PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would Bill Belichick voluntarily resign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabthepat

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Is there a point at which Bill Belichick would/should step down as the head coach of the Patriots? I think the Patriot's brand/image has been severely tarnished this year and I do not see Spygate going away anytime soon.

Even Rumsfeld and Gonzalez eventually stepped down for their team/party.

Is there a point at which Bill Belichick would/should step down as the head coach of the Patriots? I think the Patriot's brand/image has been severely tarnished this year and I do not see Spygate going away anytime soon.

I would almost have to say, that if he goes... so do I.

Belichick MADE the Patriots the great dynasty that they are.

Last edited:
He is the face of this scandal... so he should. Anyone with any respect for the game and this team, would and should. But he probably won't.

Bills fans like our little buddy DropKick Flutie would love it if Belichick resigned. Gives them hope of a winning season sometime this decade. :rofl:

Bills fans like our little buddy DropKick Flutie would love it if Belichick resigned. Gives them hope of a winning season sometime this decade. :rofl:

lol How much you wanna bet they'd be on their own messageboards the minute it happened, vying for someone to bring him to their organization?

Only truly stupid/ignorant fans fail to see the value of Belichick in the NFL. The Patriots are the most watched team, and bring in a TON of money across the board for the NFL... spygate did not hurt ratings one bit, and the nfl continues to benefit from the pats and belichick, you think that'd happen without him...ummm NO.

BB and Rumsfeld. Hmmm. One is a football coach, the other was in charge of the defense of the United States. No stretch here. :rolleyes:

I think your image as a poster on this forum has been severely tarnished because of this worrywart, troll-baiting, idiotic thread.

no, didn't he just get a big contract in september?

The day Belichick resigns is the day that I'm done with the NFL.

The day Belichick resigns is the day that I'm done with the NFL.

I could say that now, but this game is in my blood, otoh do not see it. The bottom line here is that what BB did, every team has done to one degree or another.

I should hope not. He violated a rule and he did it out in the open for everyone to see.

Yeah... so?

Here's Dropkick Flutie's pic:

guy1.jpg

When this scandal first broke, I was honestly devastated. As a long time fan and season ticket holder suffering through numerous bad seasons and still loving our team, this was something that did not sit well with me.

But during the process, something changed in the way I was thinking. And it was the absolute mean spirited way people went after not only Belichick, but Brady and our whole team. Simply put, we do not live in a very nice world today. What in particular bothered me was the way this whole issue was brought up right before the SB -- how very convenient. You had all year Spector but chose to bring it up a few days before the SB. You are a low life, pure and simple. And he chose to bring it up before the media, not before a committee in Congress. It smells really bad.

In addition the media and fans from other teams are a disgrace. We can't beat you, but we sure can say --- well you know, we still are cheating, all of our SB's should be taken away, we never won a game on our own merit, etc., etc, etc. It is this kind of talk that has changed my entire thought process.

I choose to support our team. I choose to support Belichick. I choose never to go on another football forum -- I do not need to listen to the fools of the world. I do not read any articles on Spygate because none of the information is new -- more about trying to drag it out to totally humiliate our team.

Frankly, I do not know what is wrong with the world today. It is quite sad. I choose not to be part of the problem.

Yeah, Belichik resigns and watch how many owners flock to sign him! No way he resigns because Patriots nation won't allow him to. We will go to his house in thousands to cheer him on in support.

What most opposing fans do not understand is that we LOVE Bill Belichik and will support him no matter what. Who care what fans of other (losing) teams want? Nothing will happen to force him to resign, so I don't see him going anywhere.

How'd ya like them apples dropkick?:D

When this scandal first broke, I was honestly devastated. As a long time fan and season ticket holder suffering through numerous bad seasons and still loving our team, this was something that did not sit well with me.

But during the process, something changed in the way I was thinking. And it was the absolute mean spirited way people went after not only Belichick, but Brady and our whole team. Simply put, we do not live in a very nice world today. What in particular bothered me was the way this whole issue was brought up right before the SB -- how very convenient. You had all year Spector but chose to bring it up a few days before the SB. You are a low life, pure and simple. And he chose to bring it up before the media, not before a committee in Congress. It smells really bad.

In addition the media and fans from other teams are a disgrace. We can't beat you, but we sure can say --- well you know, we still are cheating, all of our SB's should be taken away, we never won a game on our own merit, etc., etc, etc. It is this kind of talk that has changed my entire thought process.

I choose to support our team. I choose to support Belichick. I choose never to go on another football forum -- I do not need to listen to the fools of the world. I do not read any articles on Spygate because none of the information is new -- more about trying to drag it out to totally humiliate our team.

Frankly, I do not know what is wrong with the world today. It is quite sad. I choose not to be part of the problem.

I salute your stance pats1yes! I agree whole-heartedly with all of the above. I too have become more & more loyal to the Patriots, Kraft & Belichik due to the onslaught of haterism this year.

But the thought that has continued to build in my mind ever since spygate is why millions of opposing fans have wasted so, so much time & energy just wishing & hoping for the Patriots to fall. I never realized the level of idiocy that is out there. I used to think only the stupid & uneducated sought revenge & waited in hopes to see someone fall...hey, maybe I was right!;)

I was pissed at first too until i realized that everyone did it.

There have been numerous reports of other teams doing this and nobody has said a damn thing about it. This whole scandal makes everyone but the Pats look like crybabies, it's sick.

Anytime now Bill.

I salute your stance pats1yes! I agree whole-heartedly with all of the above. I too have become more & more loyal to the Patriots, Kraft & Belichik due to the onslaught of haterism this year.

But the thought that has continued to build in my mind ever since spygate is why millions of opposing fans have wasted so, so much time & energy just wishing & hoping for the Patriots to fall. I never realized the level of idiocy that is out there. I used to think only the stupid & uneducated sought revenge & waited in hopes to see someone fall...hey, maybe I was right!;)

Its the media that has really pushed this thing and the fans just fall in line. These sports media guys are journalists, but instead of writing about real news, they are consigned to discussing quaterback ratings. This is their chance to be a "real journalist" and break a story like watergate. But the truth is there is nothing really here so they need to sensationalize it.

Back to topic - give me a break! Belichick will not resign. His image has already been tarnished by something that many others were/are doing. If you think back before the SB, there had been no talk of Spygate for over four months. The only discussion on Belichick were his Hall of Fame credentials. Now we are back into the Spygate nest, but nothing new has been revealed. I think Spygate will disappear again or if it continues to grow, it will grow outward to other organizations as everything has been revealed on the Patriots.

He is the face of this scandal... so he should. Anyone with any respect for the game and this team, would and should. But he probably won't.

That's what you hope for, because you know he'll be dominating your team for year's to come.

Those who are worried about reps being tarnished have no self-dignity or character.

believe it or not, this will blow over. He is just the scapegoat right now. Its obvious that everyone does it but who would read about it if the headline was "Dolphins caught videotaping". Who would care? No, they have to pick on the best team in the league. Belichick will be fine and so will our team!

It's a disgusting, jaded world we live in. Where people want to build you up and then knock you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back