PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Worried sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the fish [and jets] are media darlings right now, fish are way overrated and hopefully we crash their party this weekend.

As far as the playoffs are concerned, if we lose, we no longer control our own destiny. Simple as that.

Will you cheer less the rest of the way if we lose?

I won't.

Interesting question. I'm not sure my answer is the same.

I guess it is -- I mean, I'll cheer the same. But if it happens at some point that the team is officially eliminated from the playoffs, I'll certainly care less. I think I'll cheer less too, in the sense that I won't be as excited if they win.

Is this some kind of litmus test for a " true fan" or not? If so, I guess I fail. I consider myself a pretty big fan, but, dang it, I admit, the importance of the game in terms of the ultimate goal matters to how much I care about the game. Is that bad?

Last edited:
And the change of season makes all the difference...

Yes, at least according to Troy Brown. He was on Sports tonight on Monday and talked about it. Right now it probably the best time considering what they will come from and go into. He said September and October games are unbearable down there and that the players are trashed halfway through the 3rd quarter because of the heat.

For the record Pitt is the best team we will play, but we always play them well. We always have trouble with the fins, even when they are terrible....so this year when they are playing well will be tough (not to mention the thrashing they gave us earlier this year)

I'm really worried, too. The Dolphins are one of the better teams in football right now, and we're playing at their home. Halp.

I hope you are being sarcastic......well other than that we generally struggle for some unknown reason when playing in Miami........other than that....Miami is not going anywhere this year playoff wise......they have made good progress this year....against a very puppy dog schedule overall.......

blitz fritz.. can only root for your team, youre not playing. that isnt to say that during the weeks leading up to playoff games i do not lose sleep myself, but this is just the regular season. we are 6-4 without brady, and for that, I am extremely satisfied. I feel like this is Patriot football circa the late 90's where we had good teams, always fighting for playoff positioning, with only a prayer of winning the championship. so we will have to see how this goes

Joey porter was just talking again on PTI. He said that our team disrespected them in Foxboro earlier in the year.....

everyone opens their win after winning. Where was he after taking 5 yrs XXXX millions last yr , getting beat 50 + points and then complaining BB was still running plays with 2 mins left. ? He is now complaining about the fact that he couldnt play defense for 2 more minutes after eating all the money and disrespect and all.

I cant read anything about the PATS or even discuss anything until this next game is on....

If we lose, we very likely out of the playoffs. (IMO) I cant believe it has come to this already....

Anyone else in this extremely nervous state??

:eek:
I cant blame you but you need to believe that it can be done lol people said we were done when Brady went down and now we are in position to win the division with a win on sunday and if the jets lose against the 10-0 titans we are again on top of the afc east so don't panic.

As an FYI to earlier posts about the benefit of playing in Miami later in the season - the last few days have been unseasonably cool (overnight in the 40's and even below, daytime 60's to low 70's) - which remove one of the big obstacles the Pats have had playing there in the past. In a way it would be fitting since the Dolphins have not had to deal with outdoor late season division games (the Buffalo game is indoors in Toronto.)

I'm always worried sick about the Pats, so I basically feel normal now.

Assuming that we have this in perspective and don't put our concern about a game played by 22 guys on a 100 yard field for 60 minutes above "real" worries like family and health, the answer is "Yes," I'd be "Worried Sick" about the Pats if they were 6--4 with a healthy Brady, Maroney, Rodney, Thomas, etc.

Now, I'm realistic. We've done pretty well considering the obstacles we've faced. I thought we were going to make the Playoffs, even win the Division, but we couldn't win money games against the Colts and Jets two out of three weeks, one of them at home.

That suggests to me that maybe the weapons aren't there this year. I'm "Not Happy" about that, but I'm still behind them 100% and also proud of our guys for not mailing it in, when other teams would have given up.

Last edited:
I'm rather carefree going into Sunday. Injuries or no injuries, if we're not good enough to beat the Dolphins with 3 extra days to rest and prepare, we're not good enough to play in January. They were just taken to the limit by Seattle and Oakland, no folks that't not NYG or Tennessee that almost (maybe should have) beat them, that's two teams with 4 wins combined. A loss to me would just say this simply isn't our year, no need to get worked up over it and just wait for next season. While the homer in me was expecting a deep run, I've kept myself prepared for a day like what Sunday could end up being, and I'm ready to accept whatever is coming.

Assuming that we have this in perspective and don't put our concern about a game played by 22 guys on a 100 yard field for 60 minutes above "real" worries like family and health, the answer is "Yes," I'd be "Worried Sick" about the Pats if they were 6--4 with a healthy Brady, Maroney, Rodney, Thomas, etc.

Now, I'm realistic. We've done pretty well considering the obstacles we've faced. I thought we were going to make the Playoffs, even win the Division, but we couldn't win money games against the Colts and Jets two out of three weeks, one of them at home.

That suggests to me that maybe the weapons aren't there this year. I'm "Not Happy" about that, but I'm still behind them 100% and also proud of our guys for not mailing it in, when other teams would have given up.

I guess i just cant face a season shut out of the playoffs. i cant believe its only our 11th game and we really could be eliminated for all practical purposes.

I am NOT being realistic. Im just being fanatic.:rolleyes:

our defense is just play average these days.... i just dont get it.
it only makes us sad!

I'll hit the "panic button" if they don't win on sunday. I think of the Pats record after a loss and it's a pretty good stat. I have to laugh to myself, I told my wife before the start of the season I thought the Pats could go 12-4, so does this mean they'll run the table? :)

Unfortunately, that's nearly as convincing as our horrendous record against the Dolphins on the road :(

Gotta take it one game at a time. Missing the playoffs isn't exactly a disaster. Considering that the season was considered lost when Brady got injured for the rest of the year. I'd like to see this team make the playoffs, but to do that it needs to win the games it should win, particularly against division rivals. That starts this week against the Fins. If this team can't go even 4-2 down the stretch it didn't deserve to get to the playoffs in the first place.

Gotta take it one game at a time. Missing the playoffs isn't exactly a disaster. Considering that the season was considered lost when Brady got injured for the rest of the year. I'd like to see this team make the playoffs, but to do that it needs to win the games it should win, particularly against division rivals. That starts this week against the Fins. If this team can't go even 4-2 down the stretch it didn't deserve to get to the playoffs in the first place.

To many injuries and a lack of a legit defense will make them first round losers anyway. They need to have a solid draft, and they can contend for a title in 09.

Last edited:
The minute Tom Brady went down in the 1st quarter of the first game any Patriots fan with a brain would have said the Super Bowl was likely out of realism but the playoffs could be a longshot possibility

For this team to still not only have playoff possibilities in week 11 but to also have a shot at a division title or at worst a wild card should be more than any one of us could have dreamed of

Even if we happen to lose on sunday and the playoffs become unlikely you still could not have envisioned this team much better than it is without Mr. Brady in command of the team.

Win or lose,cheer up - There will always be next year when HOPEFULLY #12 is back and ready to go another campaign of high aspirations (with a better OL who can protect him next year)

Last edited:
.....The reason this game is EXTREMELY important is for the division records. Not even necessarily the division title but order of finish.

jets are 3 - 1 right now
miami is 2 - 1 right now (with trips to the jets and to buf, in toronto)
pats are 2 - 2 right now heading to buf at the end of the season.

if the pats lose, not only are they trailing in overall records, they're behind the 8-ball in the division and relying on the other teams losing. And, they have weak schedules too.

That's why this game is vital...not just because it's the next game. You can lose the pittsburgh game but you must win this game.

Agree with this guy. Pats are in third place in the division. If we lose this one, we're 2 and 3 in the division and no longer control our own destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3