PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR is a need now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats can find a way to add Gonzalez they won't need a 3rd wideout. They could run with two TE's and two WR's all game and terrorize opposing defenses.

That would be awesome!

And what evidence is there to suggest that DHB has any more brains (or heart) than Chad Jackson?
I don't, anymore then I know Connor Barwin has the mental capacity, though I've seen more of Barwin to make an educated guess. BB gets to handle the heavy lifting on that part, I can't do it all for him.

You're usually more fair than this. The kid got hosed in New England, by the fans as much as by the team. Then the poor guy finds a team and latches on, only to have his former O.C. end up as the head coach there.

The man must be thinking that he's been cursed.
Cursed or not, he gets the benefit of the doubt while he's wearing the laundry. Once he's cut and not re-signed, I get to make a re-evaluation based on the available information. He had the tools, he had plenty of time to digest the playbook, he had plenty of time in the film room with some of the best minds in the NFL - on and off the field - and in preseason he was unable to run the option routes. It seems the mental aspect of the game eluded him. Call it maturity, intelligence, maybe a learning disability, it's all in his head and he no longer gets any benefit of the doubt. He's a lesson learned for NE, I harbor no animosity for him, but I don't have any respect for him as a player. I hope he makes good decisions and is a model citizen, he's got a better financial start, a better education, and more talent than I ever had - the balls in his court.

We need two WR's unless someone thinks that we can count on Aiken as a deep threat. Moss is signed through 2010 and shouldn't be counted on past then. Even with Moss and Welker, we need a third to stretch the field, with Welker in the slot. And we need a developmental wide receiver for the future. In the meantime, even with a solid #3, we are counting on Aiken to play major reps if there is an injury.

And yes, I know we count on our running backs and tight ends in the passing game. We still need to have wide receivers. My preference is for two free agents. But then, my preference is always for free agents to allow us more freedom in who we choose the draft. It is always good to have the luxury of being able to draft developmental players.

I'm on the Ashley Lelie bandwagon...

p1_lelie_si.jpg

Plenty of room on that bandwagon. He's failed at 2 teams so far. Don't want him. I'd rather have a veteran re-tread like David Patten or Drew Bennett. Neither is very exciting, but they'd be cheap.

I'm on the Ashley Lelie bandwagon...

p1_lelie_si.jpg

Plenty of room on that bandwagon. He's failed at 2 teams so far. Don't want him. I'd rather have a veteran re-tread like David Patten or Drew Bennett. Neither is very exciting, but they'd be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes