PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With the exception of Patriots and Colts the NFC is catching up to the AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this 16-0 stuff talk ends,Unfortunately it would mean a loss but that is what it is to quiet the craziness,I do hope if its just 1 defeat we have this year its to an NFC opponent

don't get me wrong, I hate the 16-0 nonsense, but I think there's a possibility that one of these three teams will only lose to another one of these three teams this year. Even on a bad day, I think they're all better than any other team.

don't get me wrong, I hate the 16-0 nonsense, but I think there's a possibility that one of these three teams will only lose to another one of these three teams this year. Even on a bad day, I think they're all better than any other team.

I still don't think Dallas is anymore than a 12-4 team at best - In fact I still think they fall to 11-5 - Why do I think that? I don't know - just a hunch and maybe the fact that I never liked Wade Phillips as a head coach

Indy and New England IMO can very possibly win 14 or 15 games - I say one of these 2 will go 14-2 and the other 13-3 and the game between the two most definately will be HFA much like last years regular season game was about although it took an upset of SD and Baltimore to make that reasoning possible.

Don't be surprised if Either Indy Dallas or New England loses to one of those bottom dweller teams that plays inspiring ball for a particular game and probably on the bad teams home field - Almost guaranteed at least one of these 3 teams has a game where they lose to a crap team and you go "NO ****ING WAY!" - It happens EVERY year

Ask Pittsburgh when they played Oakland last year for example
or Indianapolis when they played Houston

Last edited:
8-6 AFC v. NFC this year, record was in 2004 when it was 44-20 AFC over NFC, I can;t seem to find what it was last year but I thin it was 36-24 or something

8-6 AFC v. NFC this year, record was in 2004 when it was 44-20 AFC over NFC, I can;t seem to find what it was last year but I thin it was 36-24 or something

I think its tied at 8-8 this year so far regarding NFC/AFC clashes

I just checked. The AFC is collectively at .500, confirming that interconference play has been at .500.

I just checked. The AFC is collectively at .500, confirming that interconference play has been at .500.

I'm betting the NFC wins that interconference battle this year...A meaningless stat,but nonetheless a shocking one

That is true,Despite so many prognosticators saying Philly was the class of the division I thought they were nuts - I think McNabb is the most overated QB in the NFC and I thought in the summer that Washington was going to come out of that division as the winner and I stand by that choice -Yes I do think they will catch Dallas as I still have no confidence in Phillips as coach,I think Campbell is going to be a good one and that its about time Gibbs comes around,He is way too smart a man and coach to be this bad these past few years

The Giants should make things interesting too-their #1 pick(Aaron Ross) is looking every bit like a blue chip corner, and their new DC(Steve Spagnola) has been a huge upgrade over Tim Lewis-I've seen more stunts and blitzes this year than the entire previous 3 years under Lewis.

The Giants should make things interesting too-their #1 pick(Aaron Ross) is looking every bit like a blue chip corner, and their new DC(Steve Spagnola) has been a huge upgrade over Tim Lewis-I've seen more stunts and blitzes this year than the entire previous 3 years under Lewis.

As I had said earlier this year,Its a make or break year for Peyton's little brother....I hope he proves hes worthy of the Manning name,With that sad O-Line he deserves more and yes the Giants can be dangerous.

Anyone know what the NFC vs. AFC records were last year after 1/4 of the season?

I bet the AFC had something like a 10-3 edge

I don't know about what the record was a quarter of the way through, but the AFC held a .625 winning percentage in inter-conference play (10 wins per 16 games). The year before that was mostly even (which is odd considering a 6th seeded Steelers team was favoured and covered over a 1st seeded Seahawks team in the Superbowl) and in our last Superbowl it was outrageously lopsided for a .6875 winning percentage I think (11 wins per 16 games).

It's moreso that the AFC has gotten worse this year, not that the NFC has gotten better. I mean look throughout the whole league and how many really good teams do you see right now? Three? Maybe four or five but definitely not more than that. The NFL is just a mess of mediocre teams at the moment.

Are other teams on the rise, or are those top teams just falling apart? I mean does GB really look that good? I don't think so, their WRs are OK and they have no RB and not exactly a formidable defense.

Exactly. The best teams in the NFC have taken a step back. While the best teams in the AFC are as good as they always were (well perhaps not Baltimore).

The NFC is a basket case, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

R

This would actually be a reverse of the way things were in the late 80s through early 90s. At that time, it was the Cowboys and 49ers who dominated the game, but otherwise the AFC and NFC competed on an even footing.

Most people don't realize that all through those years, the AFC was even if not slightly ahead in total interconference wins. But in truth, the NFC also had the worse teams, and since there is no Loser Bowl, the NFC just seemed dominant because an NFC team always won the Super Bowl.

Now it's true for the AFC. The Pats and the Colts make the AFC seem dominant, but in fact for 2007, the record between the two conferences stands at an even .500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents