PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would the Pats run up the score on the Jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Pope **** in the woods?

Uhhh, shouldn't that read, "Does a BEAR **** in the woods"?

Unless you are unequivocally saying "no" to the original poster's question, in which case, all bets are off here....

I'm reminded of the old cartoon showing Pope John Paul with the Russian bear, and the caption under the Pope, with an Alfred E. Newman type smile, says, "I'm Catholic", while the Russian bear, grinning wickedly, says "I **** in the woods!".

I believe a title at the top of the cartoon says, "Clearing Things Up".

At the time, indeed!

Funny, I see the handshake business exactly the opposite. If the Pats win big again, Eric Mangini would dream of Belichick looking petty and ungracious, leading to a media flurry that takes some of the spotlight off the asskicking the Jets just received.

Dream scenario: Pats absolutely wallop the Jets and BB strides out, all smiles, to say "good game!" and give a nice, long handshake to a guy who looks like he'd rather be somewhere, anywhere, else.
way way to much bad blood for a handshake, the only reason for a handshake is to give it to the media belichick wont do it it would be labeled A"phoney handshake not genuine" so hes beter of f just going to the locker room, a stare and a middle finger is what i would hope for

My dream scenario is that the Pats punish the Jets and Bill Belichick simply walks off the field without shaking Mangina's hand.
Your dream scenario is exactly what I think will happen. The Pats will discrace the rats. And there is no way I see BB shaking Manginas hand,no way.

Funny, I see the handshake business exactly the opposite. If the Pats win big again, Eric Mangini would dream of Belichick looking petty and ungracious, leading to a media flurry that takes some of the spotlight off the asskicking the Jets just received.

Dream scenario: Pats absolutely wallop the Jets and BB strides out, all smiles, to say "good game!" and give a nice, long handshake to a guy who looks like he'd rather be somewhere, anywhere, else.

Couldn't agree more. Snubbing the handshake would be perfect for Ratgini. Personally, I'd take your dream scenario... have him end the handshake with a pull in for a big hug, patting him on the back while whispering "I'll own your ass for the rest of your short career" in his ear just before he blows the nearest TV camera a big kiss, then walks off with a flash of that evil grin.

What I'd LIKE to see the Pats utterly humiliate the Jests, shut them out and run the score way up and then have BB shove as many reporters as possible (Borges, Felger & Shaughnessy hopefully included) on his way to punching Mangina in the face at the 50 yard line..... :rocker:

What I EXPECT to see is the Pats play as usual, and not change one thing for the Jets. Get ahead by 3 scores then run out the clock if possible, ending the game with some Cassel kneel-downs and then BB very civilly shake Mangini's hand like nothing ever happened. ;)

I think the best way to humiliate Ratgini without firing up the Jets players/fans in his defense is to simply dominate them in the first half, get a comfortable lead, and then put in the 2nd team for the -entire- second half (and hopefully keep increasing the lead). Maybe we could get some 3rd stringers in there for the 4th quarter....

There won't be anything for the Jets to focus their anger on but their own team and head coach.

A nice, consoling handshake after the game would be a perfect touch too ;)

Alternatively, I'm hoping the Pats are scouring the league bylaws looking for things they can catch the Jets with during the game. A nice Jets cheating scandal would be poetic justice at this point.

Yes and I predict pain for the Jets.

I think the best way to humiliate Ratgini without firing up the Jets players/fans in his defense is to simply dominate them in the first half, get a comfortable lead, and then put in the 2nd team for the -entire- second half (and hopefully keep increasing the lead). Maybe we could get some 3rd stringers in there for the 4th quarter....

There won't be anything for the Jets to focus their anger on but their own team and head coach.

What better way to say "F you we don't need any videos" to the Jets than with a blowout and let the 2nd stringers do their thing in the second half to avoid injuries......
Find out what was the worst defeat ever laid on the Jets
and try to exceed it.....

Hell yeah run up the score. F*ck the rat and his ****ty team.

Score enough point to build a lead and then get the starters out. I don't want the playoff run hampered by dirty hits from a desperate and jealous team.

I hope like hell we blow them out. Then at the end of the game as belichick walks out to grudgingly shake manginas hands the team should surrond bill and carry him out on their shoulders through the tunnel past the the wave and roars of suppotive fans. All this will occour while a disgraced coach and his beaten and dejected team look on to see what a real team and coach look like. Then the fans should harass and humiliate mangini.

Ok, I'm being a contrarian, but I would prefer something different.

The Patriots build up a big lead in the first half--let's say 35 to 7. In the second half, as Fahrenhype suggested, we pull out the first string and let the second play the rest of the game. I can think of nothing more humiliating and contemptuous than to refuse to bother with your best effort.

Afterward, BB runs out and offers Mangini a big smile and a hearty handshake. And then gives him the finger.

I admit, however, that this may be too subtle for a lot of Jests fans.

Q: Would the Pats run up the score on the Jets?
A: I sure as Hell hope so.

This would be a great game to do a play I've always wanted to see, make it look like we're going to run out the clock and then flip it out to Randy and have him high step 80 yards to the house.

Last edited:
Score enough point to build a lead and then get the starters out. I don't want the playoff run hampered by dirty hits from a desperate and jealous team.

Exactly correct. You can bet BB won't risk his starters unnecessarily. A key injury occurring while trying to run the score up would hand a final victory to Ratgini. But definitely I hope there is no handshake. Just walk off normally ingnoring him. I don't expect anything phony from BB.

Besides, I know he wouldn't want to embarass the players just because Ratgini is such an arse.

As once was said....it's not BB's job to stop scoring, it's Mangini's job to prevent scoring.

I think they will....those Rats don't deserve such respect to hold off Late TD's

Yeah this is perfect, except I would have Belichick say a mocking "Great Job!" the same line Mangina used to mock Belichick after his lucky win last year.

Yeah this is perfect, except I would have Belichick say a mocking "Great Job!" the same line Mangina used to mock Belichick after his lucky win last year.

I'd rather he say something like "smile for the camera" while sporting a very smug grin....

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes