Welcome to PatsFans.com

Wow the hate runs deep

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DefenseRules, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +565 / 22 / -5

#12 Jersey

Tomase wrote a nice piece on Tippett's enshrinement into the hall of fame. There were 12 comments at the end of the article. All except one was full of venom for Mr. Tomase. Whatever happened to time heals all wounds?
    His Faux Pas is going to follow him for a long time.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...rticleid=1110748&format=comments#CommentsArea

These are just a sample:
    Ok, fess up, who in here posted those comments? :p

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  2. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Sometimes, when you do something really wrong, and it smears innocent people and hurts millions of others, the consequences stay with you longer than a week.

Fortunately, Mr. Tomase still has an absolute dream job covering the greatest NFL coach in history. He should wake up singing every morning.

I doubt he gives a flying hoot what the fans think, or he wouldn't have acted so treacherously 6 months ago.

I guess the herald has made its "point" by keeping him on, whatever that point was. At least Felger is gone. But the editor lingers. As long as that editor lingers, any apology they made IMO was tongue in cheek and lacking in sincerity.

They've managed to discharge their pent up venom on the now departed M. Ramirez.

Who will be the target for their next experiment in mass propaganda?

They're definitely sharpening their knives as we speak.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  3. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It does and will, but the amount of time isn't up to you or me. You can't just say, "Time has passed. All wounds are therefore healed." It doesn't work that way. The amount of time needed is the amount of time needed.

And there just hasn't been enough time. There hasn't been enough time yet for the Larry Barnett or Ben Dreith wounds to heal. You can hurry a healing process. It may not happen in one or two generations, or even millenia, but eventually no one will care.

4. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +565 / 22 / -5

#12 Jersey

I get what you are saying. I let the hate go when training camp started. What else can I do? A new season is upon us.
    Don't get me wrong, Tomase deserves all the VENOM that he gets. He ruined the Super Bowl for a lot of people. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that he ruined if for me and everyone at my house who came to watch the game. I'm just a little surprised that people still feel so strongly.

5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

lol @ someone reigstering as "Go_Away_JT" and "mattwalsh"

6. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +796 / 1 / -3

For the majority of Pats fans it would have been very easy to forgive Tomase had the Patriots won the super bowl. His article still would have put a damper on the celebration, given the reaction of the media and many fans of the other 31 teams. But even so, it would have been difficult to remain angry at Tomase had we been celebrating a fourth victory and an undefeated season. The Pats didn't win, so Tomase is the poster child for the anger and disappointment felt by Pats fans whenver one of those fans of another team or member of the media has some unflattering comment about the Pats.

7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

My God - give Tomase a break.. I mean its not like he wrote a completely false and incredibly damaging and distracting story and decided to run it on the eve of the biggest game of the year during a season in which the Patriots were poised to take their place as the greatest team in the histrory of the Nationa Football League, or anything like that.

What's that? Oh, he did?

Oh, well, carry on then.

8. patsfaninpittsburgh

patsfaninpittsburgh Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sums it up well!!!

Things were so bad by 6:00 pm on that Sunday, I just wanted the game and season over. Personally, I am not so bitter about SB XLII as much as how the joy of the 2007 season was robbed from the fans.

However, I still believe Tomase ran that story per the league office. The last thing they wanted was a perfect season. That would have made "Spygate" a multi year story.

On the brighter side, I very, very rarely watch ESPN.

9. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,957 / 35 / -63

No Jersey Selected

I just don't get the "I DIDN'T READ THE ARTICLE. NANANANANANA" comments. If you didn't read the article, why take the time to post about it? Those people make themselves look more idiotic than Tomase.

10. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +394 / 3 / -1

#75 Jersey

I don't think it does any good to post those comments here.

When Tip thanked Ron Borges I was thinking, even the lowest scum does something good every 25 years or so. But I didn't post those thoughts here.

Ooops, I just did.

11. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,009 / 42 / -15

Although I am pretty much over the whole thing at this point and I always had more venom towards ESPN and the NYT because their reporting had malicious intent and Tomase didn't, I don't believe in any conspiracies. I really don't buy that the league office fixes games. I think it is stupid that Patriots haters believe that Goodell covered up the Patriots cheating by destroying the tapes.

Granted I don't believe aliens landed in Roswell in 1947, the US governement was really responsible for 911, or the moon landing was a hoax either. So I guess I am not the best guy to buy into a good conspiracy.

12. fnordcircle

fnordcircle brady plz PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 20 / -26

Well, congratulations on posting that you don't like someone, I guess.

13. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,910 / 191 / -145

Disable Jersey

Tomase pissed away his credibility on rumor that nobody else dared touch due to its lack of evidence. Reporters around the nation refused to run it, but the team reporter of the local paper chose to run a potentially devastating story when the team he was paid to cover was on the brink of perfection.

It really doesn't get much more idiotic than what Tomase did.

14. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yea, and here I was thinking when Tip made that acknowledgement to Borges, that even a really piss poor journalist like him can see how good a player Tip was after many, many years of reflection!:rolleyes:

15. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,957 / 35 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Not arguing that here. Just saying that posting "I didn't read the article" in the article's comments section doesn't make much sense to me.

16. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

"hurts?" Really? God, guys, seriously - it's YOUR hyperbole that is over-the-top at this point. This is truly sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.