempting to pick things up.

Joe Kerr goes to the game tonight...Pats win...Joe claims responsibility and is an insufferable SOB the rest of the week...

Damn! I was going to say it was my Pick the Score pick that did it. But I'm an insufferable SOB every week, so there! :)

Definitely not meaning to gloat about anything, Mike--particularly something that hurts us as a team. I'm wrong on a daily basis, so you'll never top that ;)

It was a tongue in cheek comment about Craig and his talk about Thompkins + his new training regimen this offseason, that's all.

My dear man! I was going to tell you that I'm still all in on the Dan Klecko, Cedric Cobbs and Bethel Johnson bandwagon, so how much do I know about prediction? On the other hand, look at Pick the Score this week! Sometimes a blind squirrel ... and oh, what a sweet nut.

Joker said:
Joe Kerr goes to the game tonight...Pats win...Joe claims responsibility and is an insufferable SOB the rest of the week...

Here Chickie Chickie Chickie...c'mere little chickie doodle cowards....I got a little sumpin for ya'..

joker01.jpg

Joker said:

Here Chickie Chickie Chickie...c'mere little chickie doodle cowards....I got a little sumpin for ya'..

joker01.jpg

Yeah! Bring it on Mr Colour-Blind, just bring it on!

a young guy and his girlfriend were sitting behind Tunes and I tonight...from Copenhagen. Never saw an NFL game before...someone at their hotel in Boston suggested it. Anyway, I cannot be ignored so I tried to explain what they were about to see...and I told them...you NEVER leave before the end of the game. They stayed until Garrop came in. Poor kids didn't see much of the game however as all of the rest of us were on our feet screaming and stomping all game....near the end I implored them to tell all their frioends in Denmark to make sure to become PATRIOT fans if they want to follow the NFL...why?...because ,I Joe Kerr am a famous kindasewer of that Danish delicacy, the smorgasbord.:D

Lucky bacon-slicers! I'm sure that they had a great time listening to that weird guy with the green hair (hopefully, security spotted that silly little scimitar thing). Kinda disappointing that they didn't have to pay through the nose to get a ticket, though, isn't it? What's happened when a couple of losses floods the market with spare tickets? Maybe my season tickets would have come through before I'm too old to climb the stadium steps if only the team had gone on sucking. Anyway, I paid a lot to get my tickets for the Chicago game when I'll be over with my daughter. And even if we're 3-4 going in we'll be up for it! Worth every cent.

I think even if KT makes in on our PS, in no time he might be signed off it by another Team who is desperate for a WR. *Thats based off what he did his Rookie year*. Maybe the Pats are happy with the develoment of Josh Boyce who would be an unknown to most Teams also they might like Brian Tyms more than we think and might view his upside better than KT's...Tyms have some unique tool's to work with.

I think even if KT makes in on our PS, in no time he might be signed off it by another Team who is desperate for a WR. *Thats based off what he did his Rookie year*. Maybe the Pats are happy with the develoment of Josh Boyce who would be an unknown to most Teams also they might like Brian Tyms more than we think and might view his upside better than KT's...Tyms have some unique tool's to work with.

I think they're trying to put a guy out on the street who's injured just at the moment but whom they'll re-sign if they get the chance. Danny Aiken, anyone?

Of course, it may be just because I'm a homer in Happyland ...

KT claimed by Raiders:

My condolences to Mr. Thompkins. I wasn't high on his game, but he'd done nothing to deserve such a terrible fate.

I genuinely feel awful for KT

He had a bunch of Patriots memorabilia and everything and absolutely loved it here

Now he's a Raider? Wow. Can a player refuse to report to a team they're claimed by? Lol

My condolences to Mr. Thompkins. I wasn't high on his game, but he'd done nothing to deserve such a terrible fate.
Not a good landing spot for sure. I wonder how many other teams put in a claim, if any.

Good for him. At least he will be 4th on the depth chart there and get to earn playing time.

If he had gone to the Jets he would be starting this weekend.

Oakland was 2nd on the list.

I figured they were way down there. Question regarding the waiver wire? Since Oakland picked up Thomkins, even though they are the 2nd worst team, does their place on the waiver wire change with the pick up if another player they want is waived next week? Are they still second?

I figured they were way down there. Question regarding the waiver wire? Since Oakland picked up Thomkins, even though they are the 2nd worst team, does their place on the waiver wire change with the pick up if another player they want is waived next week? Are they still second?

Place on the wire stays the same.

Not sure, Oakland is a zero win team so evidently he was picked up quick.
That's true. I believe each team can put in a claim for him and he goes to whoever has highest priority. So if OAK and, say, DEN, both put a claim in on him, he goes to OAK.

a young guy and his girlfriend were sitting behind Tunes and I tonight...from Copenhagen. Never saw an NFL game before...someone at their hotel in Boston suggested it. Anyway, I cannot be ignored so I tried to explain what they were about to see...and I told them...you NEVER leave before the end of the game. They stayed until Garrop came in. Poor kids didn't see much of the game however as all of the rest of us were on our feet screaming and stomping all game....near the end I implored them to tell all their frioends in Denmark to make sure to become PATRIOT fans if they want to follow the NFL...why?...because ,I Joe Kerr am a famous kindasewer of that Danish delicacy, the smorgasbord.:D
LOL classic Joker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back